Tuesday 25 September 2012

Chapter 22 - "Prince Charming" - 25th September 2012.

An unexpected new arrival certainly causes a stir within our little dolly group, and ONE person in particular get a little, ummm ... How can I say this ? ... Jealous !! ... Ahem. Deary me though, WHAT is he like ? ...

You can find the FULL story on my facebook blog here ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.151109145043794.35164.150797015075007&type=3
You can check out the music slideshow to this chapter on Youtube here ... http://youtu.be/tkdBAoK11Tk

Chapter 22 - "Prince Charming".


With the arrival of a new day, I was finally feeling in a much more comfortable place about my relationship with Rocky, so much so, that I insisted I was now ready to see all our friends together again. In all honesty I had been dearly missing our times together, and realised that any friendly teasing they gave would be so much easier to endure than the scathing comments my horrid twin sister had inflicted on us only yesterday. So enough with being silly about it and lets get back to some sort of normality.

When they saw Rocky and I approaching together, hand in hand, everyone smiled, even Jackson. Millie looked ever so excited, so much so that I thought for a moment she might fall off the front of the little seat where they had all gathered in a quiet corner of the lounge.

“Gosh amighty !!” exclaimed Calamity jestingly “if it aint Rocky n Ella, sbought tiyme yous twos came t’see us !!”.

“Calam, give ‘em a break, they’ve been far too busy being lip-locked together !” replied Rio in a rather startling sarcastic tone.

Everyone seemed to find the remark hilarious, but my face instantly went bright pink, for a moment I panicked and wondered how on earth Rio could have known that Rocky and I had in fact finally kissed ? Rocky was far too much of a gentleman to kiss and tell, wasn’t he ? Of course he is, what am I saying, I am sure Rio was just being a tease and making an assumption, but either way I felt a little embarrassed that he had hit the nail right on the head.

Jem didn’t take his humour too well though, she had known from our previous chats how much the kissing thing had worried me, and so she gave her husband a swift little elbow nudge in the side to get him to stop from going any further.

And for one little moment, when they all noticed my discomfort, no one said another word … there was a still calm, and quietness, you could have heard a pin drop …
Rocky could of course always be relied upon to help out and defuse these little awkward moments, so he approached Rio and started to chat about his van, how it was fixed and ready for him to collect whenever he was ready etc. That helped everyone to relax again and continue on with the general chit chat as usual.

I on the other hand had noticed that Holly was now in the room with us, heading this way! She looked a little sneaky to be honest, and was obviously coming over in our direction for a reason, which really piqued my curiosity … what is she up to ?

“Ella, I’ve been looking for you” she said rather excitedly.

“Oh?” I replied worriedly, wondering if I had done something wrong ? Or what on earth it was that she wanted specifically with me ?

“Yes, I have something, well ‘someone’ for you” she was now giggling, but I just found this whole thing rather confusing … ?

Then suddenly from behind her back she pulled out a new doll, and not just any doll, a guy doll, a Prince doll … a Disney Prince Charming doll !!!!

Holly looked rather pleased with herself as she placed this new arrival on the floor in front of me, and the simply said “I’ll make myself scarce now so you two can get better acquainted”.

And with that she left the room.

Everyone just stared in disbelief, no one moved, breathed or even said a word. This whole thing was just too surreal for words, and all I kept thinking over and over in my head was … What ?!?!?
The new guy turned to me straight away and smiled, which made me feel even more awkward, I wondered what Holly had told him ? and what he was expecting from me ? …. And what on earth she was thinking when she bought him ? Honestly, does she not even bother to read my blog on here !? Coz if she did, she would know that I was in no way needing a Prince Charming in my life at the moment.
As I stood there, still feeling a little shocked and confused by it all, I looked at him closely. He didn’t seem familiar, he didn’t look like a Disney Store doll to me, I had seen those Prince Charming dolls before and they were in no way as handsome as this guy … maybe he’s Mattel ? I wondered to myself. He had a nice friendly smile though, and enthusiastic eyes, but somehow looked a little stiff to me ... hmmm.

I felt as though he was studying me as much as I was studying him, as we both just continued to look at each other in silence, still without a word from anyone.

It was only then that it hit me, the realisation that we were all being awfully rude. This poor guy couldn’t help it if Holly had brought him into our lives, it’s not like us dolls get to decide who we go home with. So, as the others were still looking far too startled to do anything, I found that it was up to me to actually go over and say something. After all, as I was the only other Disney doll in the group, and we were from the same movie, it almost felt like it was my duty to welcome him, even if in truth, his presence here wasn’t at all welcome.

I was about to extend my hand and say “Hello”, but as it started to move he took it in his, and not in a hand shaking kind of way either, this was somehow a little more … almost romantic. Like when Prince Charming takes Cinderella’s hand on the dance floor at the ball. It kind of took me a little by surprise, I didn’t really quite know what to do, or how to react ? I started to wonder if he had, in fact, seen our movie a few too many times, and was confusing real life with a film or something ?
All this time of course everyone was watching the two of us together intently, I’m not quite sure what there were all expecting to happen ? But even though I could not see any of them from where I was, I could feel all their eyes on me, burning with curiosity and intrigue.
As he stood there, still looking at me and smiling with my hand in his, I decided that I had better introduce myself, so that I could get this all over with as quickly as possible.

“Hello … I’m Ella” I finally said a little shy and tentatively, still very aware of the fact that all eyes were on me, and us.

“Ella, what a simply delightful name” replied the Prince, full of enthusiasm that I had finally spoken to him “My names Anthony, I’m ever so pleased to make the acquaintance of such an enchanting Princess doll”.

His voice sounded ever so posh and smooth and, well, sort of Princey for want of a better word, almost as if he had stepped straight out of a Disney fairytale … he had an allure that was sort of charming, pardon the pun.

It was at the precise moment when he lifted my hand as though he was going to kiss it, when all of a sudden, out of nowhere Rocky appeared, putting his arm around me rather insistently and shaking Anthony’s hand in my stead.

“Pleased to meet you” said Rocky, he was smiling away but sounded a little odd and put out, I looked at him a little shocked and confused wondering what on earth he was up to ? As he continued talking with the Prince I could hear the tension in his voice though, something was definitely bothering him “I’m Rocky … so you say your names Anthony, where’d that come from then ? I don’t remember a Prince Anthony in any Disney movie I’ve seen ?”.

Anthony looked a little bewildered by this strange turn of events, but greeted Rocky in a civil manner all the same, answering his question saying “Holly gave me the name, she was inspired by the song ‘Prince Charming’ by Adam Ant. However, supposedly there is already a Prince Adam Disney character, so Anthony was her second choice of a name for me”.

“second choice, that’s good, get used to that mate” Rocky dryly muttered under his breath almost undetectably. I was so shocked !! I couldn’t really quite believe that he had actually said that out loud ! I had never seem him act this way before, he did not seem his usual cool and calm self, he look flustered, on edge and very distracted, which made me start to worry what he might do next ?

Undeterred by Rocky’s rather ‘obvious’ comment, Anthony looked like he was taking up the challenge and responded with “Of course in the ‘Cinderella’ movie that I come from” there was now a smile building on his face, and he glanced slightly in my direction as he said the word ‘Cinderella’ “I am Prince Charming, the man who sweeps Cinder-Ella off her feet, stops at nothing to find her, and lets ‘no-one’ get in the way of his quest to eventually win the hand of the woman that he is ‘supposed’ to be with … in the movie that is”.

Why did I get the feeling that these two were, in some way, already fighting over me ? Oh my word, what are they like ?!?! are they men or children ?? or cavemen with big wooden clubs ?? … This was agony, like standing there and watching some kind of awful train crash in slow motion. Or even worse watching two lions fight it out over a scrap of meat … god !!!

Rocky’s face looked a mixture of shocked, angered and sly, I could tell he was about to say something else … oh no !!

It was then that I came to the realisation that, at this juncture, separating the guys might be the best thing to do before things went any further. I thankfully remembered that Anthony had yet to meet the other dolls in the group. So before Rocky even had a chance to respond to Anthony’s last comment, I blurted rather loudly.

“Errr .. everyone, this is Anthony”.

I was hoping that perhaps in meeting him themselves, it would at least direct the group’s attention away from Rocky and I a little. And also get Rocky and Anthony to think about something else, apart from each other, for the moment at least.

I watched as heads bobbed in all direction, it seemed as though no one could quite decide if they wanted to watch me, Rocky, Anthony or each other as events continued to unfold. I think we were all starting to feel a touch whiplashed and dizzy with all the jerky head movements and questioning looks that were been exchanged between us all. It was all so strange and confusing, and I still could not believe quite what was happening, or why oh why Holly would do this to me ?!!?
As things started to calm down a little, and the others were getting more involved in chatting with Anthony, Rocky turned to me and quietly said, in a way that sounded like he was trying to joke, but in reality I think he was being very serious “You’re quite taken with Prince ‘Prettyboy’ over there, aren’t you ?”.


What !?!? .. I looked at him a little startled by the almost accusatory way in which he had asked me, but I don’t think he really meant it like that. I don’t know why I was surprised though, after all it was bound to have come up at some point, after everything that had just happened. I had just hoped it would have been when we were alone, so I wouldn’t have had to have this discussion in such a public way.

“Are you jealous ?” I blurted in response almost not really thinking, although as soon as the words left my lips I realised I should not have said them, it was so very obvious that he was indeed VERY jealous. Well done there Ella, make a bad situation worse why don’t you ... oh god !!

“Of course not my Darling” he replied, looking ever so shifty and sheepish, it didn’t take a genius to figure out he was lying “But Sweetheart you can be straight with me you know … I won’t mind … honestly” he continued gently, looking like he was attempting ever so hard to be strong and not appear worried, or at all concerned, he was smiling, but it was not at all a happy smile. I think he was trying to be a gentleman, and do the right thing by letting the lady choose, or something like that, but I could see it in his eyes, and all over his face, this whole uncertainty was tormenting him so very deeply inside.

I know I had said only the other day, I wanted to see him thrown by a situation, just to see him flounder and not know what to do, but I take that all back now, this was awful, to witness him in such anguish. I hated seeing him so cut up in this way, and desperately wanted my strong, confident, sure of himself Rocky to return to me as soon as possible.
Oh Rocky” I declared lovingly, feeling as though I could no longer just stand there and watch his pain “honestly, you know I only have eyes for you!! I don’t want a Prince any more than you want me to be a Princess … I don’t care if ‘he’, or Holly for that matter, thinks we’re Cinderella & Prince Charming … I’m just Ella and the only guy ‘I’ want in the whole world is the one standing right in front of me now”.

 The look of relief on Rocky’s face was worth its weight in gold … but then he suddenly seemed a little guilt ridden “I’m so very sorry my Darling” he replied, finally sounding a little more sensible again, his voice was warm and full of sincerity “I should never have doubted you, … I have no excuse for my behaviour, except to say that my life wouldn’t be worth living without you by my side. Will you forgive me ?”.

 I sighed at him and smirked, it was a strange turn of events for me to be the one with an ‘Oh, what am I going to do with you ?’ look on my face. But then, I wasn’t angry or cross at him, and in spite of his slightly misjudged behaviour, I knew he was only reacting to a worried situation. After the number of times that he had overlooked my un-thought-out emotional overreactions, how on earth could I possibly sit here and judge him for doing the same ? I looked up at him, full of all the love in my heart, and simply said “Always”.
Rocky never said another word, instead he scooped me up in his arms rather suddenly and proceeded to kiss me with a fiery passion that was unlike anything I had ever experienced. He had never kissed me in such an all consuming intense way before, but I have to say that I liked it, I liked it a lot, and without thinking I just surrendered to the ecstasy of the moment.
As much as I enjoyed it, Rocky had sort of taken me a little by surprise, and in all honesty, I don’t think at that precise moment I was quite prepared for my very first ‘public kiss’ to be quite such a spectacle and display. But then when I think about it, in some ways, I wonder if maybe the kiss was not entirely all for my benefit anyway ?! … honestly, Men !!

No comments:

Post a Comment