Monday 6 July 2015

"Exploration, a little history, and a day out by the seaside !"
– North York Moors Summer Holiday 2015 –



It wouldn't have been a summer vacation without the obligatory trip to the seaside, would it ?  So my hubby, stepsis, new bruv-in-law, and I decided to tag along with our human master for the day to explore the pretty little seaside village of Staithes during our moorland getaway.

Sadly the tide was out when we arrived, and the sun had decided to hide itself away too.  But as you can see it was still a lovely picturesque place to visit none the less. 

Apart from admiring the scenery though, Staithes has a rather interesting historical tie too as it happens.  Because it's most famous former resident, James Cook the explorer, worked in Staithes as a grocer's apprentice from 1745-46, and it is said that THIS is where he first gained his passion for the sea.

My partners in crime and I certainly had a bit of the James Cook spirit in us during our adventurous exploits of this quaint little fishing village, I must say.  But then, it's not like us dolls get to visit such interesting places every day, is it ?  So we were determined to make the most of this outing whilst we could !!

I'll show you another piccy of one of the MANY daft endeavours which we got up to in Staithes another day though ;) ....


You can check out my blog about my life as a Disney doll, including many many photos of my adventures, on my facebook page here ... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ella-The-World-According-to-a-Disney-Doll/150797015075007

No comments:

Post a Comment