Thursday 27 October 2016

** All aboard !! – As we take a bonnie train ride through the Scottish Highlands ! **

scotland_2016_9
The “McRocky” Family’s Scottish Highland Holiday 2016.
Considering the fact that my handsome hubby is a HUGE train lover, I guess it will come as NO shock to you all that Rocky suggested an outing on yet another steam train during this vacation of ours … Groan !! Not again ?!
But anyway …
The Strathspey Railway was the first line to come to the heart of the Scottish Highlands, back in the mid 1800s, and they’re still running steam trains through the stunning surroundings of the Cairngorms National Park even today ! … So how could my dearly beloved possibly pass up an opportunity like that ?
He couldn’t of course … So bright and early one morning we set off from our Loch Ness base-camp, heading out towards the picturesque mountainous surroundings of Aviemore.
I’m not sure how it happened, but somehow through the course of our journey, time had gotten away from us. In fact, when we arrived at the station we literally only had a few MINUTES before the train was departing … QUICK !!
It was all a bit of a blurry rush, what with getting tickets sorted, trying to board the train and whatnot. But we were still somewhat taken aback none the less, when we climbed into the last carriage in haste, only to discover that it was completely empty … Ooooh-errrr, hey !!
So in essence, we had a carriage all to ourselves, AND the pick of any seat we wanted during the 90 minute round trip. Which stopped at the stations of ‘Boat of Garten’ (Seen here), and ‘Broomhill’, before returning back to our starting point at ‘Aviemore’.
It was lovely watching the scenery pass us by, in a bit of a blur, as the engine chuffed up and down the line, hauling its many carriages. But from my own point of view, my favourite moment of the day was seeing the smiles this outing had brought to the faces of my husband and daughters … Awwww.
That alone made the whole thing worthwhile … But I still couldn’t help but HOPE that perhaps we might manage at least ONE thing that was a wee bit girlier, and more MY style, before the holiday was through.
Did I manage that though ? … Sorry, but you’ll have to wait until another day to find out the answer to that one, wont you …
Until my next holiday update then, my lovelies.
Love from,
Ella x
You can check out my blog about my life as a Disney doll, including many many photos of my adventures, on my facebook page here … https://www.facebook.com/EllaDisneyDoll/

No comments:

Post a Comment