Wednesday 25 May 2016

** Our Family Vacation In The Lake District – May 2016 **

Lakes2016_3b
Day 3 – Oh, I do Like To Be Beside The Seaside !
After the previous day’s mountainous ascent, I SO hoped that Rocky and the girls would be keen to enjoy something rather more tame for the 3rd day of our family holiday … Fingers Crossed !
Ironically I DID end up slightly twisting my ankle as a result of climbing in these daft impractical platform shoes of mine though, and as such I was in need of a bit of a sit down and rest. My thoughtful fella therefore assured me he had everything in hand for our next excursion … Mind you, I must admit that his sneaky smirk didn’t fill me with much confidence to begin with.
But I should’ve had more faith, because the fact that the sun was still shining meant that my astute husband opted to suggest spending a well earned leisurely day at the beach … Yippee !! Phew, thank heavens for that !
Not that I was happy about it or anything … Ahem, course not.
But moving swiftly along again …
Now, the one slight problem with this genius plan however, was the fact that the Lake District is not a coastal area of the country. So in able to achieve our aim we had to travel a little outside of the national park itself in search of the seaside.
Thankfully it didn’t take long to find in the end either, because we discovered this long, sandy, and VERY empty beach on a coastal road in the middle of nowhere between the villages of Aldingham and Roosebeck, which was not far from the seaport town of Barrow-in-Furness … It seemed PERFECT !
So we broke-out the sun-lounger and parasol straight away, setting up in camp in preparation for a day filled with sun, sand, sea, and the obligatory silliness and seaside shenanigans from the girls and their father.
Would you believe that my little Ruby was actually the well behaved one throughout the day though ? The little cherub was apparently far too busy quietly collecting up shells to make her own little castle-mound type fort creation thingy-wotsit, to even notice Daddy and Big Sister’s dopey singing and dancing antics for most of the day as it happens … Awwwww, bless, hey.
But I was treated to MANY a pitchy rendition of “Oh I Do Like To Be Beside the Seaside” from Rocky and Emma regardless … Hmmmm, yes well. Anyway …
I was just pleased to have the opportunity to sit back and sunbath in relative peace to be honest with you though … When my handsome husband and darling daughter WEREN’T making me giggle with their tomfoolery that is. Deary me !
In the end, I was laughing so much I HAD to join in to though. So lets all just sing along one last time, shall we …
♪♪♪ “Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside,
I do like to be beside the sea !
I do like to stroll along the Prom, Prom, Prom !
Where the brass bands play:
‘Tiddely-om-pom-pom’ !” ♪♪♪.

Now THIS is what a family vacation is all about … Mmmmmmm, happy sigh. And I couldn’t help wondering what other adventures the rest of our holiday would bring either ?
The answer to that will present itself when I upload the next of our holiday piccys another day though … So ‘Toodle-oo’ for the time being.
You can check out my blog about my life as a Disney doll, including many many photos of my adventures, on my facebook page here … https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ella-The-World-According-to-a-Disney-Doll/150797015075007

No comments:

Post a Comment