Wednesday 5 September 2012

Chapter 8 - "The Way You Make Me Feel" - 5th September 2012.

I meet a tall handsome stranger who makes me feel all aflutter inside, but is he really the dashing charmer that he initially appears ? ...

You can find the FULL story on my facebook blog here ...  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.151024668385575.35124.150797015075007&type=3
You can check out the music slideshow to this chapter on Youtube here ... http://youtu.be/VHVbSAW7nH4

Chapter 8 - "The Way You Make Me Feel".

Today I was roped into a bit of "Girl Time" by Millie, she insisted that us single dolls had to stick together. I wasn't sure if I was quite in agreement with her philosophy, as I considered my married friend, Jem, just as much one of the girls as Millie and Calamity. I mean does being married make you such a different person that you cant get involved with a bit of girly chat ? I would have thought she would have made an excellent addition to the proceedings as surely her experiences could have invaluable life lessons for dolls like myself who were, lets face it, much more innocent and clueless in the ways of the world.

However, as I did not want to upset Millie I just bit my tongue and went a long with it. I mean, I didn't really want to upset my new friend as her heart was in the right place.

Calam, wasn't overly enthusiastic about being "Hornshwaggled" as she put it, into the girly timetable, however she did tag along behind with Dallas trying not to appear as though she was intentionally holding back but at the same time ensuring she didn't get close enough to get tangled in any of Millies Girly gossip.

Millie is a sweet doll really but it sometimes seems as though her head is full of air. Now, I know how odd that sounds coming from a doll when most dolls heads are technically full of air, but it was almost as if .. how can I put it? ... she was ... not as quick a thinker as the rest of the gang. Infact sometimes it almost seems like she doesn't even think at all.

Her cheerful, optimistic nature and effervesant personality totally made her a joy to be around though and I was rather enjoying our little walk and chat when all of a sudden I heard a wolf whistle sort of noise ?

I looked around, a little confused at first and then I looked up at the display cabinet in front of us to see a male doll looking straight at me!

As soon as he noticed that he had my attention he jumped straight down off his doll stand and strutted in my direction.

I had never seen a Ken doll with hair before, but that was not the thing that struck me the most though, as this guy was soooo HANDSOME!!!

His eyes were piercing and intense, his gaze fixed intently on me. I could feel my eyes widening and my mouth dropping in astonishment. I could not help it, then realising that I must be looking like a goldfish I tried to snap out of it, only to realise that all I could manage was a big cheesy, rather pathetic looking if we are being honest, adoring grin.

As he came close to me I felt weak in the knees, it was also very suprising how tall this guy was, not just a little bit more than myself like Rocky and the other male dolls that I have met but he had to stoop and lean in to catch my eye line with his intense broody eyes.

For a moment I felt as if I could not breath, and my pulse quickened, feeling butterflies inside my stomach area.

Although his first words to me were probably the most cheesey line I have ever heard, at the time I thought he was so smooth "Say, what's a Goddess of a doll like you doing in a place like this?"

His eyes smouldered and twinkled at the same time as he looked at me, I almost felt as though his gaze was burning its way into my soul. But I couldn't really think of anything to reply so only managed a rather shy giggle as a response to his question.

Somehow he was drawing me in, I could feel we were getting closer and closer to each other. My mind couldn't help it, it started picturing what a handsome couple we would make, and for one split second as he drew me close I was hoping that he would kiss me!

Now, I've never been kissed and to be quite frank up until now had never even found anyone who I had wanted to, but this guy, even though I had only known him for about 30 seconds seemed so dreamy.

As he came closer he almost whispered in my ear "I know a great place where we can be alone" I could not believe this, was this really happening? as he continued "We can sit and watch the colours of the sunset ... and the stars falling through the night sky"

Ooooooh he was sooooo dreamy ...

 

At that very moment before I could even get a word out, Calamity appeared with Millie in tow and steered me very quickly away from my dream guy.

"What are you doing?" I enquired, rather annoyed at their untimely intrusion.

"Thayt theyres Kirk" she replied rather sternly "He's the biggust laydies doll I's eva comes accrows, an gurlfriynd yous betta owff stayin weyll away from hiym"

I was confused, he seemed so romantic, so handsome, so ... "what?" I replied not really able to quite believe what she was telling me.

"Heys tryd it own with almos' evey dowll in thus here howse" she explained "an sweeyhar't heys broken mowre har'ts than I cun recull ... heyll theys now't a dowll in thus place he haysn't takin te hiys SPEYSHIL playce to wowtch the sun seyt. An they awll comes bayck with shayttered dreayms .... hey neyver sees um agin ayfter he gits whowt he wownt, und betweyn jest us none owf them Toy Stowry Bawbies is own speykin terms with hiym anymores"

I suddenly started to feel a little foolish and then Calamity tried to ease my feelings a little by whispering softly "He's as varmit, an aint worth youwr spiyt".

 I was feeling rather awkward and really did not know what to say when Millie broke the silence with a sudden declaration

"But he's a REALLY good kisser!" her high pitched squeaky voice sounded rather giggly and she had a silly grin on her face after she said it. Oh God, I hope that was not what I looked like when he talked to me ?

Calamity and I could not find words to reply and just stared at Millie, almost in disbelief that she had come out with such a statement at such a time.

Calamity just rolled her eyes and carried on leading me away. As I glanced behind for a moment I could see Kirk heading back towards to his display unit. For a very brief moment I did wonder if he was really that bad ? that maybe he just hadn't found the right doll yet ? ... But luckily I came to my senses, I was not THAT sort of doll, and I was so glad that I had such good friends who would look out for me like this.
 
As Dallas caught up with us I stopped for a second to think. My first crush, the first hint of any kind of romance in my life had begun and was over in a matter of minutes. I started to ponder the thought, would all relationships and romantic couplings be THIS complicated ? And how on earth would I ever be able to spot a player like Kirk if I encountered one again?

It was a lot to consider, maybe I'm just not quite ready for romance yet ....?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment