Thursday 9 July 2015

"Trains, trains, and more trains - A museum excursion !"

– North York Moors Summer Holiday 2015 –


On the penultimate day of our summer vacation, the four of us decided to tag along with our human master to visit the National Railway Museum in York.  To say that my train and vehicle loving husband was excited about this was be a GROSS understatement.  Plus Bruce was similarly keen as well now that I think about it.  Boy's and their toys, hey.

My stepsister and I knew this wasn't exactly a girly pursuit, but we were keen to embrace our hubby's interests none the less.  In actual fact though, the whole thing was far more interesting than we expected, and I was overwhelmed by the sheer size and scale of some of the trains on display.  The big black one on the poster behind Rocky in this photo was absolutely huge in real life, and I mean HUGE, even to a human.  When the lord and master stood alongside one of those red wheels it was STILL taller than she was ... My word !!  I personally felt even more tiny than normal after seeing that one, I tell ya.  But then, 12" is nothing compared to the size of the engines.

I think it's safe to say that the lads had a whale of a time getting to poke about and see all the trains up close.  Some of the highlights included getting to see the famous 'Stephenson's Rocket', riding on a simulator which recreated the record breaking 'Mallard' 126mph fastest steam train run from 1938 (A world record which still stands today), plus getting to see the actual royal carriages which were built for and used by Queen Victoria herself .... Oooooh, hey.

All in all we had a fab day out, and it was certainly a memorable adventure to look back on, as we were starting near the end of this fun holiday of ours.  Awwwwww ... It's wasn't quite over yet though ...


You can check out my blog about my life as a Disney doll, including many many photos of my adventures, on my facebook page here ... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ella-The-World-According-to-a-Disney-Doll/150797015075007

No comments:

Post a Comment