Friday 14 September 2012

Chapter 15 - "Waiting for Tonight" - 14th September 2012.

My BIG date-night with Rocky has finally arrived !!  But WHAT does this romantic evening really have instore for my sweet suitor and I ? ... Oooooh ...

You can find the FULL story on my facebook blog here ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.151077561713619.35151.150797015075007&type=3
You can check out the music slideshow to this chapter on Youtube here ... http://youtu.be/XJRjbi9efgc

Chapter 15 - "Waiting for Tonight".

The moment was finally here, it was Friday evening, and Rocky had just arrived in the Barbie jeep that he had been fixing on Monday when we had arranged tonight’s rendezvous. I wondered in the back of my mind if he had known all along that this was going to happen and so that’s why he had been trying to fix it ?

We had arranged to meet at the bottom of the stairs by the front door and he arrived rather promptly, in fact almost as soon as I had come down from the wardrobe, it was almost as if he had been waiting around the corner or something, maybe he had, who knows ? All I know is that he was here and I was glad that I did not have to spend any extra time waiting around nervously for him to show up.

I was nervous, but more in a sort of 10% nervous, 90% excited kind of way, or was that 90% nervous, 10% excited ? It was confusing but at the same time so exhilarating that I had to concentrate really hard to stop myself from breaking out in fidgety spasms while I was standing there.

As he climbed out of the car, his face lit up as soon as he looked at me and I hoped that was a good sign that I looked ok for whatever it was that he had planned. He looked so smart, not that he’s normally untidy, but he was wearing a jacked that matched his trousers rather than his usual leather waistcoat, he obviously felt the need to try and make a good impression tonight as much as I had. That felt kind of nice to know that we were both on the same page.

Naturally my friends could not resist coming down to watch Rocky pick me up, it made me feel kind of on display, but they meant well, and it was obvious that they were almost as invested in this whole thing as Rocky & I were. Infact at one point I could swear I saw a tear starting to form in Jem’s eye!

I could not really look at them after that, as the last thing I wanted was to burst out in tears myself, not that I was unhappy, far from it, its just that my emotions were so raw and just under the surface that if I saw them start I would probably not be able to control myself. That would not have been the best way to start the date with a mass of sobbing, and so I took a deep breath and tried to hold my nerve.


As Rocky approached me I could see that he was carrying a flower, a flower that perfectly matched the one that Jem insisted I decorate my hair with earlier when she was helping me to get ready. Was that a coincidence ? … I doubt it, but then what did it matter, after all it showed how much detail and effort everyone had gone to try and make this night as wonderful as possible for Rocky and I.

“I brought you this” he said, sounding ever so slightly on edge but obviously a lot more composed than I was feeling inside, but maybe he was just hiding it well ?

“Oh, that’s lovely Rocky, Thankyou” I replied as he gently took my hand and placed the flower corsage on my wrist.

As we stood their for a brief moment with my hand in his I felt almost an electrical sensation running up and down my body, it was like a over amplified version of pins and needles, but much more pleasant. If this is what a spark felt like between two people then I had the major potential for causing an electric shock!

Rocky gazed at me so warmly, simply saying “You look stunning Ella, really lovely”.

I could not help but smile and blush a little, however there was no way I was going to let my face flush pink this time, as that would REALLY have clashed with my dress !

“Shall we ?” asked Rocky, offering his arm in a very respectful and gentlemanly manner.

As we walked over to the car my heart started pounding, neither of us could stop looking at the other and smiling, I hoped this would not mean we would fall over the car in a embarrassing heap, after misjudging its location ? As we weren’t really paying that much attention to where it was, well I certainly wasn’t, but then Rocky seemed totally in control. I felt safe and had total confidence that he would keep me from harms way, even if that meant protecting me from myself.

We both climbed into the jeep, and it was at this point that I was rather glad that I had not decided to wear one of my floor length ball gowns, as it was rather cosy inside with Rocky and I pressed up alongside one another.

He looked over at me and asked “How would you like to go for a ride ?”.

I smiled and nodded my head enthusiastically, I couldn’t wait to get things properly underway, and its not that I didn’t luv them dearly, but, I sort of wanted to get out from under the microscope of our overly-eager friends, who had gradually been creeping down the stairs behind us so that they could get a better view of what was going on.

As we started to drive away the gang waved, whistled, cheered and I even thought I heard Rio shout jokingly “Make sure you get her back by midnight, or she’ll turn into a pumpkin !” had he even seen my movie ? It was the carriage that turned into the pumpkin, not Cinderella ! But Rocky and I chuckled and found the comment funny all the same.

I smiled and waved back gratefully at my friends, they had been so supportive and put up with a lot of strange behaviour from me in the lead up to today, and all without any judgment. I started to wonder how on earth I had coped before I met them ? as I couldn’t possibly entertain the idea of living without them all now.

It was as they started to disappear out of sight that I realised that this was it, the REAL start of my date with Rocky, we were finally alone !

As he drove me around, on sort of, a scenic tour of the ground floor of the house I really started to enjoy myself. This was actually the first time that I had been in a doll car and I found the experience rather interesting and stimulating. The sensation of being whisked along at speed let me feel the air flowing faster over my face, it felt so freeing. Although, I hoped that my hair would not get too messed up from it, I would have hated to have arrived at our destination looking like I had been living in a bush for most of my life !

The general chit chat, small talk between Rocky and I was gradually starting to melt away into a much more natural and organic conversation, where we were genuinely interested and engaged in what the other was saying, rather than just trying to fill the empty silence with words like when we had started. It was a much more comfortable feeling, that we could talk without the awkwardness we had sometimes experienced in our past discussions was a big step forward, and this was just the beginning of the evening as well. I took the whole thing as a very good sign as we happily sat there enjoying our little pleasure cruise.

I had been asking several questions about the Jeep and driving in general, when all of a sudden and without warning Rocky pulled the car over and stopped. At first I was a bit worried and wondered if I had done something wrong ? But as he looked over at me and smiled I knew deep inside that it couldn’t have been that.

“Would you like to have a go, Ella ?” he enquired enthusiastically.

“What ? Me ??” I replied, a little shocked at his question, I hadn’t got a clue how to drive a car !

“Yeah, there’s nothing too it, look, I’ll show you how if you like ?” And with that he leapt out and headed around to the passenger seat where I was sitting.

I was now stood by the drivers side with Rocky happily placed in the passenger seat waiting for me to climb back in.

“Do you need some help ?” he asked “I can come back round and help you in if you like ?” He was almost about to get back out of his seat when I finally responded.

“No its not that” I could hear the sheepish tone building in my voice as I continued “Its just that, well, I don’t know how too drive … and … what if I crash and ruin your lovely car ?”

Rocky had a slight chuckle at my admission but was sensitive enough to realise that it was obviously something that I was genuinely concerned about.

“Ella, you’ll be fine, honestly” he replied with such caring in his voice “I will be with you the whole time, you wont crash, trust me”.

I was starting to feel that maybe I could do it, after all if Rocky had that much confidence in me that he would let me loose in one of his precious vehicles then he must really think I can do it.

He then looked at me with the most mischievous expression on his face and added in a slightly sarcastic playful tone.

“Besides, if you do crash its not like I cant fix it”.

For one brief moment I was a little shocked, and then as I glanced over at him, the look on his face said it all, he was playing with me! Oh dear, I felt like giving him a friendly slap on the arm, but thought better of it and just giggled shaking my head at him. Well at least that had lightened the mood !

As I climbed into the drivers seat I felt a little unsure, but when Rocky had finished explaining all the controls etc, I realised that actually it didn’t sound as hard as I had first thought. He was very patient with me and seemed a really good teacher, I wondered if he was the one who had taught the other dolls how to drive ?

“OK, are you ready for this ?” I said, trying to sound confident.

And off I drove !!

I was driving, me Ella, I was actually driving! I couldn’t believe it, generally its not considered a necessary skill for a Princess doll to be able to drive, most people expect us to be pulled around in horse drawn carriages, or wait to be rescued on horseback by a handsome Prince or Knight in shining armour. But not me, I felt free and independent, it was amazing. Why did Disney not make Princess doll cars, I thought ?

Rocky looked over at me proudly as I drove, he seemed as excited about my enthusiasm for driving as I was. It was so much fun, and I felt so much more in control than I had done when Calamity gave me a ride on Dallas. With a horse I felt like they were in control, with a car it was me in control and that made me feel on top of the world.

“Woohooooo” I yelled as we continued, I couldn’t help it, it just bubbled up inside me and burst out, this made Rocky grin like a Cheshire cat at me even more. He looked genuinely pleased that I was enjoying myself, and I still could not believe that he had actually let me have a go at driving his little car, it was so sweet of him, and such a wonderful gift to me.

As he directed me around the house, Rocky indicated for me to pull over when we arrived in the dining room. I was at first a little disappointed that it was all over, but then remembered that we were actually on a date, which suddenly filled my head with warm fuzzys as I wondered what was coming next ?

Like a true Gentleman, Rocky came around to help me out of the car, as his hand took mine I could feel that electric start to spark down my body again, there was definatly some undeniable connection between us and I started to ask myself where this all may lead ?

We climbed up onto the dining room table, I was once again very glad that I was not wearing a floor length ballgown during this part. And when we reached the top Rocky took my arm in his and led me over to the far side where some seats, a table, and some lovely flowers had been set up awaiting us. I could not help but smile when I thought about the amount of effort and thought that he had put into this evening, I just hoped that at the end of the night he was going to think that I was worth it ?
The chairs were placed at the end of the table close to a large table lamp that seemed to bathe my face, and the entire area, in a golden light as we sat there. Also music started to play as soon as we were seated, it seemed Rocky had already prepared a playlist on the ipod especially for the occasion, it was all rather romantic, but I guess that is what he had intended. At first I was curious as to why our chairs had been positioned so far apart? But on reflection, Rocky is far too chivalrous to imply any expectations, or put any pressure of intimacy on a lady. It was nice to know that he had that inner thread of gentlemanly conduct, and made me feel so much more at ease that he would not be trying to progress things (or me) faster than they naturally wanted to go.

We did not have a meal, as lets face it, how on earth could a 12” doll possibly manage to use gigantic human sized cooking apparatus ? However we did have tea served from lovely golden cups that seemed to shine like the sun when hit by the warm light of the table lamp, everything seemed so elegant and refined but at the same time comfortable and relaxed.

As Rocky and I sat there talking I came to the conclusion that I had been a complete idiot by spending most of the week worrying about this evening, things weren’t awkward and strained, we had not sat in silence not knowing what to say and filling the uncomfortable air with discussions about the weather. We were like two pieces of the same jigsaw puzzle, different but clearly meant to fit together, we laughed with one another and teased each other (all in good fun of course) and talked lots more about our growing mutual interest in cars amongst many other varied things.

Rocky seemed so pleased that I had taken an interest in something that was clearly a passion of his, but in reality I did have a genuine desire to learn more about vehicles, not just to try and please him, I was honestly curious and quite fascinated. I know that may not be very Princessy behaviour but its not like I could help it, I am who I am and cannot control what interests me.

Our conversation took a slightly more serious tone when I admitted to him one of the things that had really worried me about our evening.

“I was worried that you would be expecting a Princess ?” I said, finally feeling we were at a point where I could be totally honest with him “I might be a Cinderella doll, but I’m not her, I’m just me … Ella … and I didn’t want to disappoint you”.

His face looked a mixture of slightly amused and trying to be serious and sincere as he replied “Ella, I don’t like you because you’re a Cinderella doll, I like you for who YOU are”.

I felt a great sense of relief wash over me at hearing his words as he continued “I don’t care if you come from a Disney Princess range or a Pound Shop value bin, I would like you just the same, as you are. It’s who you are inside that’s the important thing, not ‘what’ you are !”.

Awww Rocky was so incredibly sweet, I could feel myself starting to fall even more head over heels for him.

We sat their looking across at each other and he made me feel as if I were the only thing in the entire universe, like the whole world started and stopped just here with the two of us. Even though we were not touching I could almost feel the static charge starting to build up in the air around us, getting ready to ignite that spark between us once again.
As I got caught in the intenseness of the moment I was transfixed by the overwhelming emotion that came across in Rocky’s loving gaze. He sat there framed by the golden glow of the lamp behind him, looking at me in wonderment and my heart started to race.

We were getting lost in each others eyes, and even though there was a table between us, it somehow felt as though the gap had just disappeared and we were closer than we had ever been before.

In that moment he rose to his feet, leaned down, gently taking my hand in his, and with much sincere respect and admiration asked

“Would you do me the honour of this dance ?”.

How could I possibly resist such a romantic, gentlemanly, all in all perfectly wonderful request ? Even if I did not really have much of a clue about dancing, I was not my usual worried self, I just knew deep down inside that it was the right thing to do, and that everything would be ok, almost as if my actions were being controlled by some sort of divine force.

I tried to catch my breath as I tentatively stood up and he led me over to the space on the other end of the table top that appeared as though it had been cleared specially as a dance floor area.

It almost seemed as though the music changed to a new song at just the right moment, it was just when we had touched that the 80’s Top Gun classic love song ‘Take My Breath Away’ by Berlin started to play. The music selection for the evening was quite retro and it was obvious that they were songs that had a certain resonance with Rocky, after all he himself was a doll of the 80’s. I did start to wonder though if perhaps he was trying to say something to me with his song choices ?

I could feel the butterflies in my stomach performing acrobatic routines as he gently held my waist, and when I placed my hand softly in his I trembled slightly at his touch. He had honest to god, truly, taken my breath away and as we started to move to the music my heart was pounding so furiously I thought that it might actually jump out of my chest!

Here’s a link to the song for any of you who do not know it already … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEOem7U2LPE

As we moved around the floor and I discovered that I actually had more grace at this than I had imagined, I looked at Rocky longingly. I wanted to tell him what a wonderful time I was having, I wanted to let him know that this very moment was the best time of my entire life, I wanted to say how much he meant to me. But I couldn’t manage to find any words in my mouth when I tried to speak. When he looked back at me, glowing with more love and affection than I had ever seen, I felt as though somehow even though I had not said anything that he already knew exactly what I had wanted to say. We didn’t need to speak, just one look between us could express a hundred times more feeling than words alone.
When the next song started we continued to dance, it was another 80’s tune, this time the Phil Collins song “One More Night”. As we twirled around the floor, I felt as though I was in a dream, the air seemed full of magic and everything started to blur together.

Was this really real ? Was this really happening ? This felt more like something out of one of my romantic fantasies than something that was true, no this was better. It was the most alive I had ever felt. While I was in Rocky’s arms the tingles built up sending shocks all over my body, it created a sensation of utter electricity and excitement between us.

Here is a link to the song if you would like to hear it … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKVq-P3z5Vg

As out feet moved to the music, I hoped beyond all hopes that wearing these new shoes would not end up with me tripping on my face and spoiling what up until now had been the most perfect moment.

When the song finally started to come to a close I did not want it to be over, forget one more night, at this point I would settle for just one more dance.

It was as if someone up there had heard my pleas when a new song started and Rocky continued to hold me. A slightly more recent song from Sting “When We Dance” seemed almost the perfect choice to carry on our ever so romantic encounter. I felt like I was dancing on air as we glided across the floor, I wondered if this is how Cinderella had felt when she danced with her Prince Charming at the ball ? No scratch that, Prince Charming was not a patch on my Rocky!

Oh, look at me referring to him as ‘My’ Rocky. I started to wonder what he would have thought of me calling him that ? I chuckled to myself inside, I’m pretty sure he would not have minded, after all I would be over the moon if he thought of me as ‘His’ Ella.

You can hear the song on this Youtube link if you don’t know it … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQgvru5flsM

When Chris De Burgh’s amazing 80’s masterpiece “Lady In Red” started to play all of a sudden things were much more intimate. Rocky gradually pulled me in nearer and I quivered with joy at being held so close in his arms.

“Did you pick this song for me?” I whispered, wondering how on earth he had known that I would be wearing red tonight ?

He smiled at me a little shy as he replied “Well, a little bird suggested that it might be a good idea to include this one in my playlist”.

Jem, it had to be Jem ? or Rio who would have been told by Jem ? Oh, what does it matter anyway ? It was probably one of the most romantic songs from the evening, and the fact that it was being played especially for me made me feel like I was in heaven.

If you have never heard the song before, firstly, Eh !!! Where have you been? But anyway here is a link to the song on Youtube if you would like to hear it … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt2YIpZWBqA

As we drew ever closer while the song continued to play, I could start to see myself though Rocky’s eyes. Did he really think I was THAT beautiful and wonderful ? Am I the ‘Lady in Red’ to him ?

Our faces were right up next to each other by now as he softly said to me ...

“You really do look gorgeous tonight, Ella, like an Angel fallen down from heaven into my arms”.

Ooooh that was smooth, that was very smooth. I started to feel weak at the knees and was glad he was holding me so close as I honestly don’t know if I could have stood on my own after a statement like that.

“Thankyou” I replied shyly, as a slight pinkness came over my cheeks “But you are the one who has made this night Rocky, not me. I cant believe that you did all this just for me … I …. I …” I wanted to tell him that I think I am falling for him big time, but couldn’t quite work up the courage to say it, so simply finished with “I think you’re wonderful”.

He looked deeply into my eyes as I spoke and the biggest smile I had ever seen in my life gradually built up on his face. I could not help but smile in return, such a simple statement, well understatement if I am being honest, as I was too much of a chicken to tell him what I really felt, had made him so incredibly happy. I wondered how he would have reacted if I had told him how I really felt about him ? He would probably have sprouted wings and flown around the room !!

It was at that precise moment that Rocky literally swept me right of my feet ! I was rather startled at first but felt so safe in his arms, it was like something out of an old romantic movie, so bold and unafraid. I loved seeing him so sure and confident of himself as he held me close, his strong arms easily able to support my weight.

I was speechless, this whole evening had blown my mind, every time I thought that things couldn’t possibly get any better, Rocky had managed to pull something else out of his bag of tricks.

Move over Prince Charming, Rocky is more than just a Prince to me.

As we stayed there in each others arms, it was then that I knew, I wanted to remain in his embrace forever, I wanted him to hold on tight and never let me go. It was the perfect moment, that moment when everything sort of slows down, as if the world has stopped spinning. I looked at him, and he looked at me, and as the song started to finish we both seemed to realise that it would soon be over.

Now was the time, it had to be now, I had to tell him how I felt, if I didn’t do it now I may never get the courage again. As I opened my mouth to speak I didn’t manage more than an “I..” because Rocky had started to say something at the exact same point.

“Ella, I ... I think I’m in real danger of falling so very deeply for you”.

I couldn’t believe it, he had been thinking the exact same thing as I was, at the exact same moment !

“I’m head over heels for you, Rocky” I replied, feeling so happy that tears starting to build up in the corners my eyes as if I was going to start crying from joy, but luckily I managed to keep my cool as I continued “I really am, you make my heart skip a beat”.

“I really don’t deserve you Ella” was his passionately spoken response as he pulled me even closer to him.

I wondered why on earth he didn’t feel worthy of me ? After all who was the one who had gone to all that effort tonight ? .. him. If anyone wasn’t worthy it was me, I was the one who had not seen what was right under my nose when we had first met, this fabulous, caring, funny, handsome truly amazing doll and it had taken all this time to realise how I felt about him. I was an idiot, but an idiot that he was obviously rather taken with all the same, so that couldn’t be too bad now, could it ?

As the beautiful ‘Lady in Red’ song finally came to a close, we came to our feet and it was clear that as it was now rather late, and as there was no music left, our magical night together was coming to an end.

I suddenly had a wave of sadness come over me, and Rocky noticing my change in demeanour gently put his arm around my shoulder asking what was wrong ? I felt a bit silly about it but didn’t want to lie to him and so simply said.

“I … I’m just sad that its all over now” I almost felt as if I was fighting back some tears as I continued and could not quite look directly at him as I spoke “This has been the best night of my life Rocky, I will never forget it as long as I live and … I …. I … I just didn’t want it to end that’s all”.

Rocky smiled at me with such tender loving eyes and pulled me in close to him. My head rested on his shoulder and I held his hand in mine, it was safe and comforting, and kinda nice to know that he was accepting of my sometimes uncontrollable emotional ramblings.

“Ella, this is not the end” he said softly kissing my forehead, he spoke with such conviction and sincerity “ … It's only the beginning”.

Even though I could not see his face I could tell that he was grinning again. It always made me smile when Rocky grinned, he just had that sort of comforting, everything is going to be ok, sort of smiles.

I nuzzled my head into his shoulder as we stood there soaked in the glow of the lamp light, the world seemed such a rosie golden place at that point and I knew that Rocky was right. This was not an ending, it was a beginning, the start of something special.

“Come on, I’ll take you back” he said encouragingly, I think he knew that I didn’t really want to go but was far too much of a gentleman to have kept me out all night and had people question mine, or his honour. “Hey, we don’t want you turning into a pumpkin now do we ?”.

I couldn’t believe he was joking at a time like this, but in reality it was just what was needed to get me moving.

“It was the coach that turned into the pumpkin, not me” I replied playfully as we started our way down from the table top. He of course knew that but couldn’t resist the temptation of saying it just to see my reaction.

When we reached the car I suddenly noticed how much colder the house had gotten throughout the night. I rubbed my arms a little just to try and warm up a bit, and upon seeing this Rocky instantly removed his jacket, came around behind me, and wrapped it around my shoulders. He was ever the gentleman, ever the knight in shining armour, ever the thoughtful guy just looking out for the ones, or one he loved.

“We cant have you catching cold now can we ?” he insisted.

You know I think he would have given me the shirt of his back if he thought it would have made me feel any warmer. Hmmm now that would have been a sight, I was suddenly picturing his well formed bulging abs and strong arms, when I realised that may not have been the most romantic thing to have been thinking at such a tender moment !

I could tell from the look on his face that he really truly did care about protecting me. As our eyes met we seemed locked again, in another of those intense moments, where a whole world of emotions bubbles up inside of you, and yet you cant bear to look away for fear the moment may never come again.

I had to physically hold by tongue to stop myself from blurting out “Oooh you’re soooo dreamy” as even though that was what I was thinking, I knew that it sounded just waaayy too cheesey and would have sent us both into fits of giggles.

As the clock chimed signalling the arrival of midnight, just like in the fairy story, it broke the spell and the moment was gone. However I would like to point out in case there was any confusion that I did not turn into a pumpkin !

We climbed back into the Jeep and Rocky put his arm around me when he hopped in alongside. I wasn’t quite sure if this was a romantic gesture of affection ? or that he just thought that I might be a little warmer that way ? I think I would prefer to think that it was the former, but either way, it was a stark contrast to the less familiar way we had sat alongside one another on our dive over. It just goes to show how much our relationship had grown throughout the events of the evening !
We took the drive back at a gentle pace, trying to be quiet as not to wake anyone. It was during this time that I was still pondering our drive earlier. Wow, the drive over, I had almost forgotten about that, in some ways it felt like that all had taken place a lifetime ago, so much had happened since then.

It was like I had gone out this evening as one person with one particular life, and was coming back a whole new person, a person who was part of a couple, part of something bigger than just herself, and so I was returning with almost a whole new life !

Our evening came full circle when we pulled up at the bottom of the stairs by the front door, exactly where our wonderful night together had begun. I turned to Rocky full of love and true happiness as I said.

“Thank you Rocky, thank you for the most magical evening that a girl, a doll, could ever dream of”.

He gently caressed my shoulder and softly replied “You are magic to me Ella”.

Awwwww, I still REALLY didn’t want to go, but it wasn’t like we could sit here in this car forever, although at the time if Rocky had suggested it I would have probably jumped on the idea.

Realising that it was up to him to make the first move, Rocky, also feeling rather reluctant I think, climbed out of his seat and came around to the passenger side of the car to help me out.

He took my hand in his again and I could not help but be impressed when I reflected on his behaviour for the entire evening. He had been gentlemanly, respectful, honest, and more caring than I had ever thought possible, and yet he still maintained that cheeky masculine, in control demeanour that without managing to undermine his gentlemanly sensibilities was just, well, Rocky.

As he walked me over to the bottom step, the exact spot in fact, where just a few hours before he had taken my hand after giving me my beautiful flower corsage. This time however Rocky took hold of my hand in a much less formal way, so much more loving and intimate.

“Would you like me to walk you up?” he enquired.

“No, I’ll be fine honestly, its not far and I wouldn’t want to disturb anyone” I replied, in all honesty part of me had wanted him to take me up the stairs, but that was only because I wanted the chance to spend just a few more minutes with him.

“If you’re sure ?” was his response, he really did not seem keen on the idea of leaving me at the bottom of the stairs, he was the sort of guy that wanted to walk a lady right to her door. As I was headed up to the wardrobe that would have meant going right past Holly’s bedroom so on reflection did not think that was the best thing to do. Besides I think I needed the climb to try and clear my head a little before bed.

We were just about to part but I suddenly remembered “Ooh, your jacket, I had better give it back to you”

“You hang onto it for me for the moment” was his reply “then you will have a reason to come and see me again … hopefully very soon”.

Blimey, did he really think I was going to need a reason to visit him ? Wild horses were not going to keep me away from this guy !

“Besides its still chilly, it’ll keep you warm until you get back upstairs” he continued.

Well I couldn’t argue with that one, so we finally said good night and I started making my way up the stairs.

Even though I had insisted I would be fine and would not let him walk me back up to the wardrobe, Rocky waited at the bottom of the stairs, watching, I guess he wanted to make sure that I made it up there ok. Even though I was looking in the opposite direction as I climbed I could feel his eyes on me, ever present, ever the gentleman.

I would like to just point out here, as I know that some of you may be wondering, did Rocky and I kiss ? Well, apart from the peck on my forehead the answer is no! You see Rocky is not only a gentleman, he’s a bit old fashioned when it comes to romance. You see, kissing (on the mouth that is) is a very intimate and personal thing, in all honesty it is about as intimate as two dolls can get. So Rocky is not the sort of doll who would press for kissing on the first date, but I would be lying if I said that I had not thought about it when he held me so close in his arms. There will, hopefully, be plenty more time for all of that between us though, and I am sure that you will all be the first to know if/when Rocky does finally kiss me.

Right, now where was I ? … Oh yes, back in the moment of climbing the stairs. My mind was going crazy, there was just far too much that had happened to properly process it all. I knew in my heart that there was no way I was going to be able to sleep tonight. Unless this is a dream ? Oh no, what if I am dreaming? What if I wake up and its Friday morning and none of this has actually happened ? What if I have made it all up in my head ? ….. no it couldn’t possibly, and even if it was, it would be the nicest dream that I have ever had. But somehow I think I knew it was real !

As I finally made it back I couldn’t help but wonder what tomorrow would bring ? Well I guess the only way to find out is to go to bed, wake up and see what the morning brings. Night all x<3x


No comments:

Post a Comment