Tuesday 7 July 2015

"An adventure climb across the bay !"

– North York Moors Summer Holiday 2015 –


Following on from yesterday's vacation snapshot ... During our day-trip to the pretty little fishing village of Staithes we spent ages exploring this scenic and interesting place.  After a while however, my stepsis and I were keen to rest our little plastic feet seeing as we'd walked around in heels all day.  Ouchy, I can’t speak for Marguerite, but my shoes were certainly a tad pinchy by this point, I must say.

So when we spotted these lobster pots stacked up along the sea wall whilst we were meandering along the opposite side of the bay, our husbands suggested THIS was the perfect place for us to sit and have a breather.  Thank heavens for that !! ... Or did those sneaky chappy's have an ulterior motive here after all ?  Hmmmmm ??

Personally I think they just liked the idea of having a climbing race to see who could reach the top first, because the certainly didn't do much SITTING themselves after they'd helped Margie and I climb up.  In fact, they seemed to treat it as some sort of assault cause challenge.  Deary me, hey, MEN !!

I must admit we had a wonderful view back across the bay from here though, and I guess as long as the guys were amused that left my stepsis and I to have a bit of a girly natter whilst we let the men-folk get on with their daft pursuit.

Thankfully my feet did recover enough to walk back up the BIG hill to the car as well.

If you're wondering who won the race though ? ... Ummmm, you know what, I have NO idea.  But Bruce and Rocky were BOTH in high spirits when they climbed back down again to us girls, so I'm sure it cant have been too bad either way.

More of my holiday photos to come another day ....


You can check out my blog about my life as a Disney doll, including many many photos of my adventures, on my facebook page here ... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ella-The-World-According-to-a-Disney-Doll/150797015075007

No comments:

Post a Comment