Tuesday 9 October 2012

Chapter 28 - "Runaway - Part 2" - 9th October 2012.

In part 2 of this story, I meet some new friends and have a WONDERFUL adventure in the most migical place I can think of ... Disneyland Paris ! But the romance and wonder is FAR from over afterwards though ...

You can find the FULL story on my facebook blog here ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.152225494932159.35430.150797015075007&type=3
You can check out the music slideshow to this chapter on Youtube here ... http://youtu.be/H3N-XWG8dTk

Chapter 28 - "Runaway - Part 2".

Before starting this chapter, make sure you have read part 1 here ... http://ella-the-world-of-a-disney-doll.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/chapter-27-runaway-part-1-8th-october.html

Yes, I know that I didn’t manage to finish my whole Disneyland story yesterday, but really there was just far too much that went on to fit in just one update, so here is the rest of the tale …

By the time the next morning had arrived Rocky had disappeared off somewhere, saying he wanted to check something out. So that left me alone with the new play dolls, which by now Holly had deboxed. I was still a little apprehensive about their presence here, and what role Holly was expecting them to play in our doll household, but Rocky assured me that everything would be fine, and insisted I had to go and introduce myself properly otherwise it would seem awfully rude. I was starting to wonder if that’s why he had a sudden mission to go elsewhere, to give us girls some time alone to get to know one another ?

The 3 dolls were sitting on the sofa together when I approached them, I didn’t really know what to say so just sort of waved a little and said “Hi” in a sort of shy tone.

The girls looked ever so enthusiastic at my presence, greeting me with open arms and inviting me to sit with them. They all looked so very colourful and Princessy, I felt rather drab and plain alongside them.
When I sat down, I didn’t really know what to say, you see I am a bit shy really about meeting new people and always worry myself silly about getting tongue tied or saying something ridiculous. But the silence did not last long as the red head instantly spoke up enquiring “So you must be Ella then ?” She sounded so confident and sure of herself, which I found rather surprising considering she had not long been out of her box, but I guess that’s just who she is. I didn’t really have much of a chance to reply though as she continued speaking “Holly has told us all about you, its lovely to meet you … although I think we saw you looking at us in our boxes last night, didn’t we ?”.

I felt a touch bombarded and also confused at the same time by all the questions and comments, but was mostly wondering what it was that Holly had said about me to these 3 ?

“Errr … yes that was me” I replied, feeling a little self conscious that they had been watching me so closely, whilst I had been watching them yesterday. But I really wanted to know what it was that Holly had told them, so tried to subtly find out “So, Holly has told you about me has she ?” I asked trying to be all casual, but in reality sounding ever so worried and shakey.

It was then that the blonde sitting on the end joined in the discussion “Oh yes, Holly has told us everything” she said cheerfully, her voice was so joyous and lively as she spoke “she has been worried about you being the only Disney doll in the play group, so decided to buy us, as some friends, so you wouldn’t feel so outnumbered by the other types of dolls … isn’t that so exciting ?!”

I couldn’t believe it, I had spent all this time worrying that Holly was planning on replacing me with these 3, when in reality she had bought them as companions. I was rather touched by the gesture, although I did wonder why she would feel I was outnumbered by the non-Disney dolls ? I mean, I don’t think in reality we see each other in that sort of way, but I guess as Holly is not an inner part of the little doll family circle, she wouldn’t really know what actually goes on with us all.

I only then suddenly realised, I didn’t even know these dolls names yet ? … oh dear, I felt like I was being so rude and self absorbed, so thought I had better hastily find out before things went even further. The blond on the end introduced herself as Rai, she is a Rapunzel doll, supposedly Holly gave her the name from part of the French version of Rapunzel which is Raiponse. She was such a cheery, happy go lucky sort of doll and always looked ever so enthusiastic about everything that was going on. In some ways she reminded me a little of Millie, although I have to say that it was very clear the Rai has much more going on inside her head. Her cheerful optimism about everything was almost infectious and I was sure she would make a great addition to our doll family.
Next we had Blanche, a Snow White doll who’s name Holly basically chose from the French for Snow White, which is Blanche Neige. She was a very sweet doll, although some what shy, shyer than me in fact, she spoke rather soft and quietly but her voice was ever so lovely and had an almost musical quality about it. She was in no way as effervescent as Rai, and had a much more reserved demeanour about her, in some ways she reminded me a little of Jackson, without the obvious solemnest and heartbreak though, but she was still a pleasant character all the same.
And finally we had the red head, and I have to say that she was stunning, honestly I could not take my eyes off her. That beautiful face, and those big bright blue eyes, her gorgeous white wedding gown, and not forgetting the flaming red hair. She was a doll who would stop traffic and turn heads wherever she went, I was sure of it. She introduced herself as Serena, a little mermaid doll, who’s name was a play on Petite Sirene, which is the French for Little Mermaid and also was the name of the mermaid in the 4th Pirates of the Caribbean film. She was confident and spoke her mind, but somehow managed to do it in a much less blurty and clumsy way than when I try to convey what’s in my head. She was passionate and firey but at the same time very ladylike. I have to admit, in that moment I did feel rather inferior next to her, in truth if I had the choice I would probably have preferred to be her than my awkward bumbling self, but its not that I was jealous of her, she was far to nice for me to think that, I just found her ever so captivating.
Once the introductions were over with the girls and I continued to chat, I told them more about home, and a little bit about some of the other play dolls in our group that they would soon meet on our return, they all seemed to find it very enthralling as they sat there listening to me go on.
It was becoming very clear from early on though that Serena and I had taken to each other rather instantly. I know why I found her so appealing but I did wonder what on earth it was she saw in me, as we sat there and our conversation in the group shrank down until it was just basically her and I having a lovely little intimate chat.

Serena was never afraid to say what she was thinking and started to tell me all about how ridiculous she felt in a wedding dress “Don’t get me wrong it’s a lovely gown” she declared rather boldly “but honestly, its not like I’m getting married or anything, so why on earth they decided to give me bridal attire to live out the rest of my days in is beyond me ? … but I guess at least I can walk in it, so it must be better than a tail”

The dress was of course stunning, but I could see her point, so I decided as a gesture of friendship towards my new companion I would try and help her out “Well, I have plenty of spare dresses, if you would like to borrow one when we get home I could find one out ?” I said, hoping that she would not take offence to the suggestion.

Her face lit up as my offer “Oh Ella, that would be fantastic, I’m not sure what sort of first impression I would have made in this dress, but I don’t want the other dolls thinking I am desperate to go running down the aisle just yet”

Serena really made me laugh, it was so lovely as we sat there together talking some more, I did start to feel a little guilty at how I had reacted when I first saw the new play dolls now, after all it seems there was nothing to worry about at all.
We were so caught up on our discussions that I had not noticed that Rocky was now back in the room with us, I’m not sure how long he had been standing there, but knowing how much he likes to watch me, it was probably longer than I think before he finally spoke up and said “Hello Ladies” in his usual playful tone.
The girls were instantly taken aback, I heard ‘Ooohs’ ‘Ahhhs’ gasps and Serena simply said to me rather excitedly “Oooh yummy, who’s he ???”.

I felt kind of proud that they had all reacted so well to my dearest love, and so couldn’t wait to tell them all who he was “That’s Rocky, he’s … he’s my …” oh no not again, you really would have thought that by now I would have figured a way to describe my relationship … what am I like ??! Anyway not wanting to let things carry on the way they had when I had tried to introduce Rocky to my sisters, I quickly added “he’s my guy !”.

OK, so maybe that wasn’t the most romantic way to describe what he means to me, but at least it got the point across. The girls all giggled with joy as we sat there watching him.
Rocky was going to climb up to say ‘hello’ properly, but it seems in there eagerness to meet him everyone just slipped down off the front of the sofa onto the floor in front of him. It was only then that it hit me, they had never seen a guy doll before had they ? … Now, in the Disney Store when I was there, I saw many of the Prince companion dolls on the shelves around the store, so seeing male dolls wasn’t exactly a surprise when I moved into Holly’s house. But they don’t sell any Prince dolls in Disneyland Paris, so the girls had never before laid eyes on a real, in the plastic, guy doll before.
Their enthusiasm was ever so apparent as they gathered round to meet Rocky, he looked a little confused by all the attention, I’m not sure he realised what all the fuss was about as they stood there looking all doe eyed at him.
Serena, being the most sure of herself from the group, was the first to step forward and meet him, Blanche came over a little flustered and blushed upon her introduction, and Rai stood there the whole time grinning at him incessantly. It was all rather amusing and just reaffirmed in my mind how lucky I was to have Rocky as my one true love.
After a polite amount of general chit chat and small talk between the group, Rocky addressed the girls and asked “Would you ladies mind if I steal Ella away for a while ?”.

“No not at all” they insisted rather happily, they sighed longingly as Rocky and I started to walk away.

“Well, that was errr … different” he said chuckling, he was still sounding rather amused by the girls ever so eager reaction to him. “They all seem rather nice though don’t they ? … so maybe you can see there was nothing to worry about after all, hey ?”.

“Oh yes they are lovely” I replied softly, there was something on my mind though, and Rocky could see straight away.

“What is it Sweetheart?” he enquired lovingly “don’t you like them ?”.

“Oh, its not that” I said starting to feel a little sad “Its just, well, we are not exactly alone on our little romantic getaway anymore are we … I mean, boxed display dolls is one thing, but well … as nice as they are, those 3 are always going to be around for the rest of our stay … we wont have any time just the two of us anymore”.
Rocky gently kissed my cheek, I think he didn’t really want to go any further at that moment, as we were both aware we were still being observed from afar. He then whispered in my ear “Come with me, I have a little surprise for you”.

And with that he took my hand and we left the room, I was actually impressed he had figured a way for us to get out. We continued on through the hotel, down all the floors and outside into the park !
It took a great deal of time as our little legs are rather short, but when we arrived by the big fairytale castle I thought I had died and gone to heaven, it looked so perfect and magical, like something straight out of a Disney movie. As we sat on the wall looking up at beautiful chateau towering over us, I really could not believe I was here, never in my life would I have thought, being a doll, I would ever get to see such a wondrous sight.
When I turned to Rocky, just as I had suspected, his eyes were on me again rather than the spectacular scenery around us. He smiled and said “Well, how do you like your surprise then ? … and we are alone out her too, so that’s a double bonus”.

“Oh Rocky” I replied, my eyes starting to well with tears of happiness as I spoke “this is wonderful …. But it’s you that makes this moment so special, thank you … thank you for being an amazingly thoughtful guy, who I could not possibly live without”

Rocky looked so touched by my words, I think it must have been the very first time I had ever seen him speechless. He just smiled back at me lovingly, and for a short while we sat in silence, just taking in this very special moment between us.
When he finally found his voice again Rocky pointed to the wishing well that was sitting in front of us, and asked if I wanted to have a look. We climbed up the side and sat in the bucket on the edge, I didn’t really want to get any closer in case I fell in, or even worse managed to fall on Rocky and end up pushing him in … well we all know how clumsy I can be don’t we ?!

When I asked if we should make a wish, Rocky grinned at me “You can do if you like my Darling … what are you going to wish for ? … oh wait, you cant tell me or it won’t come true” I could tell from the tone of his voice that he did really want to know what I would wish for, I thought that was adorably sweet. He then hopped out of the bucket and declared “Hang on a minute, I think I know a better place than this to make a wish …”,
He took my hand and led me around the other side of the castle, it took a while but he seemed to know where he was going. When we stopped I didn’t really see what the point of us moving was, until we climbed up on the little wall and I saw there was a lovely Cinderella fountain up there.

When we reached the top we sat and rested for a moment, the sun was warm and bright and the sound of the water falling behind us was so calming and romantic. Rocky was right, this was a much better place to make a wish !
We stood up and moved around to the side, so that we had a good view of the fountain and the magical castle behind us. This truly was a fairytale place, but I guess that’s why they call it Fantasyland.

Rocky gazed at me lovingly, buts still had an almost mischievous tone as he said “I think if you make a wish here, it probably has the best chance of coming true”.

I was just about to close my eyes and wish, but then I had a sudden thought “aren’t you going to make a wish too then?” I asked curiously.

“I don’t need to” he replied looking ever so sincere as he continued “my wish has already come true … and she’s sitting right beside me now !”.

Awww … my gosh … I thought my heart was going to beat right out of my chest when he said those words. He always made me feel so special, like I was his whole world and universe. I knew in that moment what I wished for … it was for him … I wished to spend the rest of my life with Rocky, and so desperately hoped that one day he would actually ask me to marry him !
By now it was getting late, and as it had taken us so long to walk out here we decided it was probably time to start heading back. Although as it happened we managed to catch a lift on the back of the little horse drawn tram, and so made it back to the hotel room in a fraction of the time it had taken us to get out there.

I was quite surprised when I discovered that the room appeared empty when we entered, I couldn’t see Serena or any of the other girls anywhere … were they out in the park ? … or had they simply made themselves scarce to give Rocky and I some more alone time ? Either way I was kind of relieved. Rocky then insisted we climb up onto the table top, I wondered what he was up to, but by now I have learned that anything Rocky suggests normally has an important purpose in the end, so rather than questioning I just went along with it.

There was a lovely little Cinderella wind-up musical figurine on the table, Holly had only bought it earlier that day, and a few other Princess ornaments circling the table. Rocky wound up the figurine and as the music started he took me in his arms and asked me to dance with him.

The tune playing was ‘So this is Love’ from Disney’s Cinderella movie. If you have not heard it before here is a link to the song on youtube … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byPjh6unMOM
We had not danced since the night of our date, but it still felt so familiar, and yet just as magical as it had done the first time. It made me think, as much as he had said he doesn’t want a Princess, he was certainly treating me as one, but then if I am a Princess he has to be my Prince Charming, as no other guy could ever match up to Rocky in my eyes !
As we twirled around the table top I felt as though I was walking on air, floating high up in the clouds, just like Aurora and her Prince as they danced at the end of the Disney Sleeping Beauty movie. I was so happy, this had been the best day ever.
Rocky and I looked deep into each others eyes as the musical figurine continued to play its sweet little song. I once again thought of the last time we had danced, that was the night when I realised for the very first time how I felt about him, at the time I had been too much of a coward to really say what he meant to me. But this time I was not scared, I felt as though I would burst if I did not tell him soon.

“I Love you Rocky” I blurted rather suddenly “I wish I had told you so many times before now, and I know I should have done … but now I’m not afraid to say it … I will Love you until my dying day !”.

For the second time in one day Rocky appeared speechless, I don’t know if it was that my out of the blue declaration had taken him by surprise ? Or if he didn’t really quite know how to respond? But for a very brief moment he looked a little startled.

His face then became consumed by an enormous adoring grin as he replied “Ella, my dearest Darling, you are everything to me … I have waited for you for the last 29 years, I had almost given up hope of ever finding you. And now that you are here, in my arms, I am never gonna let you go … You are the Love I have waited my whole life for !”.

Ohhh … how truly wonderful !!! … He was always so romantic and well spoken, and more often than not, left me weak at the knees, unable to speak. I could tell from the passionate way he expressed himself, that the place his words appeared to originate from was so very deep within his heart and soul. He wasn’t just spouting words to try and tell a silly romantic girl what she wanted to hear, he was talking from his heart, and I honestly could not get enough of it.
Rocky then pulled me closer in his loving embrace, and we kissed !

I had not really realised before that it was possible to dance and kiss at the same time, but apparently it was. As we continued to slowly move across the floor to the music whilst our lips were otherwise occupied with one another, there was a strange sense of the mysterious, as though we were no longer in control of our bodies or actions.
When the kissing was over, Rocky twirled me outwards to finish our dance, he stood there watching me so very closely, I could tell he was taking in every detail or my face and dress. He then said so very tenderly “Sweetheart, you look like a gorgeous luminescent Angel, bathed in the sunlight from the window … you light up my world, truly you do !”.

I felt a little shy about how he saw me, but liked it all the same, and even if I hadn’t got a clue how to reply to such an amazing compliment, could not help but smile.
We then climbed down from the table and he beckoned me to follow him, as he took my hand in his and led me over to the balcony door that was now open. With the sunlight streaming through outside everything looked so wonderfully colourful, like a magic paintbrush had been at work making everything glow.
The sky was starting to cloud over and the sun kept going in and out, but I didn’t mind at all. The view from the balcony was so lovely, I was so pleased we were finally able to have a proper look out here. Looking across at the rosy colours of the hotel, with its architecture looking so splendid and almost castle-esque, I still could not quite believe all of this was real.

Rocky turned to me, his face looked almost sad as he began to talk “Ella, I wish I could give you all of this” he sounded so very sincere as he continued “I wish I could give you everything that you deserve in life, but all I have to offer you is my heart … my heart, and a promise that I will Love you with every breathe from now until the end of time”.

I was so shocked by his statement, why on earth would he think that I would ever want anything more than his love ? I gazed into his lovely bright blue eyes and simply replied “If I have your heart, then I am the richest doll in the whole world, I will never need or want anything more than you, by my side”.
Yes, OK more kissing followed, but you must admit that this was one of those kiss worthy moments … and its not like we had been quite as bad as yesterday anyway, had we ?
As a blanket layer of cloud covered the sky, and the sun seemed to disappear from sight, we carefully climbed up onto the top of the balcony. From there we could see the Disney castle towering over the skyline in the distance. We watched the branches of the trees gently blowing in the breeze, and the scurry of people coming in and out of the park below us. Somehow the world seemed a much smaller place, and even though all this was going on around us I felt that we were the only 2 people in the whole universe.
Rocky held me in his arms, I think that maybe he was a little concerned that my well documented clumsiness could have lead to me falling from the 4th floor, and even though he would never have admitted it, felt as though it was his job to protect me, even if only from myself.

It had been a magical day, a magical vacation in fact, I didn’t want it to end. The setting of Disneyland leant itself so very much to the romance and grandeur that had brought out the very best in Rocky & mines relationship. If I had to die in that moment, I would have done so happy in the knowledge that my life for the very first time, felt entirely perfect …. Well, perfect apart from that one little thing that was missing … a proposal from Rocky !

As I stood there in his arms, I so hoped that he would ask … ask me to marry him, to be his wife, and spend the rest of our lives together … but alas, it never came. And whilst I was slightly disappointed, I knew in my heart that one day he will ask me, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but one day he would ask me to be his for all of eternity !

No comments:

Post a Comment