Thursday 6 September 2012

Chapter 9 - "Hold Me, Thrill Me" - 6th September 2012.

A few of the gang enjoy a little indoor picnic before the autumn weather sets in, but why do I get the feeling theres MORE going on here than I'm fully aware of ?  Hmmmm ?? ...

You can find the FULL story on my facebook blog here ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.151025981718777.35128.150797015075007&type=3 
You can check out the music slideshow to this chapter on Youtube here ... http://youtu.be/BVb-6u-ZnqE

Chapter 9 - "Hold Me, Thrill Me".

As Summer is virtually gone and Autumn will soon be upon us Jem decided that it would be a nice idea to have one last picnic before the weather really starts turning. I also thought it was the perfect opportunity to wear the cute little spotted summer dress that Holly had found for me in with all her old childhood doll clothes. You would be suprised how hard it is to find clothes that actually fit me as my body shape is drastically different to that of the 80's Barbies that Holly played with when she was little, but for some reason this dress (which actually had virtually never really been used, probably because it didn't really fit the Barbies) was perfect for me.

Now, on the actual day of the picnic it turned out that the weather was in the end a little too windy and cold for us to actually venture outside, which to be honest I was a little disappointed about as I had never actually been out in the back garden yet. Jem however was not deterred in her plans and decided instead that we would have our picnic in the Conservatory, after all it was much warmer in there and the wind could not possibly get to us, but it was nice and light inside which gave a bit of an outdoorsy feel, or so I am told.

Jem had also invited Rocky along on our outing, I guess it was so that Rio did not feel so outnumbered by girly chat, he seemed to be quite pleased to be there though, smiling away as usual.

We set up the picnic blanket on the green carpet as thats as close as we would be getting to anything grassy like inside and all sat around enjoying the tea and chit chat. I could hear the birds twittering in the trees just outside, I was quite suprised how much noisier it was outside than in the house, you certainly could hear a lot more of the wildlife and outdoors goings on.


After we finished the tea and packed away all the china safely in the picnic hamper Jem and Rio seemed kind of sleepy. She lay back on the picnic rug, her long hair flowing down her shoulders. Today Jem had decided to wear more of her hair down than usual, her blond locks were shorter inside the slightly pinky toned longer hair that normally she had pushed back inside her hat, but obviously today she had felt like a change. I thought it looked very pretty all down, and I had told her so earlier in the day.

Anyway, as Jem and Rio lay back relaxing and taking in the surroundings etc Rocky and I started to feel like a 5th wheel. We sat there awkwardly not really knowing what to say or do and we really did not want to disturb what appeared to be a rather romantic moment between the happliy married couple.

After what seemed like an eternity but in actual fact was probably only a few brief seconds Rocky asked if I would like to go for a walk, I accepted without a moments thought and so we got up and wandered off to give the others a bit of time to themselves.

I didn't really know where I was going but headed over to this rather fascinating table that I had been admiring from our picnic spot. Its base was a mixture of tangled wooden threads that looked so pretty and yet so wild and untamed at the same time.

"I guess this is the closest I am going to get to a tree in here!" I exclaimed, fascinated by the branch like tenticles that I was holding.

"actually its a root" smirked Rocky with his usual cheesey grin.

He then seemed to worry that his remark may have offended me and continued in a rather guilty sounding fashion "but of course, roots are from trees ... so in reality I guess, it is ... sort of ... a tree ......... yeah"

I really could not undertand why he was worried as I had not taken offence to his initial comment anyway, so I found it a little odd and a teensy bit funny that he seemed so concerned about it now.

He looked very fidgetty and nervous again, shifting about and could not stand still and he obviously hadn't got a clue what else to say to me. He was probably worried he might say something else which might offend me.

I decided to just continue as if nothing had happend as this silence was a bit uncomfortable and his shifting about was making me start to feel on edge.

"shame its not bigger" I said

"what?!!??" his response was a little startled, it made me wonder what he thought I was referring to?

"the root" I replied "shame the roots not bigger, then we could have climbed it"

"Oh" he seemed to finally get what I meant, in the space of a few moment he had gome from looking nervous to looking embarassed.

"What did you think I meant?" I cant beleive I said that!! withought even thinking, great lets make the poor guy feel even worse shall we, nice work Ella, I thought straight after the words had left my lips.

"Oh ... well, I errrr .... never mind, its not important really .... so you want to climb a tree hey?" He rambled a bit and quickly changed the subject, and in reality I was glad that he had.

"Well, I've never actually climbed a tree before" was my reply, hoping that this progress had finally signalled the end of all the awkardness.

"I'm afraid theres not much in the way of trees in here" he replied "But if you come with me I think I know of the next best thing"

And with that we walked off across the Conservatory.

We were in no hurry to get anywhere so just meandered along at a pleasant pace. I asked Rocky about that strange fabric pyramid shape accross the other side of the room and he explained that it was Calamity's place.

Supposedly even though she's a cowgirl, her spot was a native american style wigwam, probably reminds her of her cowgirl days? I guess being an outdoorsy type of girl that its probably better sleeping out here than indoors ? I guess, although personally I like the comforts of inside the house.

As soon as Rocky pointed out where we were headed I ran over and found a spot to sit inside. It was a table and chair set that was made out of bamboo cane so had a branchy tree like effect to it, well, it was probably the best we were going to get indoors so I was pleased enough to find it.

Rocky finally caught up to me, I think my rather sudden quick spurt had taken him by suprise, but when he arrived at our makeshift cane tree house he seemed grinning from ear to ear at me sitting so comfortably inside. Not that I was really suprised by this I mean, after all its Rocky, he's always smiling.

He came inside and sat with me on the strut of one of the chairs, I imagined it to be a low down tree branch that was hidden within the imaginary tree's structure.

"So what do you think?" asked Rocky, although I think he knew he did not need to ask as he could surely tell that I was enjoying our little mini-adventure so far.

"Its wonderful" was my reply "thankyou".

"No problem" he responded, for a brief second he looked a little shy but then continued "So are you ready for the climb?".

Before I had even had time to respond he had sprung up and was climbing up the inside of the table structure. I ran outisde to watch and felt a little shocked but also impressed with the ease in which he undertook his climbing task.
Only a matter of moment later and Rocky's head peered out near the top of the table, he appeared to be up so high, I hope he doesn't fall!?

"Are you coming up then" he shouted down "or do you need me to come down and get you ?"

That sounded like a challenge to me!

There was no way that I was going to let him think that I was a helpless doll that always needed rescuing, so with great intrepidation I grabbed onto one of the cane struts and started to climb and pull myself up.

I was so slow and a bit wobbly and unstable but I was not going to give up, I was going to do this all by myself. I could feel Rocky's presence close, he was watching me very closely and I am sure would have jumped in quick as a flash if I had got in any real trouble, but it was nice to see that he would let me try and do it on my own.

I finally reached the top and felt a little unsteady trying to balance my feet in the gaps between the fanned out canes, but Rocky put his arm around my shoulder and said

"Dont worry, I've got you, ... you wont fall" he smiled and I hoped he was at least a little impressed by me managing the climb all alone without his assistance.

My heart was pounding and I felt a rush from the exhilaration of the climb but I also felt safe and protected as he held onto me.

We just stayed there, looking out at the view accross the conservatory. We didn't feel the need to say anything and this was the first time that we had felt comfortable with the silence.

And then we saw something ...

Waving at us from the other side of the room were Jem and Rio. Obviously their sleepy post-picnic tiredness had worn off.

They seemed very enthusiastic in their gestures and I could tell they were grinning at us even from this distance.

I dont know why but Rocky and I felt a little on display with them watching and so we pulled further apart as we waved back at our friends. Luckily by now I had easily found my balance and so was no longer relying on him to help keep me from falling.
When we had finished waving Rocky and I looked at each other, almost a little sad as I said

"I suppose we had better be heading back then ?"

He seemed a little resigned to the fact as he replied "Yeah .. they're probably waiting for us"

I had this overwhelming feeling of sorrow that our time here had come to an end, I was having such a lovely day and really I just wanted us to stay there forever. Obviously that was neither possible or remotely practical. So we started to head back down the table.

Climbing down seemed a lot harder and more difficult than in had been going up and it was not helped by the time pressure I felt feeling as if Jem & Rio were waiting for us. I therefore did not object when Rocky offered to help me down.

As he lifted me down I noticed how strong he was, it seemed almost no effort at all for him, almost as if I was as light as a feather. I did not feel the least bit frightened in his arms as he gradually and gently lowered me to the ground.

As I finally reached the floor there was one brief moment, a moment where I was in has arms and I felt complete. I could have lived inside that moment, It was safe and warm almost like I was home.

My pulse quickened and I found it hard to catch my breath as Rocky looked at me it felt like I had really seen him for the first time, his happy smiley face and eyes that seemed to imply that everything in the world was going to be wonderful and happy.

Now this moment that felt like it could last for an eternity, was in actual fact a brief second where my mind had been racing a mile a minute. As he let go and stood back at a respectable gentlemanly distance I felt a little gooey inside.

"I guess we had better head back then" were the only words he uttered as he glanced away and over to our awaiting friends.

Our pace was a little quicker on our return walk, but not so quick as neither of us was really in THAT much of a hurry.

When we neared the picnic area Rio came out with one of his implying comments

"So what have the pair of you been up to then?" he wiggled his eyebrows in rather a suggestive manner as spoke.

Rocky and I both looked at each other for a micro-second and then blushed. I dont know why, as in reality nothing had happened, but obviously his comment tapped into something inside us both.

Jem, seeing our discomfort, gave Rio a friendly slap on the arm and a look that basically told him, without the use of any words, that he had better cut it out right now. Which he seemed to get the message, although still had that suspicious looking grin of his face.

Rocky sat down next to Rio and I placed myself besides Jem so as to not rouse any further comments or suspicions, although in the end I do wonder if that was actually more suspicious than sitting next door to each other would have been.

I dont know why I am worrying about this? As, like I said before, nothing happened anyway ... so really there is nothing to be suspicious about .... right ?

As we sat and pleasantly chatted with our friends Rocky and I seemed to keep glancing over at one another. Every time my eyes met his he smiled even more and I could feel a little pink flush in my cheeks. I wondered if Jem and Rio had noticed ?

This was getting silly ..... nothing happened !?!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment