Tuesday 25 October 2016

** The car’s fixed, so it’s time for a wee exploration – But maybe NOT in that boat, sheesh !! **

scotland_2016_7
The “McRocky” Family’s Scottish Highland Holiday 2016.
After the minor ‘incident’ on our travelling up day, in which our poor Jeep (Big Red) lost a wheel (Whoops, ahem !!), Rocky didn’t even look into fixing the poor thing until a few days later … I suspect he was still trying to calm down from the whole embarrassing episode though.
Thankfully when he did finally decide to have a proper gander at the damage however, it wasn’t half as bad as we’d initially feared. In truth, the wheel had only just popped off, and there was NO other damage beyond that … Phew, what a relief !! So, with a quick whack of the hammer, the wheel was back on again. Meaning we were now free to explore the area on our own at last … Yippee !!
Not that I was happy about it or anything … Ahem !! But moving along now …
The sun was shining, it was a lovely day, so we decided to go for a drive and tour around the tiny hamlet of Lochend, where we were staying.
Lochend is a small settlement that lies at the start of the Caledonian Canal, at the head of Loch Ness, only a few miles south of Inverness in the Scottish Highlands. It’s a lovely quiet tranquil place to stay, and of course the highlight being the CLOSE proximity to Loch Ness itself.
Lochend has a lovely little gravelly shoreline, and a small lighthouse as well, marking the end of this world famous loch. It’s almost like a little beach to tell the truth, but even so, we were still somewhat surprised to discover the wreckage of a BOAT hidden in the bushed during the course of our explorations … Ooooh-errrr, hey !
There was admittedly a little teasing about our discovery from my handsome hubby, who almost made my little plastic heart STOP when he suggested that we should take the shabby sailboat out on the loch for a cruise …My jaw virtually hit the floor after that one, I tell ya !!
No-way, no, and NEVER … In that order !!
Thankfully after seeing my petrified reaction, Rocky finally conceded that he was kidding after all … Phew !! Thank heavens for that. When you see the close-up piccy of the boat you’ll understand why, trust me.
But anyway … It was nice getting out and about on our own again, and I couldn’t help but wonder what other interesting discoveries this lovely Highland adventure of ours might have in store ?
There’ll be more on all that another time though.
Until then my lovelies,
Love from,
Ella x
********************************
P.S. Here’s the piccy of when we had a close up inspection of that questionable ‘BOAT’ which my daft fella wanted to try and sail on the loch.
Yep, that’s right, it had NO bottom to it !! Could get kinda dampish on the water as a result methinks … Deary me, what is he like, hey. But anyway …
scotland_2016_7b
You can check out my blog about my life as a Disney doll, including many many photos of my adventures, on my facebook page here … https://www.facebook.com/EllaDisneyDoll/

No comments:

Post a Comment