Wednesday 10 October 2012

Chapter 29 - "Wrong Impression" - 10th October 2012.

I help our new additions settle in and get ready for meeting the rest of the gang, they're all keen to make a good first impression naturally. Ironically though, someone else is under a rather strange impression about the cuttent state of mine and Rocky's relationship. But can I actually tell him the truth ? And how will I react to an incredibly unwanted and unexpected proposition from him too ... Oooh-errr !! ...

You can find the FULL story on my facebook blog here ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.152228044931904.35431.150797015075007&type=3
You can check out the music slideshow to this chapter on Youtube here ... http://youtu.be/ImuzeHvNKnM

Chapter 29 - "Wrong Impression".

Upon our return from home Disneyland Paris, Rocky made himself scarce pretty quickly. I think he knew that I was going to be rather busy helping to settle in the new dolls, and as girly chat and dresses etc aren’t really his kind of thing, he just let us get on with it. I am not entirely sure where he went, but most likely to fiddle with the cars or something else useful.

It was a rather strange sensation, I felt almost like a mother or big sister to the girls, which was most funny seeing as I didn’t really feel as though I had enough life experiences to be of that much use to them. Really Jem would have been much better suited to this task, but she wasn’t here at the moment, so it was down to me to try and get them all organised and ready to meet the rest of the doll family.

I started off by finding out a dress for Serena to wear, I remembered how much difference it had made to me when I was given a new dress when I had first arrived, so thought it was very important to pass along the torch, as it were, and do my bit to help her to feel more comfortable in her new home. I went through my entire wardrobe trying to find the perfect gown for her, the pink ones would have clashed with her hair, the spotty summer dress would never have been practical for this time of year, my day dresses were just far to plain and my red dress would have made the poor doll look like she was on fire when teamed with her scarlet hair. There was only one left that I thought could work, and that was the new blue Cinderella gown from the mattel fashion pack. I had only briefly tried it on when I first got it, and hadn’t had a chance to wear it yet, so it was brand new, and somehow I thought the colour would compliment Serena’s pretty blue eyes.

She seemed rather pleased when I handed the dress to her, as she declared “Oooh shall I try it on then ?”.

“Oh yes, please do” I replied rather eagerly “you had better see if it fits ok, and that you like it ?” although in truth if she didn’t like it I wasn’t at all sure what else I would be able to find that would be suitable for her ?
Whilst Serena and I were busy sorting a dress, Blanche was helping Rai with her hair, she was hoping to have a bit more of a fancy style, something that was a little less Rapunzely. Yeah I know you must be thinking, eh ? what ? but she is a Rapunzel doll ? and that’s true, but that doesn’t make her Rapunzel, any more than being a Cinderella doll makes me Cinderella. Sometimes it can be rather hard living up to the expectations that people have of us Disney character dolls, some of us just want to get out there are break the mould and carve our own paths in life, that’s unique to who we are as individuals.

Anyway, I did smile a little at the sight in front of me, somehow it reminded me of the Tangled movie when Mother Gothel is brushing Rapunzels hair to make herself young again. Although in no way is Blanche anything like Mother Gothel, she was far too sweet and helpful, she never seemed to say ‘no’ to anything asked of her, and would literally bend over backwards to help anyone out, she really was a very kind hearted soul.
When I turned back to see how Serena was getting on with the dress, I was ever startled to see she was standing there buck naked!! … oh my !! There was no false modesty or inhibitions with Serena, she looked totally comfortable whilst standing there in the nude, as she held up the new dress having a proper look at it. Perhaps it’s just me, but I could never go around so freely without any clothes on, I think I would have died of embarrassment had anyone ever seen me so bare like that, I mean we all know how I reacted when Rocky saw me in just my nightdress, don’t we! So this was really very shocking to my innocent little eyes.
I instantly averted my gaze back towards Blanche and Rai, hoping that perhaps watching them continue for a while would help to wipe the images of Serena from my mind. I don’t know why it bothered me so much, I mean, in truth we all had exactly the same body moulds so its not like it would be anything different to my own body, but somehow it still didn’t sit quite right with me … I did start to wonder though if perhaps Serena would have liked that super short skirt outfit that I had ruled out when trying on clothes for my first date with Rocky ? … seeing as how open and out there she was with her body, perhaps that would have been right up her street ? Oh well at least it was another option in case she didn’t like the blue dress she was trying on at the moment.

By now Blanche was making some excellent progress with Rai’s hair, I wasn’t exactly sure what she was creating but was so impressed by the way in which she weaved her magic on Rai’s lovely long golden locks. It was all the more impressive considering that Blanche had an older version body mould so was not aided by having the use of movable elbows and wrists, like myself and the other girls had.
As I gingerly peered back towards Serena, I hoped beyond hopes that she would now be fully clothed so that I wouldn’t end up getting all embarrassed again …. Phew, thanks god she was now wearing the blue dress !!

“Oooh that’s looks lovely” I declared rather relieved.

Serena smiled at the compliment replying “Yeah, I think this is much more me isn’t it!”.
Even without that gorgeous wedding dress, she still looked stunning, as I sat and watched her I thought to myself, she would probably still manage to look amazing even if she was wearing an old sack. I was so surprised at how different the dress looked on her than it had done on me, it somehow wasn’t as Cinderella-ish any more, but the colour did suit her down to the ground.
When she sat down alongside me on the sofa, playing with her long flaming hair, I did start to wonder how the others were going to react to this beautiful doll that had been dropped into our lives ? I had an inkling that she might turn out to be a bit of a heartbreaker when it came to the single guy dolls that we knew.
“So … what do you think then ?” interrupted Rai, she was beaming with excitement wanting to know what we thought of her new hair-do.
As she gradually started to turn around, so we could get a better look at the whole effect, I have to say I was rather impressed. The style was intricate and yet simple and whilst it was still a braid, it did not look as Rapunzely as her original temporary Disneyland style.
I could not believe how shiny and silky her hair looked when we got a good view of the back of the do. I really liked what Blanche had created, it almost reminded me of some kind of Princess Leia, Queen Amidala Star Wars hairstyle that I had seen on some of Holly’s Sci-fi dolls. It was really very lovely, and I could not help but let both Rai and Blanche know how very impressed I really was.
As the girls sat back down on the seat in front of us, Rai thanked Blanche for all her help. I could tell that Blanche felt a little shy about it all as she quietly replied “Of course, anytime” she looked so genuinely pleased by how happy her efforts had made her friend, it was rather touching.
When I turned back to Serena again, I was once again taken aback a little, luckily not from any nudity this time, but more because she was just finishing tying back her own hair. I don’t know why, I just assumed that such a pretty doll, with lovely long hair would end up having some rather elegant, Princessy, fancy hair do. But Serena was content to just have a loose and slightly free, simple ponytail to help keep her hair off her face.
As we talked some more it became quite clear that, not only did she not have that much of an interest in clothes or hair, but she really did not seem to know how gorgeous she really was, it was like she was oblivious to her own beauty. Some how that made her come across all the more captivating, but did start to make me wonder if sometimes I am perhaps a touch too vain about my own appearance.

After everyone had settled down a bit I realised that the time had come, I could put it off no longer, it was time to introduce the girls to the other dolls !!
I knew where they all would be, it was obvious, as the resident first couple of our doll family, Jem and Rio were like the nucleus that everyone revolved around, they were always the gracious host and hostess, and the dolls could more often than not, all be found gathered around their sofa in the games room.

I peered over the edge tentatively just to check that indeed they were all there before getting the girls to climb up with me, I don’t think they were really expecting us as everyone seemed deep in their own discussions as we arrived.
“Hello everyone” I said a little shyly, I really wasn’t used to addressing big groups so was a little intimidated by it all “Errm … these are the new Disneyland dolls that Holly brought back from her trip”.

Suddenly all eyes were on us, but luckily it was more the girls than me, as I am not sure how I would have felt with everyone staring at me like that. Although I guess its not that different to when Calamity had introduced me to everyone all that time ago … in fact, I think I was wearing the same dress then as well, oh how funny !

Serena waived at everyone warmly, Rai smiled and giggled enthusiastically, and Blanche sort of clammed up a little blushing shyly on the end. I introduced the girls one by one, and also told them who each one of the dolls sitting in front of them were. It was a lot of names flying everywhere, and I worried if I was going too fast ? and if they would be able to take it all in ? But they didn’t appear that confused by anything, so that was a good start.
What did strike me though was Jackson, his reaction to the girls was rather surprising, I think I actually saw a little smile creep on his face for a moment there !! … my word, I don’t think I have ever seen anything like that from him before ?!
I studied him closely, but couldn’t quite tell if it was just one of them who he had taken a liking to, or if it was the group as a whole. It was very unclear from this distance which one he was looking at … but I was certainly keen to find out ?
Jem invited the girls to sit, and almost as soon as they did the conversations began, Serena talked with Jem, Rio, Calamity and Reid, whilst Millie and Rai had a nice little chin wag. Blanche did not appear as confident about talking in large groups, so sat there quietly, although I thought I kept seeing her glancing in Jackson’s direction from time to time … hmmm interesting !!
As Serena turned her attention to Jackson, trying to get to know him a little better, I wondered how the poor guy would react to her directness ? Although maybe he would like it ? He was still looking across all the 3 of them, but which one was he looking at ? I think Serena would have definitely caught his eye just from how stunning she looks, but would he find her temperament a little to bold next to his quiet reserved nature ? Blanche was a much more similar temperament, but Rai’s happy demeanour was also extremely attractive.

In truth I think any of them would have been a good match for him, but I was dying to know who had caught his eye, in the hopes of helping cupids arrow along a little … alright, I know, I shouldn’t be poking my nose in other peoples love life’s, after all I haven’t exactly appreciated it when others have done that to me. Its just I so wanted to see Jackson happy again, and if one of these dolls could accomplish that, and help him to get over his heartbreak about losing Stella, then that would really be a miracle indeed !
I was spending so much time, matchmaking in my head, and observing everyone’s behaviour in detail, that I hadn’t noticed Anthony had left the little group and was now standing alongside me, I was rather startled by his presence. Especially seeing as the last time I had seen him was the day of Rocky and mines argument, when I had been sobbing on his shoulder, and then screamed at him and Rocky before running away.

I felt a little awkward and didn’t really know what to say, or what he wanted for that matter ?

“Greetings Ella” he said cheerfully “It’s such a pleasure to see a bit of colour back in your cheeks, I hope you have recovered somewhat from your horrible ordeal”.

Ordeal ?? Ordeal ? … what is he talking about ? …. And then it dawned on me … Oh, he is referring to the Rocky and Crystal thing … but wait … does he not know that was a misunderstanding ? and Rocky and I have since sorted everything out ? … Oh dear, this could get awkward !
“Ella my dear” he continued, I still didn’t like it when he called me his dear, but its not like I could interrupt him at that precise moment to tell him, as he was still talking “I wanted to come over here and formally express my intentions towards you” … eh ? you what ? what intentions ? … oh heck, this was not sounding good !!

I just stood there almost in shock as he went on with his little speech “With your permission I would like to court you … with a view to matrimony of course, and in time, after a respectable period of waiting we could announce our engagement, and start preparations for the wedding” … oh my god !! … did he just say what I think he said ??! … did he just ask me to marry him, in a roundabout sort of way ? … Urgh, MEN !! … That’s so typical, all I want in the world is for Rocky to propose to me, and this guy beats him to the punch. Oh my word, what am I going to do ?
I felt so very uncomfortable with Anthony looking at me, waiting for a response. What on earth could I say to him to let him down gently ? And why had none of the other dolls let him know before now that Rocky and I had patched things up ? … oh god !

“Oh, errr … well … errr” I replied, still trying to think of how I could nicely say this “that’s a very flattering offer Anthony, really it is … but … well, you see … the thing is …”.
And right in that moment, before I could finish what I was trying to say, Rocky appeared, reaching over and taking my hand in his “There you are Sweetheart, I have been looking all over for you” he said jovially “I didn’t expect you to have finished sorting the girls this quickly, I suppose I have missed all the introductions then ?”.

Anthony seemed ever so confused by Rocky’s presence, he stood there looking a little shocked. As Rocky spoke to me though, it was almost as if he didn’t even notice Prince Prettyboy was standing there, his gaze was so very intently fixed on mine.
I think that Anthony became even more startled though, when he turned to me and saw my reaction to Rocky was so very pleased and loving, I think he could instantly tell that I almost lit up at the sight of my one true Love, everything else around me sort of melted away, and in that moment I forgot who was standing alongside me. I must admit, looking back, I do feel a little sorry for the poor guy, I mean, at the time he hadn’t got a clue what was going on.
Rocky playfully pulled me across and into his loving embrace and I giggled happily to be held so close in his arms, we were lost deep in each others eyes. And still Anthony watched in disbelief at the sight before his eyes.
As Rocky gently kissed my cheek I blushed, he was whispering sweet nothings in my ear, and I was so caught up in everything that I had almost forgot about Prince Prettyboy and his rather out of the blue proposal … but then I remembered … oh dear !! … I had to sort of gesture Rocky to Anthony’s presence, as to be honest, up until this point he had not even acknowledged the poor guy was there.
I could not even look Anthony in the face, knowing what he had been saying to me only moments before, I did feel a bit bad, but I guess there was no need to finish my explanation now, it must have been pretty obvious what was going on.

Rocky turned to him with a sneaky raised eyebrow expression on his face, he grinned intently, saying in an almost sarcastic tone “Anthony … so how’s things? … have you met all the lovely new AVAILABLE Princess dolls then ?”

I wasn’t quite sure if Rocky was trying to make peace, or just trying to gloat in his victory? It was a tough one to call, but I think I knew what the answer was … Who am I kidding here! It was so very obvious what Rocky was implying with his comment, and I still couldn’t believe these two had not tired of this silly game yet!

Anthony looked so composed and almost unaffected by it all, even though I knew he must have been hurting inside, he put on a brave face of it. His reply was rather brief though, it was rather obvious that he had absolutely no interest in chatting with Rocky “Yes, well, If you’ll excuse me, I would not want to impose on your privacy any further” he then gave a little nod in Rocky’s direction, it was the most civilised behaviour I had seen between these two guys to date, I wondered if that actually meant they had finally put their differences in fighting over me aside? … probably not. Anthony then turned to me smiling and nodding, saying “Ella, it was a pleasure as always” before promptly leaving our side, I guess he must finally now know where he stands, and where my heart truly lies.
As I looked into Rocky’s eyes, I could see he was looking a little too pleased with himself “What was that ?” I declared in a slightly miffed tone.

He looked a little unsure how to respond, as he replied with a very suspicious sounding “What ?”.

“You know what” I said still a little huffy at him “that was a little mean, to rub his face in it like that wasn’t it?!” I was still so surprised at how Anthony had such an amazing knack of bringing out the worst in my Rocky, but then I guess no bloke likes it if another guy if after his lady, do they ?

He sighed and looked ever so slightly guilty saying “I know, I’m sorry … that guy just gets right under my skin” I found that comment a little funny, seeing as us dolls don’t actually have skin, but I guess it was just a figure of speech, so tried not to linger on that thought as Rocky went on “I just thought he sort of deserved it a little, after poking his nose in the other week … but … I know that was wrong of me, and if it will make you feel better I will go and apologise to him now ?”.

It was sooo very tempting to say yes, I was very intrigued as to how they would have reacted to one another in an apologetic situation, but in reality, considering what Anthony’s intentions had been when he had originally approached me, I thought for the moment at least, they were better kept apart. So instead said “Well, just TRY and be a little more considerate in future please … remember, we do have to all live together under one roof”.

“You are absolutely right my Darling” he replied slightly playfully, I did start to wonder if he was just humouring me though … ? But then his face changed, appearing much more curious as he asked “So what did he want anyway ?”.
In some ways I was relieved at Rocky’s question, as that meant he had not actually heard Anthony’s ‘almost’ proposal to me, but then, I have the feeling if he had heard, the two of them would be right in the middle of some awful fight this very moment. I don’t think Rocky is the kind of guy who would take too kindly to another guy proposing to his girl, even if he hadn’t actually got around to doing the deed himself yet.

I know I probably should have told him the truth right then, but I didn’t really know how to come out and casually say that Anthony had only asked me to marry him, but it was nothing to worry about … I don’t think that would have gone down at all well. So I lied, and simply said “Oh, he was just asking how I was doing, after the other week”. I hated being deceitful, just saying the words out loud left a bitter taste in my mouth, but what else could I do ? as in this instance, I could almost guarantee that the truth would have done more harm than good.

It had been a strange sort of day, I was still quite flattered that I had received my very first marriage proposal, it was just a little sadly ironic that it had not been from the guy I do actually love and wanted to marry. It made me consider the possibility of, what if Rocky had known about Anthony’s intentions ? Would that have finally spurred him on to pop the question to me himself ? … but, I guess really that would have been forcing things, which wouldn’t have been at all romantic in the long run. I guess I will just continue to wait, and hope that he eventually gets around to asking me in his own time! … but whilst I wait, I can still have a little fun at playing matchmaker with some of my other doll friends, I mean, I’m sure there must be another perfect couple in amongst them just waiting for cupids arrow to hit … I know, I really shouldn’t … but honestly I don’t know how long I will be able to resist the temptation ?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment