Wednesday 12 October 2016

**Let’s begin with a wee bit of Nessie spotting !!**.

scotland_2016_2
The “McRocky” Family’s Scottish Highland Holiday 2016.
Following a good nights sleep, for the most part, we had recovered fairly well from the exhausting, and somewhat embarrassing, events of the previous day. Meaning, when we awoke for our first full day here in the Highlands of Scotland, we’d put our little travel-day mishap to rest for the time being, and were now ready to properly start enjoying our Scottish vacation at last … Thank heavens !!
I was SO excited upon drawing the curtains, because THERE it was … Loch Ness in all its glory, filling our field of vision. The sun was shining, and there was a strange feeling in the air, almost as though these mysterious waters were calling to us … So how could we possibly refuse such an open and enticing invitation, I ask you ?
The answer of course is … We didn’t !! …
Therefore, in no time at all we were up, dressed in our tartan best … And ‘yes’ in case you were wondering, I DID make Rocky’s trews, and my own skirt. With the assistance of my sister in the end of course (due to a somewhat disconcerting oversight during my first attempt, which left my poor fella’s britches not only an inch too short in the legs, but also an inch too long in the crotch too. Whoops !! But thankfully Iris helped me amend the problem and saved my efforts after all. Phew !!). Ahem, but that’s another story. So anyway, where was I ? Oh yes that’s it …. It didn’t take long before we were ready to go and on our way down to the loch once more … Granted we had to walk this time, seeing as Rocky hadn’t yet found a suitable opportunity to look at our poor old ‘Big Red’ Jeep. But none of us were the least bit bothered about enjoying a pleasant stroll on such a lovely autumn morning.
The wind was somewhat brisk as we made our way down to the waters edge, and for a moment or two I did wonder if we’d dressed warm enough as well … It seems the girls had NO such concerns though, because as soon as the water was in sight the wee bairns faces lit up with anticipation, as our search began for the famous Loch Ness Monster !
We scoured the water, and wandered along the shoreline for many a happy hour in pursuit of this seemingly impossible quest. There were MANY incidences of Ruby and Emma pointing and shouting out “Look Mummy/Daddy, its Nessie !”, but in the end most discoveries turned out to be buoys, boats, or even the odd branch poking out of the water … Bless ’em !
Despite the fact that we never actually spotted the famous local inhabitant, it seems the pursuit itself was an adventure just as fun for Rocky and the girls. So even in failure, and the face of the inevitable questioning about the truth of the legends, we all went home wearing smiles regardless. Most especially when my clever fella reminded the little-lassies that we can always try again another day … That cheered the wee bairns up no end an’all !
For myself however, I must admit that I didn’t view the day as such a disappointment or let-down at all, as it happens. There IS something undeniably magical about these waters, you see. And standing here watching the sun glisten on those blackened rippling waves, as they lapped against the shore before us, was something almost otherworldly in it’s serene majesty. In all honesty, it was an experience of reflection and deep contemplation, which left me feeling calm, peaceful, and completely at one with these mystical surroundings as a result.
So monster or no monster, to my mind there’s most definitely something far more mystifying hidden beneath the surface … But for now, it appears that the secrets of Loch Ness will remain shrouded in wonderment by the peaty black ripples of these strange and ancient waters.
As for the rest of our Highland holiday adventures though …They will continue another day.
Until then my lovelies,
Love from,
Ella x
You can check out my blog about my life as a Disney doll, including many many photos of my adventures, on my facebook page here … https://www.facebook.com/EllaDisneyDoll/

No comments:

Post a Comment