Friday 21 September 2012

Chapter 20 - "Falling Into You" - 21st September 2012.

Whilst Rocky and I enjoy a relaxing bike ride together, events take an INTERESTING turn indeed due to my own daft clumsiness, and HIS sarky teasing sense of humour ... Where that brought us and our relationship in the moment though, was rather surprising to tell the truth ...

You can check out the music slideshow to this chapter on Youtube here ... http://youtu.be/oslISkKoKSc

Chapter 20 - "Falling Into You".

Feeling there was a desperate need for us to spend some much less pressured time together, Rocky took me for a nice relaxed ride on the scooter around the Conservatory today. He was giving it a test run having had some recent problems, and wanted to check if he had sorted them out properly. Personally I think he just liked the idea of having me sitting behind, holding onto him tightly as we whizzed along, but I must admit it did feel nice and cosy with the two of us huddled together on the little seat.

I think it must have been on our 5th circuit of the room when Rocky suddenly stopped and looked back towards me. I think I know what’s coming here, I thought to myself, this is just like what he did with the jeep on our date.

“Would you like to give it a try Ella ?” he asked enthusiastically “Yeah, course you would” he replied for me before I had even really had time to think about answering myself !

I thought he was making a pretty big assumption there, and would have got a little miffed, but then he was being so cute and playful about it that I didn’t have the heart to let him down, so gave a “Ummm ... o-k, I guess” sort of reply in return.

When we dismounted the scooter, I suddenly remembered that I was wearing my long pink gown, and started to wonder if it was going to cause any problems and get caught in the wheels or something ? I asked Rocky if I could just pop upstairs and change, but he gave me an ‘I will never understand Women and clothes’ kind of look.

“You’ll be fine like that, honest” he said smiling “We’ll just make sure its not flapping too much or in the way of the wheels … and besides its pink, so will match the bike”.

Pink ?!? … I think he thought he was being helpful and supportive but honestly, only a guy would think that the pink of my dress was anything remotely like the salmony colour of that scooter … Men !!

I was rather nervous as I climbed onto the bike, with Rocky standing there helping to support me so that it would not tip over.

“I’m not sure about this” I declared sounding rather wimpish.

“There’s nothing too it, trust me” replied Rocky reassuringly “In some ways its very much like the car, but the main difference here is you have to remember to keep you balance ..” As Rocky continued to talk me through what to do, I was once again reminded of our date where he had taught me to drive, he was always so patient and never seemed to mind me asking silly questions if I had not quite understood things properly. It made me feel very safe, although in this instance it was not like Rocky was going to be alongside me in case I had a problem after I started, which made me worry all the more.

He held onto me tightly, making sure the scooter didn’t fall, right up until I pulled the throttle and it leaped forwards … I was off. It was quite hard to control at first, the bike kept wobbling and I felt somewhat uneasy in my balance, but I hadn’t fallen off just yet, which was a good sign at least for the moment, anyway.
As I continued on, I started to get a little more confident, and glanced behind asking Rocky “How am I doing ?”.

“Errr great Sweetheart” he replied, sounding slightly amused and concerned “but you may want to watch where you are going !!”.

Oh god, I’m such an idiot !


 It was just sheer luck that when I turned my head to the front again, I noticed I was heading straight for the footstool! I swerved just in time, and nearly lost my balance, as the bike started to wobble more, causing it to turn right back on itself. I was feeling right out of my depth, and as though I was about to either crash, or fall off, and neither would have been a good thing … eeek !!
Luckily as I hadn’t gone too far, Rocky had caught up to me by now and grabbed the bike, and caught me just in time before I could fall. He is always there to rescue me just when I need it, so strong, in control, and aware of everything around him, a stark contrast to my obliviousness to everything, that was constantly getting me into sticky situations like this.

Anyway, I could see that he found the whole thing rather funny, but was desperately trying not to laugh, and just smiled, asking if I was ok ?

“Umm .. I .. errr think I preferred the car” I replied, feeling a little shaken from the whole experience. Rocky seemed to find my comment rather amusing, he chuckled and agreed that, yes I did in fact seem to have a better knack for the 4 wheel vehicles than the scooter. Maybe for the moment I should just stick with cars ? I thought to myself.

I was still feeling a little light headed when I started to climb off the bike, which is perhaps why I did not notice that as it touched the floor, my foot became somehow entangled in the bottom of my dress. When I started to try and move, I therefore slipped over, sending the scooter backwards, and I went flying forward, knocking Rocky for six as I fell !

Even though it all happened in a split second at the time, it was as though everything was going in slow motion, like I was watching these events unfold but was powerless to stop them. I just remember thinking at the time “Oh no !! What a clumsy idiot” as I fell.

Rocky hit the floor with a thud, and then to make matters worse, I landed rather heavily right on top of him. We were both a little shocked and startled by the whole turn of events, and neither of us moved, or even breathed for a moment, while our heads tried to catch up with the realisation of what had just happened.
When I finally came to my senses, I was mortified that once again I had been such a clumsy oaf. But I was more concerned about Rocky at this point, than I was about feeling sorry for myself.

“Ohhh, I’m so sorry, are you ok ?” I asked worriedly caressing his head, hoping for a response so that I would know that he had survived the ordeal unbroken.

“Awwwrrrrr” Rocky groaned a little “Just give me a sec” he said sounding a little strained, and still in shock from it all.

By now I was starting to get a little more concerned, as I looked at him I was so anxious and full of regret, but he stared back at me rather dreamily. It would actually have been quite a romantic moment, had it not been overshadowed by all the clumsiness and worry. I really could not take all this waiting to find out if he was ok though, even if it had only been just a few moments since we had fallen.

“You’re not hurt are you ?” I lovingly had to ask again “you hit your head quite hard when you landed”

“And everywhere else !” he added dryly, still sounding a little groggy.


 I had a sick feeling starting to build in the pit of my stomach, what had I done ? This could be serious, what if Rocky was hurt badly, what if he .. he .. I could hardly even let myself think it, but was suddenly reminded of Jackson and the heartbreak he suffered when his love became broken beyond repair!

I tried to get him to sit up a little, hoping that it may help him get his bearings and clear his head.

“How do you feel now ?” I enquired, my questions were becoming so sheepish, as I got more and more concerned with every moment that passed.

“Woah, a little dizzy” he replied, his face looking a little odd and spacey “and everything appears to be covered in yellow spots” I gasped in horror at this statement, unable to speak, with only a few words going round and around in my head .. Oh my god !! … what have I done ??

Then Rocky started to grin at me, playfully adding “But perhaps just the sight of this gorgeous Angel in front of me will be the cure ?”

“Ohhh … you … that was mean !!” I protested, giving him a gentle slap on the shoulder, and starting to feel even more gullible than normal while he sat there laughing.

“Are you really ok ?” I asked, still feeling a little sulky that I had once again been played.

“Yes I’m fine my Darling, honestly” he replied lovingly, but still looking a little too pleased with himself for my liking.

If he thinks that by calling me ‘his Darling’ that will make any difference then, well who am I kidding here, in truth of course it did. I absolutely adored it when he used those loving pet names in reference to me, it made me feel as though I was extra special in his eyes, and I came over all gooey inside.

I wasn’t however going to let on that I had let him off that easily, and did my best to try and look a little miffed as we sat there in silence.

“I’m sorry Sweetheart” he continued, he was obviously trying to pull out the big guns now, having used Darling and Sweetheart in the space of just a few moments, but still seemed to find the whole thing hilarious. “You just looked so adorable, being all caring and worried like that, I couldn’t resist … will you forgive me ?”

“That’s fine” I replied, trying to do my best impression of being upset, but in reality failing rather badly. Rocky could see straight through my feigned hurt behaviour, and just raised one eyebrow and looked at me smiling in response.

We both laughed, and decided it was probably about time to pick ourselves up off the floor now.


You remember earlier when I referred to myself as a Clumsy Oaf, yes ? Well, what is even worse than that ? It was as we were both starting to get up when, of all the things that could have happened, my foot slipped again on my skirt, this time sending me flying backwards, and once again slapping Rocky to the ground! .. Ooops! .. Oh dear … not AGAIN !

Things did not feel as slow motioned this time as they had done when I slipped before, and I didn’t really know what was happening. One moment I was trying to stand up, the next I was falling again … what am I like ?

Another thud, as Rocky and I once again hit the floor a little hard. I was feeling a little dishevelled, and could not quite believe that I had managed to perform this rather unfortunate trick twice in one day, I couldn’t quite decide if it was mine or the dress’s fault in reality ?

“Maybe we should just stay down here for a bit ?” said Rocky in a playfully groaning voice, adding “I think it might be safer”.

At that moment we could not help but burst out laughing that we were back on the floor again, just where we had started.


As we lay there on the floor alongside one another, Rocky looked over at me and I at him, I gently stroked the side of his head. Even though it wasn’t planned or obviously romantic, it did feel a little like a special moment.
“I’ve never met anyone like you before, Ella” said Rocky lovingly, I was about to go all warm and fuzzy inside about it, when he added “You are SO clumsy !”.

We both found the comment so incredibly funny, but unfortunately, shockingly true. It was then that I felt the need to try and defend myself and my actions, but thinking about it I couldn’t come up with anything, I am just clumsy, that’s it.

“Well, it wasn’t all me, this stupid dress helped a bit” I chuckled, expecting Rocky to get a kick out of my little joke.

He smiled a little, but did not laugh though. His face turned more serious, as he looked at me and softly replied “I love that dress, it reminds me of the first day we met”.

I blushed a little at Rocky’s declaration, not only because it was rather shocking for a guy to actually remember a particular dress, and when I had worn it. But I was also remembering how he had taken my hand when we had first met, and helped me up onto the sofa like a true gentleman, even before we had been introduced. I recalled him smiling at me in that cute little cheshire cat way that he does when I shook his hand, and at the time I was wondering what on earth he was grinning about ? I now sighed happily, and smiled when I thought about how much things had changed between us since that moment.

By now I was feeling so much more relaxed, everything between Rocky and now felt so natural, I didn’t feel the need any more to constantly be on my guard and try and impress him, and well in reality, I don’t think I had been doing a very good job at that anyway. So perhaps things would start going a little smoother for us now, if I just chill out and start just enjoying the time we spent together, come what may. Like at this very moment for instance, if earlier you had told me I would trip over my own feet twice, knocking us both to the ground in a heap, I would have been horrified ! But now it felt kinda funny, and had given us some lovely moments of joy and laughter that we could share, even if the teasing bit wasn’t quite so funny at the time.
I felt as if a great weight had been lifted from my shoulders, and this new found freedom made me come over a little playful inside, I think that Rocky has been starting to rub off on me don’t you ? I leaned across him and asked mischievously “So how’s the yellow spots doing now ?”.

He looked a little surprised by the tone of my question to him, but pleased all the same, and decided to play along saying “Oh I don’t know, you know, I may not survive this one, these could be my last moments on earth”.

I giggled at the almost sincere way in which he was able to say those words, as I enquired “Do you have any last requests ?”.

“Hmmm I might have to think about that one, and get back to you” he replied, I thought for a second that I had seen a slight blush come across his cheeks as he spoke, but then wondered if I had imagined it and thought nothing more about it.

“So, will you miss me when I’m gone?” he continued playfully.


“Hmmm … maybe” I replied, hoping I would finally get the chance to actually bait him for once.
It seemed to have worked, as he looked rather surprised by my answer, rolling over to face me saying “Maybe?” in an almost impishly hurt questioning tone.

I smiled at him, but felt that events were starting to take a slightly more serious turn, as I said “Alright then, I will miss and mourn you until my dying day … hows that ?”.

“Well, that’s sounds a ‘bit’ more like it” replied Rocky quietly, I could feel the intensity of the moment between us building as I looked up at him, I felt as though his eyes were studying me, and taking in every detail of my face.

By now I was drowning in the deep pools of emotion in his eyes, and I hardly knew what I was saying any more. I instinctively just continued on with our little game.

“So how long do you have left then ?” I enquired, in an almost whispering voice.

He looked at me as though he would burst, and simply murmured “Probably just about long enough to …”.

And just like that, he kissed me !! … My first kiss, I could not believe it !! As his lips softly touched mine, I suddenly felt our electric spark tingle all over again, just like it had done on our first date. But this was much more intense and powerful, as though the meeting of our lips had caused some kind of astronomical ‘big bang’ reaction between us, creating a whole new universe of possibilities within itself. It was, in a word, … Magic !!
As Rocky pulled away slightly, I was the one grinning from ear to ear this time. But before I had the chance to say anything, he looked at me a little worriedly, and I started to wonder if maybe the kiss had not been as ‘Wow’ for him ?


I was getting more paranoid, as his face dropped, he could hardly look me in the eyes. As he spoke and I felt as if I would start to cry at any moment.

“Ella … Ella I …” he was fumbling around for words in the same way that I usually did, this was not like him at all, maybe I am starting to rub off on him ? Hmmm that may not be such a good thing. “Ella, I’m so sorry” he continued, and my heart began to sink into what felt like a deep pit of never ending sadness “I shouldn’t have taken a liberty like that, I just got caught up in the moment … I’m not meaning that as an excuse or anything, I shouldn’t have behaved like that. Its … its just” … Eh ?? What did he just say ? I didn’t quite understand where he was going with this, did he get the impression that I was cross at him or something ? I decided to let him finish what he was saying, in the hopes that it all might finally make sense.

His demeanour was so very sincere, as he continued to explain “If I really only had just moments left to live in this world, then I would want to spend every microsecond in your arms … and my last request would have been just one kiss”.

With that my heart instantly rose again, and the grin on my face sprung back into shape. Rocky looked somewhat surprised and confused that I was not upset with him, and so in true almost ‘Ella’ style he started to babble a little. What is he like ? Yeah I know, looks who’s talking.

“Please forgive me Ella, I promise that in the future I will behave more gentlem …”.


I cut him off in his tracks, deciding that this was definitely one of those times where actions would speak louder than words, as I grabbed his head and pulled his lips down to mine again. OK, so maybe I wasn’t as smooth and gentle about it as Rocky had been the first time, but I think I got my point across. After the slight moment of ‘What’s going on ?’ had passed in him, he finally realised what I was trying to say, in a very unsubtle way. We lay there with our mouths passionately entwined, in a state of true bliss and utter happiness.
“You were saying ?” I questioned teasingly, when the moment had passed. The look on Rocky’s face was priceless, it was mixture of utter shock and undeniable joy.

“Whoa ..” he mumbled softly to himself, looking a little confused “I err … I err … what ? .. where was I ? … I err”

I could not help but giggle at his reaction to the whole thing. As he finally started to come back down to earth, his smile grew and grew, I was a little concerned at one point that it would split his face in two. I had honestly never seen him looking happier, nor felt so complete inside myself.

This day had taken such an unexpected turn of events, we started out with a bit of relaxed fun, added a little unintentional mischief and mayhem, and the result had been so very wonderful. You could not have planned it, and just like Jem had said to me before, we had let things develop in their own way, and had now created memories that were more special and unique than anything we could have forced. I was now so glad that we had not rushed the kissing thing, I could not have imagined a more perfect way for our relationship to have grown, than the way in which we had just accidently stumbled across this perfect moment of ours.

By now Rocky appeared as though he had finally returned to his senses, as we lay there he delicately caressed my cheek.

“I really have never met anyone like you before Ella” he said with his voice full of passion. Yeah, I’ve heard this one before, I thought to myself, I think it was followed by something about being clumsy ! I waited for it, but I was a little surprised when the jokey punch line never materialised though, and he just carried on by adding “You’re so beautiful, sweet, passionate, surprising and adorably funny. There’s not another doll in the world like you”.

I came over a little shy, and was so moved that he considered me to be one of a kind. It made me feel unique and irreplaceable, and I was touched to know that he saw me in such a way. But I caught myself wondering if he had ever even seen the Disney Store ? It’s full of dolls exactly like me, mass produced to be identical, I’m sure that I’m nothing THAT special in reality. But they do say that love is blind I guess, so if he wanted to think of me in that way, who was I to argue ?!

Deciding that it may now actually be safe to finally try and get up again, Rocky was not going to take any chances this time, as he carefully got up and lifted me to my feet. I felt so safe with his strong arms supporting me as we rose.

“Maybe I should just hold on to you for a minute ?” he declared, sporting a sneaky grin on his face “you know, just in case !”.

We laughed at the implying tone of his voice, but in truth I was a little worried that tripping a third time may in fact not be quite so funny. So tried to stand as still as possible, to hopefully avoid any further clumsyness on my part.

As we stood there gazing deeply into each others eyes, I could see that Rocky was building up to something.

“Ella” he said gently “There’s just one thing I’d like to know ?”.

“Yes Rocky ? …” I replied, eagerly waiting to discover what he was going to say.

“Sweetheart, what did you do to the bike ?” and with that we both glanced down at where the scooter was laying, looking a little twisted, on the floor in front of us.

I was a bit startled by the question, as to be honest I had thought, hoped, that he was going to say something wonderfully romantic. But I should have known better, this was Rocky after all. I just started to babble something about “I errr, well ..” when I realised he was playing me … again !

I looked at him, and raised my eyebrows with a little smirk on my face, so that he would know I knew ‘exactly’ what he was up to. Rocky just smiled back, and laughed lovingly at my reaction.

“You can be a bit of a brat sometimes you know !” I said jokingly defensive, while he continued to chuckle.

“I know, I know” he replied in an amused tone “you just make it sooo easy, its hard to resist”.

Well, its not like I was really cross with him or anything, but at least I am getting a little wiser to his playful games. To be honest, I found his sense of humour so endearing, it made me fall in love with him all the more.

I did start to really worry a little, about if I had actually broken the bike though ? After all, Rocky had only just finished fixing it. So I asked a little apprehensively.

“What if the scooter is really broken ?”.

He looked over at the bike again, and then back at me before answering, I could tell he thought my concern was a little sweet.

“It doesn’t look so bad” he replied, finally looking like he was taking things seriously “and My Darling even if it’s broken, it was worth the sacrifice. If I had my time over again I wouldn’t change a moment …. well maybe I could live without the back crunching, head whacking part !”.

I smiled and giggled again, how on earth did he always now exactly the right thing to say to ease my mind of its worries? However he managed it, it always did the trick, and showed just how well he really does know me. What an amazing guy my Rocky truly is !


No comments:

Post a Comment