Thursday 30 August 2012

Chapter 4 - "Ain't That A Kick In The Head !" - 30th August 2012.

  The exciting discovery that I have FAMILY members here in my new home.  But will they turn out to be QUITE what I'm expecting though ? ...

  You can find the FULL story on my facebook blog here ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.151018188386223.35120.150797015075007&type=3
 
    You can check out the music slideshow to this chapter on Youtube here ... http://youtu.be/H3ZEFjaKSCc

Chapter 4 - " Ain't That A Kick In The Head !".

Having stayed up late last night to watch the Opening Ceremony of the Paralympic Games. I remember feeling extremely tired when it finished and I must have fallen asleep pretty quickly as when I woke up the next morning on this lovely comfy doll sized sofa, I really did not remember how I got there.

As I started to come to I had a little stretch and looked up to see Holly smiling down at me, I instantly felt a bit self concious and sat up. What must she have been thinking ? I must have looked like a lazy layabout, luckily she didn't mention anything so I just smiled back and said "Good Morning".

 
 The next thing I knew I was being given back my original Princess dress, it had finally finished drying from its de-glittering wash and was ready for me to wear again.

As I looked down at it, I could not believe it was the same dress, it looked so much more simple and elegant, and none or that horrid scratchy glitter. You know, I think if I never wear another glitter infested dress in my entire life I wouldn't be at all bothered. Hmmm, do you think my previous experience may have slightly affected my opinion here hehe ?

 
 I could not wait to try the dress on, at first I was worried that it would feel as irritated as before but I was pleasantly suprised to find that it was now comfortable and much softer to the touch, well lets be honest you couldn't really touch the dress before without coming away looking like a home made Christmas decoration.

As I looked at myself in the mirror, I realised that I could not remember at all what the dress really looked like before? When I mentioned this to Holly she replied with

"Well there's always your twin sister, Cin, who has the original dress on still" I must have looked suprised, shocked and amazed all at once as she continued

"She's downstairs on display with some of the other Disney dolls if you want to have a look" with that revelation Holly left the room to get on with a few jobs and left me too it.
 



 I sat back down on the comfy sofa and felt like a bombshell had hit me, I have a twin sister? ... a sister who is exactly like me? ... So I have family? Someone who has had the same kind of experiences as me, someone who will know me and will see the world like I do.

The more I thought the more I became excited at the prospect, whilst I was in the Disney Store in my box I had encountered many of my (also boxed) sister dolls but I had never expected to end up in a home with one of them.


I could not contain my excitement any longer, I rushed down the stairs, which is no easy feat I might add considering each step is almost as big as I am, as fast as my little plasic legs would carry me. I somehow instinctively knew which display cabinet to head for, and just as I had crossed the lounge and entered the kitchen area I saw her, my twin sister. I ran over and started waving and gesturing



"Hellllooo, Cin" I waited a moment for a response, but ther was nothing.

"Cin, its me, I'm Ella .. your sister" still nothing. I started to wonder if she could hear me through all that glass, and then I noticed a glance in my direction.

"Ooooh so you can hear me, thats great, like I was saying I am your twin sister, we are the same doll, we even came from the same Disney store" I rambled on and on about how we may have seen each other before and it was so nice to have a sister in her new home, and then after a while I realised there was still nothing. Cin's face was cold, she raised one eyebrow and gave me a look of total disdain, like I was something that had just been scraped off her shoe. And then as if I wasn't even worth the effort to repond to she turned away and that was it.

 I was so hurt, I could feel the tears welling in my eyes, I turned to walk away as I did not want her to see how much she had upset me. I just could not understand it, I mean, we are supposed to be the same doll? made of the same plastic? how could she be so different to me ?


 
I wandered aimlessly into the dining room, not really sure where I was going or what to do next when I heard a voice.

"You-whooo ... Ella".

I looked around but could not quite figure out where it was coming from? Was I going mad ? Am I hearing voices now ?

"Ella .... Up here".

The voice said again, I looked up and for I moment I thought I had seen an angel, there she was standing on top of the dining room table, another Cinderella doll. She looked like me, but not like me, her dress was much more intricately detailed and she was wearing a lovely gold crown that almost looked like a halo when the light hit it.

When I climbed up to the table I was given a warm and happy greeting, she had a lovely soft re-assuring voice that made me instantly feel at ease.

"I have been meaning to give these to you Ella" she said as she held up two beautifil gowns.

"I am sure you will make much better use of them than I can, seeing as I will be going on display soon" she continued. It was at this moment that I realised that this must be the same doll who gave me my other dress so that I had something to wear while my dress was all wet after my de-glittering bath.

As she handed me the dresses I felt a little warm glow inside and was glad to know that not all the dolls here were as frosty as Cin had been.

"Now you make sure you come and visit me often when I'm on display" started Cinderella, she had a cheerful playful look in her eyes as she continued "I will want to see you in all those dresses to make sure you are looking after them ok"

"Oh I will, of course I will" I replied rather over eagerly. I was kind of sad that the one friend that I had made was soon to be shut away on display.

I then had the overwhelming urge to hug Cinderella, she was the first doll that I had met in my new home that had shown me any kindness so far.

"I will miss you" I blubbed "you are like, the only friend I have made here".

"We're not friends Ella, we're family" she replied with a sympathetic smile. "As your older sister I have to keep an eye out for you"

"Older sister?" I blurted a little confused by what she said.

Cinderella went on to explain how she was an older generation of Disney Store Cinderella doll, a few years older than me and so that makes us sisters and family.

Unfortunatly it was then time for her to be packed away on display, I gave her one last hug as we parted, happy in the knowlege that if nothing else at least I had a big sister to watch over me.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment