Wednesday 1 June 2016

** Our Family Vacation In The Lake District – May 2016 **

Lakes2016_5b
Day 5 – An Adventure Into The Mountainous Countryside – And what do we find ? A Wrynose (Rhinos) Bottom Apparently … Ooooh-errrr !
You’d think that by the 5th day of this fun family holiday of ours we’d be running out of steam and longing for a bit of R&R, considering our many exploits and excursions to date, wouldn’t you ? … No such luck as it happens.
Despite the fact that our week away was gradually drawing to a close, it seems that Rocky and the girls were still full of beans and more than a touch eager to indulge in some more exploration of this beautiful picturesque landscape … Who could blame ’em though, hey ? Most especially when confronted with a breathtaking landscape such as this stunning vista around the bottom of the Wrynose Mountain Pass !
The girls certainly had a good giggle about the fact that this lower level of the pass is honest-to-god called, Wrynose Bottom (Pronounced Rhinos Bottom) … But I must admit, even I had a slight snigger about that one an’all.
Thankfully we had a chance to rest our weary legs during this adventure however, because we opted to drive about for most of this particular day. Phew !! … After all, how else would we’ve managed to reach the Wrynose Bottom here (Snigger-snigger, but I’m NOT laughing at the name again … Honest).
Ahem yes well … Anyway …
As luck would have it, there was a handy little spot to park the car near the bottom itself too. Mind you, it was rather windy there (No, I’m NOT gonna laugh again). So where was I ? … Oh yes. We all got out for a bit of ramble, a quick look around, and a family piccy amidst this awesome panorama. How could we not though ? …. Wowy, hey !!
Before we knew it the time had gotten away from us though, so we had to jump back in the car and head back to the holiday cottage once more.
There was now only ONE full day left of our vacation … Awwww. But that was still one WHOLE day of fun to be had none the less. Apparently my sneaky husband already had something specific in mind as well … Deary me, I dreaded to THINK what he had cooking in that scheming head of his ?! Honestly !!
However that story and THOSE particular piccys will follow another time …
P.S. Check out my ADORABLE Peter Rabbit jumper which my good friend, Rai, made especially for this holiday. Isn’t it just the cutest ?!!
You can check out my blog about my life as a Disney doll, including many many photos of my adventures, on my facebook page here … https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ella-The-World-According-to-a-Disney-Doll/150797015075007

No comments:

Post a Comment