Monday 27 August 2012

Chapter 1 - "Bring Me To Life !" - 27th August 2012.

The tale of the day I was born from my box, and how I subsequently discovered what it's like to be FREE as a living doll in a world dominated by humans ...

You can find the FULL story on my facebook blog here ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.150990161722359.35113.150797015075007&type=3

You can also check out the music slideshow to this chapter on Youtube here ... http://youtu.be/B2541kAYLLU

Chapter 1 - "Bring Me To Life !".


This is me when I was still in my Disney Store box. Now I cant really say that I have had a tough life so far, as to be honest, I have not really had many experiences or particular hardships. However, the life of a doll can be rather strange and confusing, especially in the early days ...

One of my earliest memories is a bright light, as my box was taken out of the big brown shipping box that I arrived at my store in. There were magical colours everywhere, cheerful music, and many, many of my sister dolls put out on display together.

This sight was unfortunatly short lived, as my box ended up at the back of a shelf behind many other dolls. Which sort of limited my view of the world to the back of the doll box in front, and the 2 dolls that I could see either side of me if I tried very hard to look left and right out of the corners of my eyes (as you know this is not easy for a doll who's head is attached to the backing of her box).

Now, although I felt a little boxed in (sorry for the pun), I was quite cheerful and optimistic, and the joyful music that often played in the store gave me hope. Particularly a song called "Part of your World", as I so desperately wanted to be free from my box, and part of the world.

After several months of sitting on the shelf however, watching many of my sister dolls find new and loving homes, I started to think that my time must be coming soon ? .... This however was shortly followed by the arrival of new dolls!!

My box had finally made it to the front of the shelf, however this was in some ways worse, when I discovered the arrival of the new fully articulated Princess dolls ! The rumours circulated fast amongst us older dolls, as we all heard about the jointed knees and ankles, new face moulds, hairs styles, and even new look dresses! Our hearts sank, as we suddenly realised that we were the obsolete models, and not only did we have to compete with each other, but these new flashy dolls to try and get a new home.

Another month past and I was about to give up hope, all the other Cinderella dolls of my type had gone and found new loving homes, and I was the last one left. Once again at the back of a shelf behind a line of the new Cinderella dolls. This was not looking promising .... and then as if someone out there had heard my prayers, a hand reached through to the back and pulled out my box and took me straight to the tills. Before I knew what was happening, I was in a bag and finally on my way to my new home. :o).



As I peered out of the bag upon arriving home, I was pleasantly suprised to discover that my new owner was not only a Disney fan, but a major lover of dolls. Holly seemed very careful with me, and was considerate enough to leave my box peeking out when she put me down and went to sort unpacking the rest of the shopping. This left me with a nice little glimpse of the new world that I was to inhabit, and I started to wonder what my new life might be like ?



I had a nice view of a really tall glass display cabinet, that seemed full of wonderful things, including many many Disney dolls. The best part was that all the dolls that I could see were free from their boxes, I so hoped that I would get this chance to actually move ...



It did not take long before I found out the anwer to this question ... It was a very strange feeling when I sat up and realised that my arms and hands could actually move. I was free, I could twist and turn and look anywhere I liked, without any plastic or cardboard obscuring my vision. This was the best moment of my life so far, the thing that I had waited and longed for all those months ago had finally happened, maybe wishes can really come true ?!!



As I was still trying to get used to my new found freedom of movement, I turned to the doll cabinet, where I had only just a while before been looking over too longingly, and waved to them. This was the best day ever!   




No comments:

Post a Comment