Wednesday 29 August 2012

Chapter 3 - "Favourite Things" - 29th August 2012.

My first meal ... What a MESS, whoops !! ...

 You can find the FULL story on my facebook blog here ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.151017671719608.35119.150797015075007&type=3
 You can check out the music slideshow to this chapter on Youtube here ... http://youtu.be/B2541kAYLLU

Chapter 3 - " Favourite Things".

Food is a curious subject for dolls, now unlike Humans we do not need food to survive but we can eat it just the same. Having lived in a box for most of my life I had never had the opprotunity to actually eat before and I have to say that when Holly suggested that it was time for dinner I was all at once excited and slightly worried.

This might sound a little silly but as I had never tasted food before I really did not know what to expect? I was dying to try it as I was craving new experiences, but at the same time what if I didn't like it ? What it I did something wrong and made a fool of myself ?

Whilst these thoughts were going back and forth in my mind like a ping pong ball I had not noticed that dinner was being served already, and before I knew what was going on I had a plate sitting on my lap with my very own slice of Pizza !




I felt a little self concious to start with, but when I finally calmed down a bit and realised that no-one was watching or even minded what I was up to, I admitted to myself that I was just being silly and so picked up the slice and took a big bite.


I didn't realise how hungry I was, but the pizza tasted like heaven. OK, so granted I do not really know what heaven tastes like, and as this was my first food experience and I had nothing else to compare it to, there may actually be much better tasting food out there awaiting me, but this pizza was just yummy.

As you can see I got a little carried away, and wasn't paying enough attention to what I was doing, so ended up managing to get pizza all over my face! This was rather embarassing when I realised, but in the end I did see the funny side of it, and we all had a good laugh about it. After all how tidy an eater were you when you had your very first meal ?



After I had cleaned off my face I looked down at my nearly empty plate and felt rather satisfied. The food had given me a nice warm fullfilling feeling inside and I could still taste the cheese and tomato in my mouth, I kept licking my lips in the hopes of discovering more of the taste again.

I sat there quietly pondering if all eating experiences were this satisfying ? And also, what it must be like as a human who HAS to eat ? is the experience of food all the more fun when I dont have to have it to survive ? Obviously something I will never discover myself, but I was still wondering anyway ...
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment