Friday 28 September 2012

Chapter 25 - "When Love & Hate Collide !" - 28th September 2012.

I finally pluck up the courage to confront Rocky about the mysteries of his past. But am I too late ? ....

You can find the FULL story on my facebook blog here ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.151118961709479.35169.150797015075007&type=3
You can check out the music slideshow to this chapter on Youtube here ... http://youtu.be/rXHNPuZoVvM

Chapter 25 - "When Love & Hate Collide !".

I couldn’t sleep at all last night, yesterdays strange and surprising events had left me with far too many burning questions and curiosity. Perhaps I should have just walked straight up to Rocky and asked him myself, had a proper mature grown-up chat about things ? but somehow I just didn’t have a clue how to bring it up, or even ask him about his past ?

Seeing as my cowardly streak was now in control, the only option left was to try and do a bit of research and digging myself, to see what I could find out. So I did a little search on the internet, to see if I could find out what a Crystal Ken doll actually is ?

I was rather shocked with the picture that came up on my screen … was that my Rocky ?!

As I looked closer I could indeed tell it was him, well a version of his doll that is. The face looked just the same, even the smile, although I still think this guy somehow didn’t look as handsome as my Rocky. I also started to wonder what had happened to the lovely white suit that he originally came with ?

All this time I had been focussing on the Ken doll, at first I had not really taken any notice of the other doll in the photo. But now that I had, I was a little startled … she was a ‘Crystal’ Barbie, the counterpart to Crystal Ken! I studied the picture closely, the Barbie was so, sparkly and blond, and a touch Princessy, even her facial features had an ever so slight resemblance to my own.

Was this why Rocky liked me ? Do I remind him a little of a Crystal Barbie ? … and more importantly did Holly have a Crystal Barbie to go along with Rocky, when she was little ? … and if she did, what had happened to her ?

I had a million more questions than when I had started …oh no !!

I now knew that I had to talk to Rocky about this, I had to know what was going on ? and if he did in fact, like some of my other older doll friends, have a lost love that has left his heart all wounded inside ?
I looked all over the house, but couldn’t find him anywhere, not even working on his cars. There was only one place left that I had not tried, the wardrobe, but why on earth he would be up there ? … maybe he was looking for me or something ?

As I walked into the room I could hear muffled voices, I wondered what was going on and panicked so hid behind one of the shoe boxes, hoping that the pinkness of my dress might help me to camouflage with my surroundings a little.

I could see straight away that Rocky was up here, just like I had suspected, but he wasn’t alone … he was with another doll !!
It wasn’t just any doll either, even though her hair wasn’t quite a well styled and her dress had lost its sparkle, it was ever so plain to see … she was Crystal Barbie ! … she must be ‘the’ Crystal who Reid had referred to yesterday.

I watched in terror, but couldn’t quite really hear what they were saying ? Rocky definitely looked pleased to see her though, and she the same with him. They looked familiar and comfortable with one another as the talked, I didn’t like it.

I felt like I wanted to look away, as though I couldn’t watch … but somehow could not take my eyes off the pair of them … what is Rocky doing ?!?
Crystal’s face was quite pretty as she spoke, she had lovely violet coloured eyes that looked so very enchanting and almost twinkled when she smiled. But was Rocky finding her as captivating as I was ? that was the question burning me from within, whilst I felt the cracks starting to form in my delicate heart.

I could see they were getting a little closer to one another, as they continued to chat, then out of nowhere a huge smile engulfed Crystal’s face in response to something Rocky had just said to her, she looked ever so excited, declaring rather loudly “Oh Rocky, I’m sooo very pleased” and they hugged! She did not stop there however and continued saying “True love triumphs over all in the end, it’s just all so very Romantic, I think I could just cry”.
Oh my god !! What has just happened ?? Has Rocky just got back together with his long lost love ?? … without even a second thought for me! I felt as though I had been cast off like an old dish rag, and could not really quite believe that this was REALLY happening … and just like that my heart shattered into a million tiny pieces.
I could not contain my shock any longer and just gasped in horror at the scene before me. Which I get the impression Rocky & Crystal must have heard, when they suddenly turned around looking straight in my direction.
Rocky looked a little surprised by my presence, appearing a little startled as he exclaimed “Ella ?!?”.
I had seen enough, I could not take any more of this humiliation, so just turned and ran away. My eyes instantly filled with tears and I could not stop the uncontrollable sobbing that had taken me over. I still couldn’t believe it, I just couldn’t quite believe what had just happened … I thought Rocky felt as deeply for me as I did for him, but now I realised, I was only a consolation prize, until the return of his ‘real’ true love!

Rocky chased after me straight away, but luckily I had a better head start and was actually a much fast runner than he was, so he didn’t even get close as I ran down the stairs and across the house.
I’m not entirely sure where I was headed to, I just wanted to get as far away from what had just happened as possible, I wasn’t really even looking where I was going as I entered the dining room. But Anthony saw me coming as I almost ran right into him.
I stopped in my tracks at the sight of him, feeling ever so confused and vulnerable, I wept constantly as he spoke to me.

“Ella, my dear” he declared, sounding ever so concerned “What on earth has happened to get you in such a state ?”.

I couldn’t really talk properly and only managed to blub a little “its Rocky, he .. he .. he …” and that’s all I could say for the moment, before I was overwhelmed by another wave on uncontrollable sorrow and heartache.

Anthony looked at me a little sympathetically replying “Oh dear, have you two had a lovers quarrel ? … I’m sure you will sort it out in the end, not to worry”.

For some reason that comment made me sob even harder, I wished that it had been something as simple as just a little tiff between us.

“He’s .. he’s … he’s found someone else … Crystal Barbie !” I blurted, trying ever so hard to fight back my tears as I spoke.

For some reason though Anthony did not look as shocked, or upset as I would have thought by my declaration. I know I was a little distracted with other things at the time, so it may have been that I got the wrong impression, but I had an inkling he was almost a little pleased by the events that were causing me such misery.
I couldn’t control myself any longer though, and just broke down in utter despair at this unbelievably horrible turn of my life. I wept so very deeply on Anthony’s shoulder, I was almost a little worried that I might stain or dirty his posh shirt, but I was in such a state I couldn’t stop myself from continuing, as I sorely needed some comfort from someone.
It was as I was standing there, crying my eyes out on Anthony’s shoulder, that Rocky finally caught up to me. He came flying into the dining room at such a pace, for a moment I wondered if he was going to end up running straight through us in his haste.

There was a look of shock on his face, as he saw the close proximity which I was standing to Anthony, I actually found that slightly pleasing. It might be petty, but I wanted him to feel what I had felt, when I had seen him with Crystal upstairs.
I could tell that Rocky was VERY put out by Anthony’s presence, but he appeared to put that to the side for the moment, and instead said ever so gently to me “Ella, Sweetheart” somehow hearing him call me sweetheart after what had just happened felt ever so painful. I had to muster ever ounce of strength I had, just to turn and face him a little without breaking down again. “are you OK my Darling?” he continued, but it was ever so plain that I wasn’t ok, so he didn’t even wait for a reply before carrying on “Look, I’m not sure what you thought you saw ? But please let me explain ..”.
It was in that moment, all the anger inside me reared its ugly head, cutting him off in his tracks before he even had a chance to finish what he was saying.

“Explain ?!” I blurted rather bluntly “Explain ?! … oh yes an explanation is just what’s needed here” by now my voice was raised and almost shouting back at Rocky “How about an explanation of why you lied to me ? Why you NEVER told me about Crystal ? Why you made me fall in Love with you, only to crush my heart ? … are you pleased with yourself now ? Was it a good little game ? Are you now ever so happy that you’ve been reunited with your one true love, even if you had to destroy me in the process ? I loved you so very much, I would have done anything for you … how could you ? … how could you ?!!!?”.
Rocky looked ever so hurt and concerned by my outburst, he gently grabbed my arm saying a little more forcefully “Ella, please calm down, if you would just give me a moment to explain everything”

“Don’t touch me !!” I screamed back at him, pulling away from his slight hold of my elbow rather abruptly.
I’m not sure if he was trying to help or hurt matters, but it was now that Anthony decided to intervene “I think perhaps you should leave her be for the moment” the tone of his voice was polite but very authoritative.

“And I think you should mind your own business mate !” Rocky replied, he was starting to sound very peeved at the intrusion, especially from this guy.

Anthony’s voice was also sounding a little more surly, as he responded with “And I think it’s quite clear, the lady doesn’t want to talk to you Sir !”.
By now the guys were getting closer and closer, you could feel the intense competition and dislike they had for one another, as things rapidly escalated even further ..

“Look this is between Ella and I, and has nothing to do with you” said Rocky angrily.

Anthony smirked and seemed much more cool in his reply “I respectfully disagree, I think she needs the support here, of someone who is fully on ‘her’ side”.

“and what on earth makes you the right choice for that? We both know the REAL reason you are sticking you nose in here, and it has nothing at all to do with what’s best for her” … I actually think Rocky sort of had a point with this one.

Feeling that he had to remind everyone of the situation which had started this whole big drama, Anthony then added “And what’s best for her is you carrying on with your old flame right under her nose, is it ?” he was not sounding quite as well polished or posh in his delivery by now, I could tell the whole thing was starting to get him very wound up too.

“You don’t know what you’re talking about there … So stay out of it OK!” I think that last statement pushed the wrong button with Rocky, as he was now shouting quite loudly.

“Or what ?” replied Anthony, becoming so much more aggressive himself.

I couldn’t quite believe this !! … I was standing there distraught and heartbroken, and all these two were doing was building up to blows. The whole thing was utterly ridiculous, and I had simply had enough.
“Stop it, stop it … STOP IT !!!” I screamed at the top of my voice.

They turned and looked at me so startled, I don’t think they quite knew what to say or do for a moment.
It was then that I remembered the flower corsage on my wrist, the one Rocky had given to me on our first date. I had worn it every day since as a reminder of that wonderful night, and how I felt about him, and how I thought he felt about me … Now when I looked at it though, it just made me feel like a fool.

I tore the flower from my arm saying “This is all either of you are going to get of me … so fight over that !!” and with that I threw it back at Rocky, hoping he would feel the poignancy of what that meant.
My act had the exact effect I had hoped for, I could see how deeply it cut right through Rocky, as he stood there watching the flower, as it landed on the floor by his feet.

“Ella .. I…” he said, sounding so very hurt and wounded.

I couldn’t take any more though, I was mentally and emotionally exhausted, I didn’t want to hear another word out of either of them. So without even waiting to hear the rest of what Rocky was going to say, I just turned and ran away again sobbing.

“Leave me alone, the both of you … PLEASE, just leave me alone !!” …

 

No comments:

Post a Comment