Saturday 15 September 2012

Chapter 16 - "If She Knew What She Wants ?" - 15th September 2012.

It's the morning after my wonderful 1st date with Rocky, and my little plastic head is STILL up in the clouds and full of dreamy romance ♥ ... Mmmmmm ...

You can find the FULL story on my facebook blog here ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.151088521712523.35154.150797015075007&type=3
You can check out the music slideshow to this chapter on Youtube here ... http://youtu.be/VLezynAiJqc

Chapter 16 - "If She Knew What She Wants ?"

Just as I had predicted, I was unable to sleep a wink all night long. I tossed and turned and my mind raced, I kept replaying every moment from the evening over and over again in my head, every look he gave me, the excited sensation of every time we touched, and how overjoyed I had felt when Rocky had told me he was falling for me. It was perfect, the perfect night, the perfect date, the perfect start to our relationship.

I was so very tired and yet every time I closed my eyes I could see a clear image of us dancing to “Lady In Red”, his arms wrapped around me so tightly. I pictured every curve and line of Rocky’s handsome face as he had smiled at me, how his eyes had sparkled and his cheeks glowed in the warm romantic lamp light.


It was pretty obvious by now that I was utterly smitten with the guy, and as I lay there imagining what our wonderful perfect, happily every after life might be like together, I blushed with the realisation that I was starting to get a bit ahead of myself. The dust had not even settled from our date yet, so it was a little soon to start planning our Wedding! Yes, I know it was silly to be thinking about such thinks already, but I couldn’t help it, I thought of what a handsome groom Rocky would make and pictured his face looking at me lovingly as I walked down the aisle and into his arms forever.

OK, this was starting to get out of control, I had to snap myself out of this daydream and come down to earth, where in reality Rocky and I were no where near that stage yet, and in truth it was only at that moment when I even started to consider the possibility that he may not actually be looking for that sort of relationship anyway ? After all he was a 29 year old doll, who despite having been outnumbered over the years by many beautiful Barbie, and various other types of female fashion dolls, had yet to settle down with anyone. Maybe he isn’t the marrying kind ? As I started to feel a little sad, I realised that I was at it again, oh gosh I need help!! I have got to stop living in the tomorrows and come back to the present, I will just see what happens and where things naturally lead on there own. Yeah, like I’m really going to be able to manage that … well I had to give it a go at least.
I still had Rocky’s jacket with me, the one that I had borrowed to keep warm on our journey back from the dining room last night. As I sat there I held it tightly in my arms, I caressed the soft velvety texture and could not resist breathing in deeply the masculine aroma of ‘my guy’ that still lingered on the fabric. I could not stop thinking about him and was desperately wishing that he was here with me now so that I could tell him once again how wonderful he truly is.
I was so caught up in my own little world that I did not notice the arrival of my two best friends until they had startled me slipping down either side of me on the sofa smiling with such mischievous curiosity as they asked.

“Well, how’d it go then ?” I could tell that they were dying to know every thing that had happened and were not going to leave until they had extracted every last juicy detail.

“It was wonderful” I replied feeling ever so slightly shy but still unable to stop my face from grinning ear to ear dreamily as I spoke.

“We’s gownna needs mowre than thayt” responded Calamity in her usual blunt, state the obvious, kid of manner “We need to knows awll them details, an you knows you wanna teyll us really anyways, so spiyll ???”

I sat there for a moment a little shocked by the overly direct way in which Calam had spoken, there was no beating around the bush with her, she got right to the point and always said what she thought no matter how unsubtle or inappropriate at the time.

As it happened though, I was so unbelievably happing inside that I was bursting to let it out, and so did not have much of a problem when it came down to describing to my nearest and dearest girl-pals all that had taken place throughout Rocky and mines magical evening together.

They sat so quietly as I described at great length every moment of the most romantic, wonderful night of my life. They were hanging so much on every word I spoke that you could have heard a pin drop as I finished talking, it was as though it took them a few extra seconds to take it all in, or they were perhaps a little taken by the dreamy gooey eyed expression that was written all over my face as I spoke ?

Jem and Calam looked at each other for a brief second and Clam put her arms around my shoulder leant in close and asked with such a cheeky tone of utter curiosity it was as though she would die if he did not find out the answer immediately.

“But the ‘BIYG’ quyestion is … Did he kiyss ya??”.

Jem looked so shocked and almost rolled her eyes at the total lack of tact that Calam had displayed in asking the question, even though I pretty much figured she had been wondering the exact same thing herself anyway.

I felt a little embarrassed about answering such an intimate question and bowed my head and started to fidget a little, playing the with the sleeve on Rocky’s jacket uncontrollably as I softly and shyly whispered “no” as my reply.

Obviously this kissing thing was a bit of a big deal, for me and them. I wasn’t sure if they were just curious about how much of a gentleman Rocky had actually been on our date ? Or if it was that they had just expected more to happen between us on a intimate personal level? But either way, I felt a little pressured and even started to wonder myself if there was another reason besides chivalry why Rocky had not kissed me last night? as its not like he didn’t have plenty of opportunities. And the fact that my friends had expected us to kiss too, made me start to doubt things even more.

Upon seeing how blatantly distressed I was by the line of questioning Jem put her arm around me and said in a reassuring tone.

“Don’t sweat the kissing thing Ella, it’ll happen when you are both good ‘n’ ready” I was starting to calm down just a little as she continued “In truth Rio and I didn’t kiss until we were Married, but things were a bit different back then and we did have a bit of a whirlwind romance and Married very young.” I listened intently as Jem spoke, I was quite surprised by her declaration and secretly hoped that I would not have to wait ‘that’ long for Rocky to kiss me. Jem finished her little advice/comforting talk by simply saying “But what suits some people wont suit others, there’s not a timetable that you have to follow when if comes to the speed at which a relationship takes shape, for some people it takes years to feel comfortable around one another whilst others take days or even hours … Just follow your heart and just let things develop at their own pace and you will never go wrong”.

Jem was so wise when it came to matters of the heart, and she was right, in truth, what did it matter if Rocky had not kissed me last night ? I am not sure that I was really quite ready for that anyway thinking about it, even though I might have said otherwise had you asked me when Rocky had held me close yesterday. And rather than questioning him, I really should be praising him for is unwavering gentlemanly conduct despite the fact that he surely must have really wanted to kiss me during our intimate moments of the evening. To his credit, he never once put an ounce of pressure on me to try and force things along further. In essence that shows exactly how much respect he really does have for me, which is much more important in the long run than a sloppily rushed inappropriate kiss, surly ?

As the girls saw my demeanour return to the happy floaty daydreaming smile that had been so apparent when they had arrived they smiled so sweetly at me and Calam put her arm around me once again, but this time she simply said.

“Sees I’s done tol’ you t’would awll be alright … Rocky’s a fiyne genteelmanly dowll, an you treats hiym right an eveythiyng ‘ll come up roses, yous jus’ wait”.

I smiled at her confidence in me and felt reassured by the fact that my friends clearly thought that Rocky and I were perfect for each other, and had a real chance of a future together. It was in that instant as I smiled that tears started rolling down my face, I was so happy, so very much had happened in the last 24 hours or so that I couldn’t hold it in any longer, the cork was out of the bottle and there was no way it was going back in.

My friends looked at each other and then at me with that “Awww Ella” look that was a mixture of sympathy and happiness as they both came close and hugged me tightly. They knew that I was not crying with sadness and so just smiled at me sweetly and seemed to genuinely happy that, for now at least, everything had turned out exactly how everyone had hoped.

I sat there feeling so loved, I thought again of ‘My Rocky’ and couldn’t help but ask myself, when would I see him again ? And more importantly, would he still feel the same about me in the light of day ?




No comments:

Post a Comment