Monday 3 September 2012

Chapter 6 - "Remember The Time" - 3rd September 2012.

Getting to know my new friends a little better, including the tale of one in particular who has a rather sad history ... Awwww ...

You can find the FULL story on my facebook blog here ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.151022198385822.35122.150797015075007&type=3
You can check out the music slideshow to this chapter on Youtube here ... http://youtu.be/Lirpcpjb9Oo

Chapter 6 - "Remember The Time".

Having spent the weekend with my new doll friends I have started to feel much more comfortable and at home now that I am not so alone.

Today it seemed as though everyone was gathering in the Gym for a bit of a workout, although I am a little confused by how dolls of only 12" in height could possibly make use of any human sized excercise equipment? but I guess i was about to find out ...

Not feeling in much of a workout kind of mood Jem and I were content to sit on the sofa and watch what the others were getting up to.

"It so nice to have another doll to talk to" she grinned "Not that Calam isn't a lovely doll, she just sometimes seems more like one of the guys"

I chuckled at the comment as we had just been watching Calamity fearlessly swinging back and forth in one of the knee cups of the Ab Circle screaming "Yeee hawwww" at the top of her voice. She was such a character you couldn't help but love her.

Jem continued with "and then theres Millie, a complete sweetheart, but not a great conversationalist" she smiled and looked at me as she continued "I am soooo glad you are here".

It was nice to know that I was wanted and felt completely at ease while talking with my new friend and was quite inquisitive to find out more about the others in the group.


"What on earth are Rocky and Rio up to?" I enquired as I looked accross in astonishment that Rocky appeared to be trying to lift a humungous weight.

Jem giggled and almost rolled her eyes as she looked at them and replied "Oh, Rocky's been trying that every time we visit the gym for ages now ... he hasn't managed to lift it yet but is convinced that one day he will"

I couldn't help but smile at this, the sheer determination and unending confidence to never give up, even on an almost impossible task was quite an endearing quality. Even if it was in the persuit of something a frivilous as lifting a weight, but I guess that just must be some sort of guy macho thing?

I asked Jem if Rio had ever tried lifting it ? But her face suddenly changed and looked a little sad as she replied

"No, he cant manage that sort of thing anymore with his injury"

I suddenly felt awful if I had brought up something painful to discuss but Jem seemed as though she really did want to talk about it.

As she continued to tell me the whole tale I discovered that Rio had had an injury where his hand broke off during Holly's childhood, it was glued back on and strapped in place with tape but as a result he has no movement in his left wrist.

"He likes to think that is doesn't stop him from doing anything but in reality he would never be able to lift that weight himself" she sighed "And even if he did it would most likely snap his hand off again"

As I looked accross I could just about spot the bandage style tape on Rio's wrist peeking out a little below his jacket sleeve.

"But he has never let it get him down, and he and Rocky are like two peas in a pod, he would never resent his best mate anything" she finshed the conversation looking over at her man proudly and filled with love, it was so touching to see such affection.

We continued to watch as Rocky and Rio bantered and joked with each other whilst aiming to finally acheive the impossible task ahead of them. It was pretty clear that Rio was looking out for his friend and would do anything it took to ensure Rocky did not end up squashed under the shake weight.
Feeling that a change to subject was needed I asked Jem about Jackson. You, see I just could not get how he fitted into this little group of friends? Everyone else was friendly, chatty and warm, whilst he was cold, aloof and generally ended up sitting on his own to one side of all the excitement.
"He didn't used to be like that at all, he was a joker, happy, the life and soul of the group and was Rio's best man at our Wedding" exclaimed Jem, some how I found that part about joker and happy rather hard to believe but rather than saying anything I decided to let he finish her story.

"Back in the day we were all in a band together, me, Rio, Jackson, one of his brothers Michael ... and Stella"

"Stella?" I replied, curious to know the relevance of this doll to the story

Jem had an almost nostalgic look in her eyes as she went on "Stella was a Rock Star Barbie, sort of a favourite of Holly's. She and Jackson had a thing going, well I say that he and his brother Michael both had a thing for her"

"Where is she now?" I enquired, wondering if this was some sort of doomed romantic love triangle story where the love of his life had run away with his brother.

"She's no longer with us" Jem said with an even sadder look on her face "She broke .... and was not able to be fixed ... he's never gotten over it"

I suddenly felt a deep saddening sickness in the pit of my stomach.

As I looked closely at Jackson sitting there in silence I saw he was holding something, a picture, a picture of his lost love. Poor guy, I could almost feel a lump building in my throat and my eyes were starting to feel rather watery.
I was actually VERY relieved that at that moment Rio and Rocky hopped up on the sofa, making us jump, and almost scaring us half to death.

"Whats happening gorgeous? did you miss me?" smirked Rio, affectionatly putting his arm around his wife as he sat down close next to her

"You scared me you big lug" replied Jem playfully as she sweetly wacked him of the chest before lovingly placing her hand on his leg. It was clear that they were very much in love and had a comfortable relationship where they fully accepted who the other was.

Whilst this was all going on Rocky had sat down next to me, smiling as usual. I had never seen a doll as smiley as this guy was, it seems that every time I looked at him there was a big cheesey grin on his face, but I just couldn't for the life of me figure out what was making him so happy ?

It was a bit awkard at first as neither of us really knew what to say, but somehow that just melted away and we were chatting away like we had known each other for years, ... about cars of all things ...

Rocky it seems has always had a passion for cars, he told me at great length about his Silver VW Golf Convertible that was bought for Holly at the same time he was, he went on and on about the fun he had in the car before it dissapeared (Supposedly Holly never did find ouy where it went, perhaps broken and thrown away, or charity shop, no one really knows).

Although I dont really know much about cars, as Holly has 5, I had been getting more and more interested in them during my time here in my new home. So it was lovely to see Rocky talking with such passion and conviction.

All of a sudden we both seemed to realise at the same time that 2 pairs of eyes had been watching us during our whole conversation. I looked around to see Jem and Rio smiling at us and Rocky looked away, suddenly feeling a little more uncomfortable.

We sat there saying nothing, neither of us wanting to be the first to look at the other and the awkward tension grew.

Rio suddenly jumps up and said "Come on, love, lets take a strole around the room"

"Eh??" replied Jem, curious as to what he was up to, as she and Rio never went for stroles.

"you know, .. a walk ... around the room ... away from the sofa" he continued gesturing his head to try and get his point accross

"Ohhhhhh ... yes, a walk would be lovely dear" she replied trying not to let out a sneaky smile as they both hopped down off the sofa.

I could still see her glancing back at us with a smile as they walked off.



"Well, that was REAL subtle" joked Rocky. His comment instantly broke the tension and we both felt more at ease as we laughed at the situation.

Rocky was fast becoming a very close friend of mine and it was great that we could have a giggle together even about the most awkward of moments.

We sat there for a good long while chatting away about all sorts of things, I am not realy sure how long it was but I do know that when we finally noticed that everyone else had already left the gym we were quite suprised that neither of us had noticed. Maybe they left really quietly or something, but I do find it odd that I was so engrossed in our talk that I never saw anything ? Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment