Thursday 18 October 2012

Chapter 35 - "Ooops I Did It Again" - 18th October 2012.

Despite several warnings to the contrary, it seems I cant resist the temptation to play my hand at matchmaking again with a certain solumn fella. Can I help if it he just so happened to give me the PERFECT opportunity though ? ...

You can find the FULL story on my facebook blog here ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.152664451554930.35556.150797015075007&type=3
You can check out the music slideshow to this chapter on Youtube here ... http://youtu.be/7qpEnplHuGI

Chapter 35 - "Ooops I Did It Again".

I had a lot on my mind, with the events of yesterday running round and around in circles in my head. I hadn’t talked to Rocky about it all yet either, I wanted to, but somehow found the subject rather hard to bring up in general chit chat, especially considering we weren’t exactly planning on getting that serious yet, well he wasn’t but I was, about marriage that is, but not with the kids thing … if you get what I mean ? … Oh god, I cant even think straight about it all, so how was I ever going to be able to talk about it ? … help !

I decided that the best thing to do was to get a bit of exercise and change of scenery, to help try and clear my head, and hopefully get a little more perspective on things. I know it might seem a little like I’m jumping the gun a bit, and shouldn’t really be worrying about this now. And in a way that’s true, I could quite easily just try and forget about it, and deal with things as and when they come up. But somehow I was far too concerned, I mean, despite the fact of how much we adore one another, if Rocky and I truly want different thing in life, things that are rather mutually exclusive, and non-compatible, if they are things that there are no way to compromise on without the other having to make HUGE sacrifices, that could end up with one of us resenting the other in the long haul. … Well, then wouldn’t it be better to know now ? Before we become even more deeply involved and attached to one another ?

Oh I don’t know … I am so very much in love with the guy, I doubt it would be any more painful to split down the line, than it would be at the moment. I was so confused … and yet, even if I had decided to be brave and talk to him, I still didn’t know how I would ever broach the subject ?

I was so focused on my own personal torments and dilemmas whizzing round my mind, that to begin with I didn’t notice Jackson heading in my direction … but hey, wait a minute THAT’S Jackson !?! … what on earth has happened to him ? Those clothes are totally different to his usual look, and obviously aren’t his original set either, as I knew they had gone missing, plus weren’t anywhere near as sparkly as what I had seen his brother Sonny wearing.
“Wow, I love the new threads !” I declared ever so excitedly as he got near “Where’d you get them from then ?”.

He looked slightly embarrassed by my overly eager reaction to him, but honestly, he looked like a totally different guy. The suit had made him look so sombre and sad, and yet this ‘new look’ made him appear much more cheerful and approachable, even if only in appearances.

“Errr … Thank you” he replied quite timidly, he then cleared his throat a little as he continued a little nervously “It’s a ‘Beat It’ outfit … you see, Holly … well she sort of bought it for me … from ebay”.

“Oh how lovely” I couldn’t help but smile at how uncomfortable all the attention was making him feel. But the poor guy was gonna have to get used to that for a while, as I knew I wouldn’t be the only doll wondering about this sudden transformation !

I also was curious if it was Holly’s idea in the first place ? or had he asked her to get it ? I mean, you never know, this rather out of the blue interest in revamping his look, might have been brought on by a certain fair skinned Disney doll, who sings like a soprano ? Don’t you think ?
 “Oh dear” I said worriedly “It looks like the seam around the arm here has popped ! … oh what a shame !”

Jackson looked at me like he was a little shy about it, as he replied “Oh errr … yes, it was … like that when I got it” hmmm I wonder if he was surprised I had noticed ?
I then suddenly had a wonderful idea, as I stood back up I asked him rather excitedly “Would you like me to help you get it fixed ?”.

He now appeared rather shocked, but also touched by my earnest offer of assistance, I think he almost smiled as he replied “Oh … well, errr … that would be, errr … very decent of you Ella … if you’re sure it wont be any bother ?”.

“Not at all” I told him ever so sincerely.

The thing was though, I wasn’t being entirely truthful with what I had planned, I just wasn’t going to let on just yet, as I knew he would never have gone along with it had he been aware of everything that I was plotting.
I took his arm as we walked along back the way I had come from, there was a reason for what I was doing, I just had to make sure Jackson didn’t get wind of it, until it was too late.

“Come on this way” I declared as we made out way back to the lounge. I had decided to use a less forceful way of leading him than I had tried on Rocky the other day, as I knew that Rocky was much more patient and accepting of my funny little eccentric quirks than Jackson would be. But as long as it did the trick in the end, what did it matter how we got there anyway ?
It was when we turned the corner that I think Jackson started to get an idea what I was up to ! Now I know I had said I would stop matchmaking, and that was true, but this wasn’t REALLY technically matchmaking. All it was, was helping him to get his Jacket repaired … I mean, could I help it if the best person to do that just so happened to be his little songbird muse ?! … Ok, so perhaps it’s a bit flimsy, buts it’s the best I had, and in truth Blanche is an excellent seamstress.
As I was greeting the girls, Jackson glared in my direction rather worriedly as he muttered in a slightly miffed tone “Ella, what are you doing ?”

“Trust me” I replied a little forcefully “She is amazing at fixing clothes … and you said you wanted help with your jacket, so here it is !” I smiled at him sweetly, but even though he could not argue with my logic, still appeared wise to the sly way I had managed to turn things around to this end.

I still had hold of Jackson’s arm, so I knew he wasn’t going to manage to escape, well not without creating a scene that is, but that’s just not his style. So he was stuck with me and my little scheme whether he liked it or not.
Rai and Blanche instantly looked over to say “Hello”, and whilst Rai was looking at me, it was quite clear that Blanche’s eyes were occupied elsewhere, specifically with the guy I had standing alongside me. She seemed rather taken by his new look, which I thought was a very positive start to things.
“Oooh don’t you look dashing !” proclaimed Rai, as by now she was also taking in Jackson’s fancy new togs.

But Blanche and Jackson were a little oblivious to Rai’s comment, they literally could not take their eyes off one another, it was a tad shocking, considering the way she could hardly bear to catch his glance the last time they had seen one another. But now there was hardly any shy coy looks being exchanged, she appeared very taken with my music themed friend, and he in turn looked quite pleased by her reaction to his new look.
Well, enough of all this silence as Rai and I were feeling a little awkward so to keep up the pretence of my visit convincingly, I grabbed Jacksons other arm, pulling it behind his back so that I could reveal the tear in question, which was the whole point this entire charade hinged around.

As I explained the problem to Blanche, Jackson stared at me a touch annoyed, I guess he wasn’t so used to being manhandled by a girl doll. But even though he didn’t seem to appreciate my pulling him around, as he was a gentleman, he just reluctantly let me get on with it.
Blanche leaned closer to try and get a better look at the problem, she then said ever so sweetly “Well, I’m sure I can do something with it, but I will need to take a closer look at the jacket … if you don’t mind ?”. Her voice was so lovely, as she spoke I almost expected it to progress into a song.
I didn’t really give Jackson the opportunity to refuse, as I got to work straight away at removing the article in question from his person, as I whispered to him “See, I told you she would be able to help !”.
I think he was now feeling a little embarrassed by the way I was trying to do things for him, as he turned to me and said slightly sarcastically “Believe it or not Ella, I am quite capable of taking my jacket off on my own !!”.

OK, so ever so slight whoops there !… I backed away, finally realising that I had overstepped my bounds, as he continued the task without any further unwanted help or interference from me.
Jackson now gingerly approached Blanche, he came over a little shy as he said “Errr … here you go … anything you can do to help … well, that … that would be great … if its not too much trouble … that is ?”
Blanche timidly took the coat from his hand replying “No, that fine, I’m happy to help”.

Jackson then cleared his throat nervously as he thanked the sweet girl in front of him. Hmmm, I bet this was the first time these two had actually spoken to each other, but at least that was progress, and a HUGE step up from where they had started.
Blanche wasted no time in examining the area on the jacket that needed repair, I could almost hear the cogs whirring in her mind, I could see she was trying to figure out the best way to tackle this one. She really was very studious, and threw herself into any task wholeheartedly, although I has a sneaky suspicion that even more thought and effort would end up going in to this one … don’t you ?
I thought it might be a fairly long wait, and so kind of insisted that Jackson should sit himself down. Yeah I know, I really shouldn’t keep ordering him about like that, but he looked so uncomfortable just standing there, I knew he needed to relax, and everyone feels better when they sit down and have a rest for a while, don’t they.
He complied with my request, and sat himself on the bean cushion, he was however almost as far away as he could sit from Blanche. Maybe he didn’t want to crowd her, or was too shy to make an obvious move like sitting close ? But he still could not take his eyes off her, which was a much more telling sign than almost anything else he could have managed. Blanche kept almost glancing in his direction, she appeared far more timid about making eye contact again with him. But she seemed very aware he was observing her and kept blushing accordingly.
Obviously these two were going to need another little nudge in the right direction, and I knew just the thing “Jackson, would you mind scooting across a bit?” I asked trying to sound ever so innocent and unsneaky, but I am sure he knew exactly what my game was by the look he gave me “There’s not enough room for me on the end here” I continued trying to explain away my odd request with a reason that would at least sound valid, as I finished by playfully adding “I don’t take up much room, honest !”.
Once again Jackson gave in to my request, I was actually very surprised he had gone along with everything up until this point, he was a very stubborn kind of person and wasn’t the sort who would do anything that he didn’t REALLY want to. That gave me hope, as surely he would have gone a long ago had he not really wanted some kind of interaction with Blanche ?

As the four of us sat there, things didn’t exactly feel relaxed but they were less tense than they had been. Now they were finally closer together I was impressed how much Jacksons colourful t-shirt seemed to compliment the tones of Blanche’s Princess dress … it was almost as though it was intentional to match ? Awww how sweet ! I suddenly noticed though, how much Rai had also been observing everything that was taking place all this time. She keenly watched Blanche and Jackson, whilst shooting me the occasional sneaky look when anything interesting occurred in their rather reserved behaviour.
I think Rai realised that it was about time she lend a hand with all this, after all up until now she had left all the work up to me. She turned to Jackson and asked in an ever so cheerful manner “Don’t you think Blanche has an amazing singing voice Jackson? … we have all been trying to convince her how wonderful she is, and that she should give us all a proper performance, but she keeps insisting she’s not good enough for that … what do you think ?”.

Blanche was now looking at Rai rather shocked, and I smiled trying not to giggle at how to the point, and slightly obvious her enquiry had been. It reminded me a liitle of something that I might have come out with.

Jackson didn’t quite know what to say at first, he looked a little lost and fumbled around a bit saying “Oh errr … well … I don’t know really … performance is something you have to be … errr … ready for, and comfortable with … yes”. I think after he thought about it some more though, he realised that his comment could be taken in a way that made it sound like he thought she wasn’t very good at all, so nervously added “But there’s certainly talent there … from … what I heard, anyway”.
Rai had an ever so devious grin appear on her face as she carried on with her scheme saying “So do you think, maybe some singing lessons would be useful then ? … as I was just telling Blanche that’s probably what would help her the most”.

I could so see by the expression written across Blanche’s face that they had had no such conversation. Its just lucky that she was far too nice and shy to contradict anyone in that way, or else I think Rai may have ended up in a bit of a pickle after that one !
Jackson now addressed Blanche directly as he replied “If you would be interested, then … well .. I … I could help with that ? … The singing lessons that is ?”. He still looked so uncomfortable about talking to her, but in all honestly this is the chattiest, and happiest I had ever seen him, despite his obvious nervously strained behaviour.

Rai now had an enormous grin on her face as she glanced over at me in her triumph.
Blanche was certainly touched by the offer, as she shyly composed herself before making her response “I wouldn’t want to put you to any trouble”.

Jackson then looked like he may actually smile, as he turned more towards her and quietly answered “It’s the least I could do, to pay you back for your assistance, with my jacket repair”. He was sounding so much less worried, the awkward pauses appeared to have vanished, and he started to look so much more relaxed.

“Thank you, that would be lovely” replied Blanche, she was still so meek and quiet … I am so confused where that big booming singing voice comes from ?
It seems that Jackson was ever so keen to get started, and was already explaining about the importance of vocal warm ups, and proper exercise in the use of her voice to help improve her vocal range even further, as well as how vital it was to give it proper rest to reduce the risk or strain or injury. To be quite honest I didn’t really understand or take in most of what he was say, but he sounded so engrossed as he went on, it was a little funny, almost like he was talking about training her for sport, but when you think about it, I guess the voice is a muscle like anything else, and needs to be taken care of in the same kind of way it you plan on pushing to its limits.

I looked at Rai, and we both knew our work here was done, well for the moment at least !
Knowing that the next step was to give them some time alone, I stood up declaring “Oh I simply must get my joints moving, I don’t want to stiffen up from all this sitting” in truth that statement was utterly ludicrous, as I had only been seated for a few moments, but it was the first thing that came to mind, so I went with is as I continued saying “Rai, would you like to join me in a turn about the room ?”

She smiled in a way to let me know, she knew what I was up to, as she replied “Oh what a lovely idea, I was just about to suggest the same thing anyway” also giving me a crafty wink, I had to try ever so hard to control myself so I wouldn’t laugh.
We didn’t want to waste any time and so Rai hurried round to join me, as I turned to Jackson and said “I guess you are all sorted now … with the jacket, that is” oh dear that was nearly an obvious slip up, mental note, must be more careful what comes out of my mouth when I am being devious !
Jackson looked me straight in the eye, as he replied rather dryly “Yes … thank you .. I don’t think I require any more of your … help!”.

I could soooo tell he knew exactly what Rai and I had been up to all along, but its not like we had planned it or anything. We just worked with what we had, bending and twisting things to fit the situation as it developed, which all in all, had probably yielded much more success than my previous attempt could ever have.
Rai then said to Blanche “I’ll be back later then, when you two have finished” she was trying to not giggle, but we could all hear the joy and amusement of it all ring out loud in her voice. She then gave Blanche an, everything will be fine, look as we finally left them in peace to began our little walk.
I quietly turned to her stating rather playfully “I had no idea you were such a schemer!”

She sniggered as she replied “Well if needs must … and their pining was getting rather obvious, we had to do something, if only for our own sanity, so we didn’t have to continue watching all those longing glances, and their anguishing wait in the hopes the other would make the first move”. She then glowed with an almost happy aura, as she sighed and added “besides, I do love a good happy ending”.

Well I couldn’t argue with that one, and was rather pleased to see Rai had a lovely romantic side … hmmm if only I could find a guy for her ?
As we were about to leave their sight, we briefly looked behind again, for one last glimpse of our achievement. Well fancy that, they really don’t seem to need us anymore !
They pair of them looked so very sweet, and engrossed in their quiet conversation, in a way I wished I had been closer so I could hear what was being said. But I guess in reality it probably was more singing shop talk, in a way, it was much more fun to let my mind imagine all the lovely wonderful romantic things they could have been talking about. I was sort of picturing them as the Phantom and Christine from the stage show, well he is a tortured composer and she a sweet soprano, you have to see there is a slight similarity there … oh how agonisingly romantic that would be !
Rai then said to me “I think we can chalk that one up as a resounding success” she then sighed and playfully added “Our work here is done !”

“I guess” I replied, but somehow I wasn’t so convinced, as even though we had them off to a very good start, would either of them actually be brave enough to take things further ? Beyond the realms of friendship, and into the unknown scary territory of romance and love ? We’ll have to see, as I have a sneaky suspicion that these two were not out of the woods just yet !
My scheming friend and I finally left the unsuspecting love birds to it, so I asked her enthusiastically “So what are we going to do now then ?”.

Rai could not help but laugh, as she replied “Well … we could always try and find someone for Millie, or Serena for that matter ? … although god only knows who we could find to take on her strong willed personality ?”.

We both giggled as we strolled along, we were trying to come up with the most ridiculous and funny matchmaking pairs we could possibly think of. I was having so much fun, and this is just what I had needed to take my mind off my worries about Rocky and I. Maybe things wouldn’t be so bad after all, I mean, if I had managed to accomplish all that just now, with Jackson of all people, then surely my problems with Rocky weren’t insurmountable either !

No comments:

Post a Comment