Monday 10 September 2012

Chapter 11 - "Ooh La La !" - 10th September 2012.

I got a little more than I bargained for when visiting Rocky today, including a rather nice eyeful of his muscular physique !! ... Ooh la la indeed !! ...

You can find the FULL story on my facebook blog here ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.151030068385035.35133.150797015075007&type=3
You can check out the music slideshow to this chapter on Youtube here ... http://youtu.be/LNslS26AVjA


Chapter 11 - "Ooh La La !".

I spent a large portion of the weekend worrying and wondering. First of all I was worried if had really upset Rocky during Movie Night on Friday, and secondly I was wondering what on earth it was that he was trying to say to me before Calamity’s untimely interruption just before the film started? He had seemed so flustered and unable to get his words out properly that I knew it must be something that was important, well important to him at least. And after I accidently told him that he was disturbing me during the movie, which was basically about as tactful as telling him to “shush” or “be quiet”, I really started to worry. I mean, what I had not considered at the time was what if he had tried to talk to me during the film because he wanted to continue the, whatever it is, important discussion? Perhaps the poor guy was so worried about it that he was unable to wait to finish what he was saying, after all, I didn’t really give him much of a chance to find out why when he was whispering to me behind Calamity, did I ?

I felt awful, I wanted to talk to Rocky about the events of Friday evening on Saturday, but I was weighed down by so much guilt that I lost my nerve and could not face him. On Sunday I tried to find him, but I think he may have been avoiding me as I couldn’t see him anywhere I looked. All that did was make me feel even worse, if he was avoiding me it had to be because of what I had done!

I couldn’t take it any more and so today I decided enough with being silly about it, I was just going to go up to him and talk to him and see what happened from there. After asking Rio, he sent me in the direction of the kitchen where he said Rocky was most likely working on one of the doll cars, and that is exactly where I found him, underneath a propped up Barbie jeep.


I gingerly approached him, still not really sure of what I was going to say, at one point I nearly lost my nerve and started to walk away, but then I realised that was not fair to him and so crept back across the room hoping that he had not seen me flustering around, I tried to sound a bit casual whilst feeling very sheepish as I said

“Hi Rocky”

I must have startled him as I had not even finished the “Hi” bit before I heard a loud bang noise and his head hit the underside of the car that he was laying under! Oh dear, this was really not a good start, maybe it would have been better if I hadn’t have done this now but it was not like I had a choice now that he knew I was there.

“Arrrrwww” he groaned and clutched his forehead for a second “Ella? … god, you made me jump” he exclaimed, I was surprised that he did not sound at all cross in his voice, although it could have been that he was too stunned to really know what was going on.

“I’m sorry, I … I … I didn’t think … sorry” I replied not really knowing what on earth I should say after I had made such a clumsy mistake.

“No worries” he said “I don’t normally get visitors while I’m working, so you kinda took me by surprise”

There was a long silence next, I knew it was probably my turn to say something but I was feeling so stupid that I just stood there like an idiot.
“Can you hand me that fork, please Ella?” he asked, I was just glad that one of us had enough sense to break the silence.

I sat down and passed the tool over to him and continued to sit and watch as he worked. I had found myself in a bit of a pickle, I hadn’t got a clue how to talk to him about the events of Movie Night after making such a fool of myself but, its not like I could just say “Bye then” and walk off. I was kind of stuck.

As I watched Rocky work away underneath the car I got a little fascinated by what he was up to, infact I found it so distracting that I did start to forget about my silly behaviour at the start of my visit.

I lay down to get a better look at what was happening and even managed to get out a few words

“Is there anything I can do to help?” I asked hoping that perhaps I could redeem myself.

“No, that's ok Ella, I’ve nearly got it sorted” he replied, sounding a little strained in his voice as he worked.

“Aha got it” he joyfully stated. “that should do for the moment, it was probably time for a break anyway” he continued and promptly slid out from under the car.

He was grinning like a cheshire cat as usual but again I just sat there not knowing what to say …

It was only when he stood up that I realised what I had found so distracting, he wasn’t wearing a top, infact he was, to all intensive purposes, naked from the waist up!! I was quite startled and felt my mouth slightly gape as I stared at him. I had never seen a male doll with no clothes before, and suddenly felt a rush of embarrassment come over me, as my face flushed pink, and I suddenly felt rather warm and flustered.

I did not like to admit it to myself, but I found this look on him rather attractive, so down to earth and natural, so handsome, sooo ….. I could feel myself starting to swoon and so felt even more self conscious and my face felt even redder.

“Sooo, what can I help you with then?” Rocky asked, he sounded so much more playful than when he had been under the car and I could tell by the tone of his voice that he was very curious about my visit.

I tried to compose myself, but I still found his present state of dress very distracting. He was looking at me patiently waiting for a response, but I could barely remember what he had asked, as my mind was more focused on the shapes of the muscles down his torso.

In the end I gave myself a mental slap around the face to try and knock me out of it, and finally managed to speak

“I just wanted to come and apologise” I blurted, he looked at me blankly and clearly had not got a clue what I was talking about. “about Friday night” I continued starting to feel awkward again. “You know, .. Movie ... Night …. When I said you were disturbing me during the film”

He looked a little surprised by my declaration. and I could feel a lump starting to build in my throat, as I felt the need to expand on my apology

“It was very rude of me, and I don’t know what I was thinking, it just sort of popped out of my mouth before I even realised it, and I really didn’t mean to have a go like that, and I’m really sorry and ..” I was rambling incoherently, talking so fast without even stopping, as I was a little scared to stop, as that would mean I would actually have to find out what he thought about it ? and if he did infact accept my rather feeble attempt at saying sorry?

Before I could actually finish what I was waffling on about, Rocky interrupted me rather forcefully with

“Ella … stop” he had a concerned and yet caring look on his face as he came closer to me “you don’t need to say anything, you didn’t do anything wrong … I’m not offended”

I felt rather self conscious again, and a bit confused, I wondered if he was just being a gentleman and letting me off the hook? I could hardly even look him in the eyes as we stood there.

“But I …” I tried to say but was cut off almost straight away with his reply

“No buts, you were honest, and said what you were thinking at the time, I respect that” I could feel him getting ever closer to me as he continued and softly said “Besides, I was the one being a jerk. Who was disturbing you in the first place? its me who should be apologising!”

I was very touched by his comments and couldn’t help but smile, although I still think he was just being chivalrous.

As we stood there right beside one another, I was hoping for a change of conversation, but could not for the life of me think of anything else to say. It was while we were looking at each other that I started to get the idea, and could almost tell that Rocky was building up to something ... and I was about to find out what.

“Ella, theres something I have been meaning to talk to you about for a while now” he started, this sounded like a continuation of the talk he had started on Movie Night before Calam intervened. Although this time there was none of the awkward word fumbling, he seemed more sure of himself and I could hear the confidence ring in his voice.

“I was wondering, If maybe you would like to do something with me one evening? just the two of us?”.

I couldn’t quite believe this was REALLY happening and suddenly felt very shy, I coyly looked to the ground as my face reddened again, and I was trying to hide the big smile that had come over it. Unfortunately I think that he misinterpreted my reaction, and sort of backed away from me to give me a bit of space.

“Or not” he continued, sounding a little more unsure of himself “It’s .. totally up to you Ella, really … I don’t mind either way”

Rocky always seemed like such a gentleman, and never wanted to be the cause of any discomfort to anyone, although in this case it was not discomfort that I was feeling. I was shy and unsure of myself, and did not really know how I was supposed to react when faced with such a proposal?

I still could not look at him, but managed to finally reply

“That sounds a really lovely idea Rocky” I softly said, still feeling very self conscious, but also excited at the same time, as my pulse had started to race, “I’d love to” I finished. I glanced up at him for a brief moment and I think he had finally noticed the smile that I could not contain on my face, and he instantly started grinning from ear to ear.

“How about this Friday?” he enquired, almost unable to contain his joy.

“ok” I whispered in response, and again glanced in his direction, all I could see was one massive grin engulfing his entire face, it was clear that he was over the moon about the whole thing.

I still felt a bit awkward though and was not really sure what to do next, and so I decided that it was probably best to let Rocky get back to his work on the Jeep. Also to give myself a bit of time to process all of what had just happened.

As I bid him farewell he simply replied “until Friday, then” his eyes sparkled as he spoke and I could feel my face was still blushing from the events of this entire visit, for some reason the pinker my face went the more he smiled at me.

As I wandered away, I felt as if I were walking on air, I started humming to myself and swaying from side to side, at one point I think I even started skipping. It was a strange feeling, like an explosion of happiness inside my head, everything seemed rather day dreamy for the rest of the day and I couldn’t manage to concentrate on anything for more than a few moments without replaying our conversation in my head.

Was I making too much of it all ?? Perhaps, but after all, this was the going to be my very first date so I was going to make the most of it! ……. Although …. I suddenly had a rather disturbing thought, I hadn’t got a clue what I was doing! And I have no idea what to expect! I now felt anxious at how unprepared I was for such a potentially massive life altering event … what should I do ??

I tried to kick those thoughts out of my mind and it didn’t take long before the floaty/dreamy feeling returned, but there was still that little niggle in the back of my my mind that I just couldn’t shake.


No comments:

Post a Comment