Thursday 2 June 2016

** Our Family Vacation In The Lake District – May 2016 **

Lakes2016_6b

Day 6 – “Toot-toot !!” – All aboard the Dolly-Express ! … Chuff-chuff, clackedy-clack.
We’d been blessed with fabulous weather for most of our holiday. However it seems that almost from the very start of this last day of our getaway, the heavens had opened up. Meaning it poured and poured with rain ALL day long … Ohhhh, what a shame, hey :/.
Thankfully however, it seems that Rocky had already seen the weather forecast, and as such he’d planned a suitable family outing taking these damp conditions into account. I should’ve guessed by the sneaky smirk his face was sporting that some kind of wheeled vehicle would be involved. But as it happens, it wasn’t until we pulled up at the station and I spied a sign stating ‘Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway’ that it finally dawned we were going for a train ride … Ohhhh, right. Urrrgggh, I should’ve known !
Seeing as it was still chucking it down though, its not like I could think of a better alternative. Besides, the girls seemed rather keen as it happens. Most especially when Daddy bought them a toy train each to play with. Mind you, I think Rocky spent more time driving the little Thomas engines around during the journey … Bless him. Sometimes I wonder if I have 3 children rather than 2 ?
But anyway …
It was nice to get out of the wind and rain, and I did enjoy watching the scenery pass us by, whilst looking out the carriage window on our journey. I think Ruby, Emma, and their father chanted “Chuff-chuff, clackedy-clack” on a continuous loop the entire time though … Mmmmm, great ! Somehow it reminded me of the ‘Chitty-chitty Bang-bang’ song.
But that all stopped the moment the train finally reached its destination at Haverthwaite. After all, there was much more to see and explore now. So the 4 of us got out to stretch out legs and have a little nosey around the stations engine sheds, whilst our train refilled with water and turned around in readiness for the return trip. It was sadly far too wet to get any piccys outside though. To be honest, we just ran straight for cover, but we did get this little group snapshot in the engine shed where it was nice and dry none the less.
You probably cant tell, but the big red engine behind us is not actually a real train at all. It’s made from wood !! … How impressive, hey. The girls thought it was fab indeed, but I must admit, I’m now a tad concerned that Rocky might get ideas about fashioning a train of his own at home … Gulp !!
But that’s a worry for another day. So where was I ? … Oh yes …
Before we knew it, the train was ready to depart again. So we dashed back over to the trackside and boarded just in time … Phew ! Would you believe we even managed to get a seat in the observation deck, right at the back where we had a FAB view of the scenery and the track disappearing into the distance behind us … How cool, hey.
We’d had a lovely day, but when we returned to the holiday cottage and warmed up with hot cocoa by the fire, we were all VERY aware of the fact that our lovely family vacation was now drawing to a close … Awwwww, how sad.
There’s still one more holiday photo left though. But I’ll save THAT until another day ðŸ˜‰ …
P.S. Rocky couldn’t understand why I insisted on taking a photo of him with this sign …. Then he read it ! Hehehehe :p ðŸ˜‰ …
Lakes2016_7b
You can check out my blog about my life as a Disney doll, including many many photos of my adventures, on my facebook page here … https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ella-The-World-According-to-a-Disney-Doll/150797015075007

No comments:

Post a Comment