Sunday 17 May 2015

Ruby's 2nd Birthday - 10th May 2015.


In case you didn't know, a week ago today was my littlest Munchkin's 2nd birthday ! ... Awwww.  Can you believe I've been a mother for TWO whole years already ?! ... Me neither.  But back to the point ...

Seeing as we were on holiday, and away from home at the time, Rocky and I had to plan ahead for this one.  But we made sure Ruby still had a VERY special day all the same, including a few Peter Rabbit presents and a little birthday party as well.

We originally intended to have a nice little family picnic party in the garden of the holiday cottage, however on the day sadly there were rather high winds.  40 miles per hour might not sound like much, but when you consider that us little plastic beings are 1/6th the size of you humans, it was sadly far too blustery for us to venture outside :(.

But my ever imaginative husband came to the rescue and made the best of things none the less, deciding to occupy both the birthday girl, and Emma as well, with a little fort building project ! ... Oooh-errrr, hey.  Daddy saves the day.  Phew !!

Rocky managed to make use of some logs in the fire basket, and I knitted a little flag to help finish off the look as well (Thanks for the knitting lessons there, Rai.  I knew they'd come in handy one day ;) ).  We then added a drawbridge, and a few decorations later ... Tah-dahhh !!

Ok, so it might not be perfect.  However as you can see, the finished thing looks rather fun indeed, and if you use your imagination then it could become the setting for a whole world full of adventures and games, as my husband was all TOO keen to show ... I'm not sure who's the bigger kid sometimes ?  But never mind.  Of course, the girls thought it was PERFECT, and they loved getting to play in their very own fort too.  In fact, Ruby insisted that we had to have our dinner in there later that evening as well ... I think the cheeky monkey would've slept in there if we'd let her too.  Deary me.

I was thrilled that she'd had such a wonderful day though, despite the weather spoiling our initial plans.  However in the end I think this was MUCH better anyway :) .

So I'll just finish off now by wishing a belated Happy 2nd Birthday to my littlest Munckin, Ruby ... Awww, she's almost a big girl now, sniffle.  Happy sigh .... Anyway ....

Happy Birthday Ruby !

Love from,

Mummy, Daddy, and Big Sis Emmy xxx

You can check out my blog about my life as a Disney doll, including many many photos of my adventures, on my facebook page here ... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ella-The-World-According-to-a-Disney-Doll/150797015075007

No comments:

Post a Comment