Monday 15 October 2012

Chapter 32 - "Everything I Do" - 15th October 2012.

It's finally time to give Rocky his suprise ! Ooooh, I'm SO excited at the thought of getting to thank him for everything he does for me. Let's just hope he's equally impressed with what I have to show him though, hey ? ...

You can find the FULL story on my facebook blog here ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.152289351592440.35445.150797015075007&type=3
 You can check out the music slideshow to this chapter on Youtube here ... http://youtu.be/eMMA_EgoB9A

Chapter 32 - "Everything I Do".

Rocky’s special present was finally ready, Yippee !! I could not wait to show him, especially as it’s our one month Anniversary, well the day after actually, but close enough. The only trouble was, how could I get him there without spoiling the surprise beforehand ? I considered various rouses and schemes, but in the end decided it would be much more fun not to tell him anything ! When I found him he was in the lounge, so I just grabbed his hand and in no uncertain terms told him to “Come with me please!”.

He simply said “Oh, OK” and went along with it. He was such a gentleman, he would never have refused such a request from a lady, but I could tell that he was very curious about my behaviour, and what was going on in general.

It was as we were nearing the start of the kitchen when he finally asked “Ella Sweetheart, where are we going?”. He was chuckling to himself a little, and seemed to find the unusual manner of my actions quite amusing.

It was rather sweet that despite his humorous comment, he did look a little worried, normally things would be the other way around, and I would be the one questioning things that he was up to. It was nice to turn the tables on him for once, and I hoped that in the end he would see it was worth the wait, when all was revealed.

“Its not far, honestly” I replied ever so sneakily, I was going to have to watch ever word that came out of my mouth if I wanted to ensure that no clues slipped out and spoiled things.
I continued on, almost pulling him along behind me, I think Rocky wasn’t really used to being led around like that, but I guess normally guys are the ones who like to lead, like in dancing etc for example. To give him his credit though, he never once complained about my actions. He must have trusted that I knew what I was doing.
We crossed the kitchen and were just alongside the display cabinet, the very one where my sisters lived in fact, when he suddenly stopped in his tracks. For a moment the jolt of him anchoring himself to the floor felt as though it was going to remove my shoulder joint from its socket !
I turned to him and enquired “Why have you stopped ? … We aren’t there yet !”.

For a little brief moment he said nothing, then I saw a thought bubbling up from within him, the expression building on his face said it all … he was up to something sneaky. I was a little put out really, as I was the one who was supposed to be up to something here.
I didn’t have long to find out what he was plotting though, as he playfully pulled my arm, and subsequently me, back into his rather passionate embrace. He held me ever so close, his eyes sparkled in an almost smouldering sexy manner, as he said so very mesmerizingly “Ella, my Darling … wont you please tell me what’s going on ?”. Ooooh !! … Oh my !!

I felt a little swoony inside, but then came to my senses and figured out exactly what he was trying to do. He thought he could charm his way around me, to get me to give in and tell him everything. To be honest it almost worked, and probably would have done if he had had his shirt off, but I guess he probably didn’t realise how irresistible I find him like that, which was quite lucky in a way, as I would surely have relented and told him everything!! I was still quite surprised by his behaviour though, I had never really seen much of this side of Rocky before, I had no idea he could turn on such an alluringly masculine appeal whenever he wanted to try and get his own way … hmmmm, interesting !!
However if flirting was the game he wanted to play, then I knew that was one I could match him at ! I came up so very close to his face, gave him my very best bewitching gaze, as I slightly fluttered my eyes. I could instantly tell that I now had his attention, as I gently pouted my lips a little … he was utterly captivated.

It was then I replied to him in a sweet and sultry tone “Of course, I will tell you everything”. He smiled eagerly and seemed so fascinated as he closely studied my face, it was then that I smirked and added “… just as soon as we get where we’re going !”.

The look of disappointment on his face was priceless !! I wasn’t sure however, if it was because he had not managed to find anything out ? or if it was because he had been bested by me in this little amorous game of ours ? … Either way, he realised that he wasn’t going to win this one, and reluctantly let it go.
Now that we had got all that sorted, I felt rather pleased in my victory, but I mean, I cant believe he honestly thought he was going to out-charm me? … really ? but then perhaps he had never really noticed before that I do actually have a few flirtatious feminine whiles at my disposal, if the need arises.

Anyway, it was back onto my ever so important mission, I turned, taking his hand again, and carried on leading him in the direction of the conservatory, saying “We’re nearly there now … come on”.

Rocky sighed and laughed a little as he followed, I think at this point he would have happily followed me off of a cliff !! He was so clearly enthralled, and was now under my captivating spell.
Our little expedition had almost come to an end when we arrived alongside the conservatory sofa. It was then that Rocky enquired slightly playfully “This isn’t some kind of revenge for when I carried you out here the other week, is it ?” he was chuckling a little, so I could tell he didn’t really think that at all. And yet, I still felt the need to respond.

“Oh, no … it’s nothing like that” I declared ever so sincerely. But then when I thought about it, it was sort of ironic, and added an almost poetic symmetry to the whole situation that made me smile.

I had specifically chosen this place for a reason though, after all it was sort of ‘Our Special Place’. It was in the conservatory that Rocky and I both started to feel more for one another, on our little picnic outing with Jem and Rio. It was on this spot that we had our very first kiss, after my slightly clumsy tripping incidents. And it was here in this very room, that he had told me for the very first time how much he loved me! There wasn’t another place in the whole house that would have felt so perfectly special for this moment, it had to be in here, it just had to !
“So, are you FINALLY going to let me know what we are doing out here then ?” Rocky asked ever so eagerly, I could tell that he found all this intrigue quite exciting, but at the same time, I don’t think he likes it when he’s not in control of the situations around him.

I smiled at him and replied “It’s just a tiny but further” he rolled his eyes ever so slightly, but then looked quite curious when I continued saying “You will have to close your eyes from here though !”.
Its not that I don’t trust him, but I really didn’t want him to peek and spoil things, especially with all the effort I had gone to. So to ensure there was no sneaky peering out, I decided to cover Rocky’s eyes myself.

He was laughing the whole time as we crept further along, and I steered him around the foot stool, behind which his surprise was awaiting ! At one point we nearly tripped over the edge of the rug on the floor, but luckily I noticed it just in time and warned him to step up a little … blimey, look at me having a non-clumsy moment for once !
When we reached the exact perfect spot I stopped, I was so excited, in fact I’m not sure at this point if I was actually more excited than Rocky was ? But that was probably because I knew what was coming next and he didn’t.

“Are you ready then ?” I asked ever so eagerly.

Rocky sniggered a little saying “I guess so” I could feel with my hands on his face that he was smiling as he continued with “this is all so very odd Sweetheart, you can be such a adorably funny little thing sometimes … but I guess you have your reasons for this one ?!”.

I giggled, replying “Well if you’ll just give it a moment, all will become clear … now, are you sure you cant see anything ?”.

“Yes, I think we have already established that my Darling” was his slightly playful response.
“What about … Now ?!?!” I asked excitedly as I removed my hands from his eyes, also adding a “Taadaaaahh !!” for effect.

There was nothing … no words … no movement … almost no response at all. I couldn’t really see his face from where I was standing, but could just about make out his jaw dropping in shock as his continued to stare at the sight before his eyes.
It was a car, but not just any car, it was ‘the’ car that Rocky had owned during Holly’s childhood. Well I guess if we are being honest here, its not the exact same one, as that went missing when Holly was little, but this was exactly the same type, and was about as close as I could get to giving it back to him.

You see when I was thinking the other day, about what I could do for Rocky to show him how much he means to me, I suddenly remembered a little chat we once had. I think it might have been in the gym, and was very early on, probably not that long after I had met him and the other dolls. Anyway, Rocky had told me all about the silver VW Golf Convertible car that had been bought for Holly at the same time he was, it was his very first car, and the one that sparked his passion for all things vehicular. I remember at the time being so captivated by the passionate way he spoke about it, and how sad he almost looked about its subsequent disappearance. So I decided what better present to give him to show him that I fully accept, and am not at all afraid of his past, than a little piece of his long lost history.
All this time Rocky had stood there, still in a stunned state, it was almost as though he could not quite believe his eyes. I was rather pleased that the whole thing had left him so speechless.

Finally starting to come to his senses he said in a voice of utter amazement “Whoa !!! … it cant be ? … it’s Greased Lightning !!”

I should probably point out here, that Rocky had named the first version of this car ‘Greased Lightening’, yes, from the film Grease. Supposedly it had been a huge favourite of Holly’s when she was very small, and she would constantly re-enact scenes from the film and used this car for the big car race scene etc. In fact, I have been told that it was Rocky who would end up playing the part of Danny Zuko in these little make believe games too, although I did wonder which doll had played the part of Sandy ? Hmmm … ? But I guess that didn’t really matter though, after all, he obviously never ended up with her did he ? if he had, he wouldn’t have been standing here with me now.
Rocky then turned to me and enquired “What’s all this about Sweetheart?” he was ever so bubbling with joy as he spoke “Is this … for me ? … really ?”.

I was so very happy seeing him so confused, and yet almost jumping for joy at the same time, it was totally adorable, I think he still couldn’t quite believe what was happening.

“Of course” I replied, I was beaming with so much genuine affection as I went on “It’s a present … from me, to you !”.
I had hardly finished what I was trying to say before he scooped my up in his arms, and planted a rather overly zealous, and yet obviously grateful, kiss on my delicate lips. I took that as good sign, he must in fact like his little surprise after all … phew what a relief !
Rocky held me so close, as he continued to stare at the car in total wonderment, I had never really known him to be so non-vocal before, but then I do wonder if he was still in a little bit in shock from it all ?
He was then taken over by another wave of uncontrollable excitement and intrigue, as he turned to me again and enquired “But, what ? where ? why ? … what’s this all about ?”.

I smiled at his curiosity as I told him “I got it from ebay, Crystal helped me though, I had to make sure I got exactly the right one, and I knew she would remember”.

“But … why ? … I … I don’t deserve such an amazing gift ?” Rocky replied, he looked ever so touched by the effort I had gone to for him.

I stared deep into his eyes and simply said “Because you do deserve this, and much more … because you are lovely and wonderful … because I want you to know how much I appreciate everything you do for me … but mostly … because I Love you !!”.

Rocky looked so very deeply affected by what I had just declared, he had the appearance of shock, pleasure, and immense gratitude written all over his face at once. He found it ever so hard to talk, his voice started to crack a little as he replied “My Darling, I … I really … I don’t know what to say” he then smiled at me so very sweetly as he humbly added “Thank you !”.
I was starting to worry if perhaps he was beginning to appear a little too overcome by the emotions of it all. So to try and defuse things a little, and ensure we wouldn’t end up feeling uncomfortable, I decided to attempt to try and get things back on their happy track again, I turned and gestured to the car asking,

“Aren’t you going to give it a try then ?”.
I didn’t have to ask twice either, as Rocky almost ran around the side of the car, he was so full of excitement and appeared as giddy as a schoolboy, or a kid on Christmas morning. There was a spring in his step, and as I watched him I was so very pleased that his joyous behaviour had been my doing, it felt so nice to finally be able to give something back to him for once.
He grabbed hold of the roll bar and in one swift movement hopped straight into the drivers seat, it was clear he had done that same manoeuvre many times before in the previous version of this car, like some kind of genetic memory or something.

“Well, what do you think then ? … how does it suit me ?” he enquired ever so playfully, I could hear the pleasure of it all ring in his voice as he spoke.

“Its absolutely perfect for you my Love” I replied giggling a little, by now I was grinning from ear to ear, almost as much as Rocky was, it was really such a very happy moment for us.
I didn’t really think that his smile could have gotten much bigger, however as soon as the words ‘my Love’ left my lips, Rocky’s grin grew immensely ! That was the first time I had ever called him by any kind of pet name, it wasn’t that I had planned to say it, it just sort of popped out of my mouth before I realised it, but was nice to see that he liked it all the same. I blushed a little at the so very loving way he was now looking at me. In that moment I was rather glad I was wearing pink today, seeing as Rocky has commented in the past how much he likes it when I blush whilst wearing pink.
I came up alongside him and leant down a little, so that we could talk a little easier, he looked so very at home in this car, I could see why he had liked it so much in the past, and why it had been such a sad wrench when he was parted from it. The car wasn’t quite as pink and girly as some of the others you can get, and despite the fact it had stickers saying ‘Barbie’ slapped all over, it was a much more masculine sort of vehicle, which suited my Rocky’s character and personality down to the ground.

“Do you want to take it for a spin around the room then ?” I eagerly asked him.

As he looked up at me so very sweetly he replied “Not without you my Darling” he then gestured towards the passenger seat saying “hop in then !”

I was so pleased that he had asked me to join him, in reality I had hoped he would, but I didn’t like to assume, after all it was his present, and had he wanted to take it for a drive on his own to start with, how could I have possibly complained.

“I’d love to” I said to Rocky a little shyly, as I looked across the car “But I errr … I’m not sure there’s any room for me in there”.

You see there was just one little problem in the way, and that was the huge big bow attached to the roll bar ! It was rather ill thought out in its positioning, as I had placed it right in the way of the passenger seat … oh no … why didn’t I think of that when I had put it there earlier ?
As Rocky glanced over at that side of the car he seemed to instantly recognise what the problem was. He looked back at me and enquired “Well if you don’t mind, I can fix that ?”.

I smiled and nodded so he would know that was fine, and he hastily got to work and untied the bow from its obstructing position, and then rather carefully cast it off ensuring that it landed on top of the box behind.

He seemed ever so pleased as he looked up at me and exclaimed “There that’s better, now there’s enough room for my Dearest Special girl to join me … I couldn’t have considered going anywhere without you Sweetheart !”.
Rocky was being so very lovely, though I was now a little distracted as I looked down at him, I became rather struck by something I had just noticed … now the bow was out of the way I realised that the picture on the cars box, which was sat behind, seemed to have a Rocky type doll seated inside, it was the spitting image of him !! … Oh wow, this little convertible really was obviously meant for him, how funny, and no wonder he has always been so drawn to it !!
Anyway, I didn’t want to keep him waiting any longer and so nipped around to the passenger side and carefully climbed in, with a little helping hand from Rocky of course. It wasn’t quite as easy to get in and out of as the jeep had been, as this car had doors, but not ones that opened, so I literally had to climb over the side to get in, which is not an easy task in a long dress, I can tell you !! … but I was just grateful that I had not decided to wear my other pink dress today, with how long that one is, and my history of tripping in it, I would most likely have fallen in the car and ended up on my head with my legs flailing in the air … that would not have been a very graceful sight !

Rocky glanced over at me affectionately, he appeared so pleased that I was sat alongside him, this was obviously a special moment that he wanted to share with me, and I was very glad and honoured to have been included.
He looked ever so impressed with his new little toy as he started it up. He needed to perform a little three point turn type manoeuvre to start with, as the car was a little boxed in where it had been positioned right in front of the foot stool. I watched him very closely as he undertook this task, he seemed so very happy, it made me feel all warm inside when I thought about it.
The car was now pointing in the right direction, and ready to head on out for a first test drive, however, rather than get going Rocky had now stopped again. He leaned over, placing his arm around my shoulders, and pulling me closer towards him as he said so very lovingly “My Darling, I still cant quite believe you have done all this for me! … I feel like the luckiest doll in the world at the moment”. He was smiling so very sincerely as he continued “I don’t know what I have done to deserve all this, but all I know is, I must have done something right at some point throughout my existence, to have been given the most wonderful special gift that I could ever have dreamed of … and that’s you !”.

I was the one who was now speechless, it was so very lovely that he saw me as the most special gift in his life, I was truly touched by his words. Why is it though, that even when I am trying to do something nice for him, he always manages to somehow turn the tables and ends up making me feel like the ever so special one ? Does he really not see how wonderful and amazing he really is ? He deserves everything I could ever give him, and much more than that in truth, but he was far too humble to realise it … which only adds to his adorable perfection in my eyes, and even though I didn’t think it was possible, made me love him all the more.
I was about to tell him just what had been on my mind, but didn’t really get the chance, as he pulled me across even closer. We were now almost sitting on the one seat together, he held on to me as though he never wanted to let me go, and very gently kissed my lips in a way that felt so very spellbinding, I wondered if in fact, I could have floated up up and away from sheer contentment of it all.
Rocky caressed my hand in a tender loving manner, and whilst I was not exactly comfortable, with the way we were seated at the time, I didn’t really seem to notice. Our lips were locked together so passionately I forgot where I was, as though there was nothing else in the whole universe apart from the two of us, and this one kiss.
My lips were still feeling tingles of excitement in them, as we sat there gazing deeply into each others eyes. I was smiling so very happily, it was then that Rocky declared “Ella my Sweet, you are the best thing that’s ever happened to me” his demeanour then changed a little, he looked almost worried as he went one “I just wish there was something that I could do for you, to show you how much you mean to me ?” Awww … he’s such an amazing guy and always thinking of others, how very lovely.

After a little pause, I could tell by the look on his face that he had an idea pop into his head all of a sudden, as he started to say something very intriguing “There is something I would like to ask you though … Will you” my ears suddenly pricked up, was this the moment ? … was he finally going to pop the question that I had been waiting to hear ?!? I started to feel ever so hopeful as I eagerly sat there waiting for him to continue.

“.. let me know if you can think of anything you’d like ?” was all the conclusion that emerged … Eh ? You what ?! … oh what an anticlimax, I felt so very deflated, as my heart sank a little. I couldn’t quite believe he was THAT oblivious to my feelings and what I would have wanted … Urgh Men !! Sometimes they really cant see the wood for the trees, can they ?!

“Oh, errr .. of course” I replied, trying to smile a little, hoping he would not notice how overcome with disappointment I had now become.

So this wasn’t to be the moment after all, I was almost tempted to say that there was something I would like from him … and that was a proposal !! But I couldn’t, I just couldn’t bring myself to say it … it would never really feel like he had proposed if I had to ask him to do it, if I was going to do that I might as well propose to him myself. I know that I could have done that, and for a very brief moment did consider it, but I don’t know, maybe I’m a little old fashioned when it comes to romance, but I would prefer it so much more if he was the one who did the asking. So for the time being, my waiting will continue … again !!
Luckily Rocky was a little too distracted with everything going on to do with his new car, so he didn’t appear to get wind of my slight frustration at his rather anticlimactic question. It was then that I decided to try and put my own feelings aside for the moment, after all, this was supposed to be Rocky’s special day and present, and there was no way I was going to spoil that for him.

He was so unaware of my anguish, and yet looked so very in love as he said to me softly “I’d just like to say once more my Darling … Thank you so very very much … you are truly the most special girl I have ever known !”

“You’re welcome” I replied a little shyly, I was now feeling slightly guilty that I had been so disappointed in him just a few minutes ago, I mean, its not like its really his fault that he doesn’t know how I feel, is it ?!

By now Rocky was looking as though he was simply dying to get going, he was almost fidgety with excitement. And even though he was not looking my way, I could not take my eyes off him, I was having far too much fun watching him in this ecstatic state, I was so very drawn in, and found his passion so extremely endearing. Awww how could I possibly sit here and feel sorry for myself with him being so adorably happy ? And so, I gave myself a little mental slap around the face so I would remember what was REALLY important here … and that was Rocky !!
“So are you ready to take her for a test drive then ?” I asked, feeling as though I had now re-composed myself enough again, for my enthusiasm at his happiness, to come bubbling through in my loving adoration of my very special guy. I then had another thought pop into my mind as I continued to enquire “… oh and have you thought of a name for her yet ?”.

“Of course” he replied, looking very pleased with himself as he added “I’ll call her Greased Lightening 2 !” .

“Oh, that’s errr … lovely” was the only response I managed, I was trying very hard not to giggle too much as I spoke … Oh dear, I couldn’t keep it in any longer though, I could not help but laugh out load, sometimes blokes aren’t very imaginative in how they name things are they ?! … But it’s his car I guess, which makes it his choice, so who am I to judge.
As we finally pulled away on our little pleasure cruise, Rocky said to me playfully “Now I’ll show you what a car can REALLY do !!”.

And with that he put his foot down and sped away, I probably should have been watching where we were going, but I still was far more interested in watching him. I felt as though with every moment that passed, I was falling deeper and deeper in love with him, my heart felt so very swollen with all the emotion, I thought for a moment that it might actually burst. There was no hope for me now, I was lost, lost in the depths of feeling for the one and only guy in the whole world, who I knew I could ever feel so much passion for. I so hoped that this little token of affection, which I had given him today, would help to show him just a glimmer, of just how much I really do Love him !

No comments:

Post a Comment