Wednesday 19 October 2016

** A Wee Drap o’ Whisky ! – Or should that be 2 or 3 ?! **

scotland_2016_4
The “McRocky” Family’s Scottish Highland Holiday 2016.
It seems that my keen, whisky drinking, husband was preparing for somewhat of a knees up and hootenanny, with his particular choice of holiday souvenir, hey. But then, as the cheeky chappy himself pointed out … How can you possibly visit the Scottish Highlands without enjoying a wee nip or two (or perhaps three in this case … Ahem !!) !
Well … It’s not like I could argue with logic like THAT, is it.
Even MORE surprising however, is that THIS isn’t all of it either !! … There’s still a whole big barrel of single malt scotch as well, which Rocky is planning to take home as a holiday souvenir for all our dolly pals to enjoy … That’s if it lasts that long, hey.
Hmmmm ?? … But anyway …
If you cant beat ’em, then I guess it’s time to just raise a glass and join ’em.
And whilst I do just that, I’m somewhat reminded of a traditional Scottish song, titled ‘Wee Drap o’ Whisky’, which I’ll relay to you now …
♪♪♪ “A wee drap o’ whisky I tak’ when I’m weary, 
My blood for to warm and my spirits to cheer, 
And when I sit doon I intend to be merry,
So fill up a bumper and bring it round here.
I can scarce get a hauf oor when I am weary, 
To tell you the truth I am wrocht very sore, 
My ploo and my lassie are a’ my whole pleasure, 
We’ll baith tak’ a kiss an’ hae a drap mair.
Contented I sit and contented I labour, 
Contented I drink and contented I sing, 
I never dispute nor fa’ oot wi’ my neebors, 
For that is a mean and contentious thing.
Oh few, very few ever hear me compleenin’, 
Though oftimes the load of oppression I bear, 
Oh fat is the use o’ a man aye compleenin,’ 
For aye fan he tastes, he maun hae a drap mair.
Come noble waiter, bring in a large measure, 
I mean hauf a mutchkin, the best o’ the toon, 
An’ when it is drunken, it’s time to be joggin, 
Wi’ the lightest o’ care we’ll gang toddlin’ hame.
So good night to you all, I think it’s nae treason, 
Altho’ that the whisky speaks saft in my ear, 
Good night and safe home, till further occasion,
We’ll a’ meet in friendship and hae a drap mair.” ♪♪♪.
Until my next holiday update then, my lovelies. In the meantime though, drink up and be merry, or as they say up here in the Highlands … Slàinte!
Love from,
Ella x
You can check out my blog about my life as a Disney doll, including many many photos of my adventures, on my facebook page here … https://www.facebook.com/EllaDisneyDoll/

No comments:

Post a Comment