Monday 8 October 2012

Chapter 27 - "Runaway - Part 1" - 8th October 2012.

Rocky has an intriguing suggestion to help us recover from the stress of recent events, and you'll never GUESS where its takes us as a result ?! ...

You can find the FULL story on my facebook blog here ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.152224388265603.35429.150797015075007&type=3
You can check out the music slideshow to this chapter on Youtube here ... http://youtu.be/H3N-XWG8dTk

Chapter 27 - "Runaway - Part 1".


I’m so sorry that I haven’t updated my blog recently, things just sort of happened that I wasn’t really expecting, and everything almost took on a life of its own. But I guess I had better start at the beginning so that I can explain everything properly …

It wasn’t long after Rocky and I had made up from the rather unfortunate misunderstanding about Crystal, when he asked me to meet him up in the wardrobe, he was very excited, but looked a little shifty and suspicious when I arrived for our arranged rendezvous. He kept looking around, almost as if he was checking to see if anyone was watching. I have to say that his curious behaviour was starting to get me wondering, what was he up to ? But I’m sure everything would become clear in time … wouldn’t it ?

As I entered the wardrobe he smiled and instantly took my hand, dashing across to the other side of the room. This was all so very odd, but in a way a little exhilarating that I didn’t have a clue what was coming next.

Then Rocky stopped in his tracks, held me close in his arms and kissed me, I had probably better warn you at this point, there has been a LOT of kissing going on between us since we had properly declared our love for one another, so I did start to wonder if that was the reason he had wanted to meet up here in secret ? Not that I minded or anything, far from it, it just appeared like a lot of intrigue etc for just a little make out session.
Almost as quick as the kissing had begun though, it was over … how odd ? … normally Rocky was not so hasty to finish our lip entanglements, so I definitely realised there was something else going on here … what is he up to ?


He held my hand gently, gazing deep into my eyes, full of love and sincerity and suddenly asked “How would you like to run away with me ?” …. Eh ? … you what ??

Things weren’t making much more sense, but as I looked at him, so bubbling with mischievousness, I realised that this must be another of his funny little games. Like with the ‘yellow spots’ when he hit his head after I accidently fell on him, or something like that perhaps ? Seeing as how well those funny little games had panned out before, I saw no harm in playing along this time, so playfully replied “OK, I would gladly follow you to the ends of the earth”.

I couldn’t help but wonder where all this make believe was heading ? But I guess Rocky must know what he was up to, I was just along for the ride. I was getting more and more confused though when he subsequently hopped into the suitcase in front of us, and lifted me up to sit of the edge of the case. It was only then that it dawned on me …. Perhaps he had not been joking ? … perhaps he was serious when he had asked me to run away with him ? … but … but surely not ?
He looked so genuine and sincere, I was starting to worry if I had in fact misinterpreted his behaviour, so blurted out rather shocked “You’re not … really serious are you ?”.

Rocky looked ever so slightly disappointed at my question, I felt a little guilty that I had not taken him seriously in the first place. But that only flashed in his eyes for the briefest of moments before his smiley happy demeanour returned.

“Of course I am serious” he replied grinning from ear to ear “I want to take you away somewhere, just the two of us … alone for a few days … you know, like a romantic getaway”.

Oh my word, so he was being truthful !! And yet somehow I still didn’t quite believe it was all real “Bu … but … how ? When ? Where ? …. What ? … I’m sorry this is all a bit sudden, I’m a bit confused?” I replied a little bewildered by the whole thing.

Rocky smiled at me and chuckled a little to himself, I think he realised that maybe he should have been a bit clearer in his intentions from the start, so finally spelled everything out for me in plain English.

“Ella my Darling” he said so very sweetly “would you like to accompany me on a little romantic mini-break over the next few days ?… We can travel in Holly’s luggage here, I’m sure she wont notice or mind, hopefully ! … We can leave all the cares, worries, hassles, and other dolls … including Prince’s … behind us” I could not help but laugh when he said ‘Prince’s’, as I knew that Rocky was still not too pleased about Anthony’s interference when we had been fighting, and when I think about it I guess things may have been explained much sooner had Prince Prettyboy not been there to stick his nose in at the time, but that’s all in the past now so I guess its better not to dwell.

Rocky then came over ever so serious as he continued “Look, I just really want to spend some real time alone … just you, and me … after all the recent dramas, I think we could use a break ! …. So, what do you think ?”.

Well, you couldn’t really get much plainer and to the point than that could you ? It sounded like a wonderful idea, and I must admit that the recent strains had left me feeling a little frazzled round the edges, so maybe some time away is just what we needed to get things back on track again.

I decided to be just as direct and to the point as Rocky and been in my response, and so I leaned across and whispered “Yes” quietly, before planting a rather passionate kiss right on his soft and loving lips. I had already warned you about the amount of kissing going on, so I guess in a way, this was no surprise to any of you.

It was whilst our lips were still caught in each others embrace that Rocky held on to me tightly and lifted me inside the suitcase with him. It was such a romantic moment, my heart was all a flutter.

As we were taking one last look outside before getting settled inside the case I suddenly realised something “So where are we going ?” I asked excitedly.

Rocky smiled at me and simply replied “Disneyland Paris!”.

The journey was rather long inside a cramped, dark suitcase, but we slept for most of the time, and when we weren’t snoozing Rocky told me funny little stories and jokes to try and keep my mind off things. I should probably say here that I am a bit afraid of the dark, so it was quite scary being inside the luggage in the pitch black for so long, but as Rocky already knew about me fear he had ensured we were packed in the case with a torch, so that we could have a little light every now and again if things got too much for me … awww he’s such a sweety !


Anyway, after what seemed like a lifetime we finally arrived at the hotel and were taken straight up to the room. Holly did not hang around long as she was keen to get outside and experience the magic of the parks, so when everything was quiet Rocky and I realised that it was probably now safe to emerge from the suitcase. We both felt a little stiff and our joints made some rather funny plasicy squeaking noises as we stood up, but it was nothing too bad and did give us a bit of a giggle, Rocky made some rather amusing comments about getting too old for all this.

We climbed up onto the HUGE bed and sat on the pillows by the headboard, I really could not believe that we were here, I had never been anywhere outside my box except inside Holly’s house. Everything looked so different and strange, but in a good way of course, and there were touches of Disney in everything, Fairies on the bed quilt, a fairytale castle on the headboard, and even Disney scenes in the border round the top of the room by the ceiling. The thing that struck me the most though was how quiet it was, we were alone, totally alone, no other dolls or stuffed animals watching us, there was no noise of other conversations in the distance around us, it was ….. quiet !!

As I turned to look at Rocky I noticed that all this time whilst I had been looking around the room so enthralled, he had been staring straight at me, he appeared to love watching my reaction to everything. I softly held his hand and said “Thank you, this is wonderful”.

He was studying my face in so much detail as he smiled and replied “Sweetheart, I would do anything to make you happy” his eyes then twinkled a little sneakily as he added “but don’t forget we have only just arrived, I’m sure things can get much more wonderful than this …”.

And with that he jumped up and gestured for me to follow him so that we could have a proper look around at what would be our home for the next couple of days.

Deciding that we could not resist finding out what view was awaiting us just outside, we climbed up onto the window sill and was rather surprised by the sight before us. We were quite high up, on the 4th floor it seemed, and also had a little balcony outside the room, but beyond that the hotel was pink, it was VERY pink, and not only that the hotel was also the entrance to the Disneyland park !! … meaning we were right up as close to the Disney magic as we could get, WOW !
I couldn’t see many people about outside, but then noticed all the spots of rain clinging to the window pain and how wet everything looked out there, it was raining … oh what a shame, I had hoped to at least have a look out at the view from the balcony, but even a little rain is huge to a 12” doll, so I resigned myself to the fact that for the moment this is as much as I would get to see … although saying that, its not exactly a bad view is it ?!

As I turned to Rocky, I instantly saw he was watching me again “Is everything ok?” he asked tentatively “you look a little sad?”.

I didn’t want him thinking that I did not appreciate all the effort he had gone to, to bring me here, but at the same time did not feel right about the idea of lying to him, so thought it best just to let him know what was on my mind.

“I’m not sad” I replied a little hesitantly and unsure “It’s just, all this effort you have gone to, and it’s raining … I’m so sorry it’s not dry enough to go outside”.

He chuckled a little saying “My Darling, as much as I’m sure Disneyland is an amazing place, I brought you here so I could spend time with YOU … I don’t care what we are doing, all that matters is that we are together … that’s what will make me happy!”.

Once again Rocky was correct, in truth, even if we spent our entire getaway in this room in the peace and quiet, that would still be more alone, and together time than we had ever spent with one another in one stretch before. So I was determined to make the most out of whatever we could make of our mini vacation, as after all, I had everything I needed standing right in front of me now.

“You’re right, I’m sorry, I was just being silly” I declared lovingly as Rocky held me close in his arms. As we stood there I did start to wonder though … I mean, we had never spent so much time constantly in one another’s company before, what if we ran out of things to talk about ? What if we started to annoy one another ? What if he realised exactly what an idiot I am ? Although I am pretty sure by now he has a good idea of that anyway …. Oh what am I thinking ?! This is silly, its not like its our first date or anything like that, I know things will be just fine … yes I’m sure they will be … wont they ?

I couldn’t really take all this confusion inside my head, so just came out and asked him directly “So what are we going to do until the rain stops then ?”.

Rocky burst out laughing at my question, it was almost as though he had known all the silly questioning that had been going on within me. He had a sneaky looking grin appear on his face as he replied “Well I can certainly think of one thing to help pass the time …”.

Well he is a guy after all, so I guess its not THAT surprising that me had more kissing on his mind, is it !
As the rain pitter pattered on the window behind us I didn’t notice a thing, I was lost in the magical intimacy of the guy I love, I didn’t care if we were in Disneyland, a jungle, or the moon in fact. All that mattered was that we were together, the fighting and upset was now well behind us, and I finally felt as though we were starting to head towards our future, and from where I was standing things were looking pretty darn rosy too !!
It was part way through the afternoon when Holly returned to the room to drop off some shopping, she unpacked her goodies rather hastily before heading back out to the park. Luckily as we were standing in the window at the time, I don’t think she really noticed Rocky and I, as we hid behind the curtain when she had entered.

After she had gone, we peered around to check that the coast was clear, but it was only after we had left the window sill and climbed up onto the sofa that we realised what Holly had purchased … dolls ! … Disney Princess dolls !!

I should have known really, I mean, after all Holly is a doll collector so its stands to reason that she would buy dolls here. But the irony was not lost on Rocky and I, we had come away for a bit of alone time together, to get away from the constant gaze of all the other dolls in the house, only to be met with more dolls to watch over us here.

The new additions seemed quite friendly, although with how they were all sealed up in their plastic boxes it would be almost impossible to have had a conversation with any of them, so we just sort of smiled and gave them a happy wave to welcome them. I mean it’s not like it their fault that they interrupted what was supposed to be an ever so romantic vacation.

As I was checking out each one of the Princesses, I noticed there was a Cinderella doll, although seeing as we were in France she should be called Cendrillon … well that’s what it said on her box anyway. She looked so elegant and refined, and reminded me an awful lot of my big sister Cinderella … however she could turn out to be just a stuck up as my twin. I guess she must be family, but more of a cousin than sister, or maybe even a half sister … the dynamics of doll family tree’s can be rather complicated at times, but it is clear she was some kind of relative.
For some strange reason though I suddenly had a wave of panic come over me and so I had to turn away from the dolls. Rocky knows me so well by now that he instantly asked what was bothering me ? I didn’t really want to admit it out loud, but I knew that he would be able to tell if I was lying so didn’t really have a choice.


“I just had a strange thought, that’s all” I replied rather meekly “what if Holly decided to replace me, with one of these doll ? … I mean, we know how much she loves Disneyland, what if she thinks Cendrillon is more special than me ? … what if she decided to get rid of me? I would never see YOU, or any of our friends again … oh god !!” Yes I know that this was a rather ridiculous thing to be thinking, let alone start overreacting about it, but at the time it all felt very real and I was genuinely concerned.

Rocky tried not to laugh at my emotional rambling, but I could see just a tiny smirk on his face as he said ever so compassionately “Sweetheart, I don’t think there is any chance that Holly will ever replace you, she picked you specially, even from the choice of all those new version Cinderella dolls that were in the store at the time, she wanted you, remember ? … and even though she might be a little misguided in buying a Prince Charming doll for you, thinking that was a good thing, she seems to genuinely care about you” he then had a VERY serious but also playful look come over him as he continued to say “and even if the worse came to the worst, I would never let Holly get rid of you, I would follow you anywhere, even if it was out with the rubbish, or in a charity bag … you’ll not get rid of me that easily you know !”.

He always made me smile even when I was feeling sad, or silly, or overly dramatic. His sense of humour made all the difference when I needed to be cheered up, I had never met another guy, or doll for that matter, who could comfort me, improve my mood, and all without making me feel daft. I don’t know how he manages it but I honestly don’t think I could survive without Rocky in my life now … I also don’t really know anyone else who would put up with me … well apart from Jem, but she’s not a guy, so things with her are different.

Yep, you guessed it, our little chat was followed by more kissing … I know, I know, even you are starting to think get a room now aren’t you ?! … well we did have a room, all to ourselves, apart from the 8 other dolls sitting there watching us.
It was only later when Rocky was busy elsewhere in the room, and I was having a wander about, that my fears started to remerge. I noticed over the far side on the other nightstand, there were 3 more dolls … duplicates of 3 of the ones on the sofa! This could only mean one thing, Holly hardly ever bought 2 of the same doll, the only reason was like with me …. Play dolls!! … Oh no, I suddenly felt like Woody in the first Toy Story movie when Buzz Lightyear arrived … am I being replaced ?!?!

Click here for part 2 of this chapter ... http://ella-the-world-of-a-disney-doll.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/chapter-28-runaway-part-2-9th-october.html

No comments:

Post a Comment